This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||402.36 km2 (155.35 sq mi)|
|• Density||670/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Assasuni is located at. It has 40,735 households and a total area of 402.36 km2.
In the 1991 Bangladesh census, Assasuni had a population of 220,957. Males constituted 50.07% of the population, and females 49.93%. The population above the age of 18 was 110,961, with a literacy rate of 30.3% (7+ years), below the national average of 32.4%.
As of the 2011 Bangladesh census[update], Assasuni had a population of 268,754. Males constituted 49.86% of the population and females 50.14%. Muslims formed 72.94% of the population, Hindus 26.46%, Christians 0.50% and others 0.10%. Assasuni had a literacy rate of 49.83% for the population 7 years and above.
Assasuni Upazila is divided into 11 union parishads: Anulia, Assasuni, Baradal, Budhhata, Durgapur, Kadakati, Khajra, Kulla, Pratapnagar, Sobhnali, and Sreeula. The union parishads are subdivided into 143 mauzas and 241 villages.
- Champaful Acharcha Profullo Chandra High School
- Kalima Khali Azizia Siddikia senior Fazil Madrasha
- Kalima Khali Govt. Primary School
- Sriula High School
- Tuardanga H,F High school
- Harivanga High School
- Harivanga Govt.Primary School
- 68 No. Sriula Govt. Primary School
- Assasuni Government High School
- Dargahpur S.K.R.H. Higher Secondary School
- Assasuni Govt College
- Budhhata B,B,M collegiate School
- GUNAKARKATI SHAH MUHAMMAD YAHYA SECONDARY SCHOOL
- Assasuni Secondary Girl's High School
- Chapra High School
- Kunduria High School
- Mariala High School
- A.P.S Degree College
- Kadakati Arar High School
- Mohiskur Govt. Primary School
- Goaldanga Fakirbari High School
- Bichhat new model high school
- Batra Ebtedai Madrasha
- Bardal Secondary Girl's High School
- Baradal Aftabuddin Collegiate School
- Goaldanga Sukkulia Dakhil Madrasa
- Baradal Dakhil Madrasa
- Fakrabad Girls School
- Puijala BMRB HIGH SCHOOL
- Kodanda Secondary School
- Fakrabad Govt Primary School
- Fakrabad Adarsha Gram School
- Fakrabad Hafezia Madrasa
- Baintala R.C High school
- Troydoshpolli High School, Baintala
- Baintala Govt. Primary school
- Godara almadani Dakhil madrasha.
- Komlapur Govt. Primary School
- Sreeula Govt. Primary School
- Sonai Govt.Primary School
- Sabdalpur Govt. Primary School
- Khariati Secondary School
- Mohisha Danga Collegiate School
Assasuni is now under severe natural threat. Water logging is miserable during the rainy season. Cyclone Aila affected Assasuni badly in 2009. Crops failed tremendously. The earthen embankments and seawalls are always on the threat of erosion during every rainy seasons.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Satkhira" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 27 March 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Satkhira" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- De, Sachhida Nanda (2012). "Assasuni Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
|This Khulna Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|