DeCamp Bus Lines
|Locale||Essex County and Passaic County|
|Service area||Kearny, Nutley, Belleville, Bloomfield, Montclair, Clifton, The Oranges, The Caldwells, with some very limited service to Lyndhurst, and the Meadowlands|
|Service type||Line-run, charter|
|Daily ridership||7282 (weekday, 2006)|
|Chief executive||Gary Pard|
The family-run business was started as a stage-coach company, in 1870.
There are no fixed stops other than terminals, buses can be hailed to board; riders can request a stop to exit.
Local passengers within New Jersey are not carried on any line except for the 32.
According to the company it normally carries up to 7,000 passengers per day.
|Route||Terminal A||Via||Terminal B|
|Port Authority Bus Terminal||Paterson Plank Road
Kingsland Street and Darling Avenue
|33||Port Authority Bus Terminal (full-time)
Wall Street (rush hour service inbound only)
Broad Street or Grove Street
|W. Caldwell or Montclair|
|44||Port Authority Bus Terminal||Ridge Road
Heller Parkway/Franklin Street
Franklin Street and Montgomery Street
(C, MU, and R weekdays only)
|Port Authority Bus Terminal||Route 3
Montclair State University (some trips)
Eagle Rock Avenue (R trips only)
Prospect Avenue (R trips only)
Mississippi Loop (full-time)
Park Street and Bloomfield Avenue OR Watchung Plaza (some trips)
Crown View Apartments (CV trips only)
Essex Mall (R trips only)
|Port Authority Bus Terminal||Broad Street
Central Avenue and
Evergreen Place OR Scotland Road
(rush hours only)
|Port Authority Bus Terminal||Ridge Road/Kearny Avenue/Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard||Harrison|
Rodgers Boulevard and Harrison Avenue
- "National Transportation Database Program 2006 filing for Trans-Bridge Lines" (PDF). 18 September 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-03-27. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "DeCamp Bus Lines history". Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- Martin, Julia (6 August 2020). "DeCamp Bus Lines suspending all service due to COVID-19 pandemic". NorthJersey.com. Gannett. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- Higgs, Larry (March 24, 2020). "Bus companies suspend commuter service due to the coronavirus". NJ Advance Media for NJ.com.
- Higgs, Larry (August 6, 2020). "Private N.J. bus company halts service, slashes jobs. 'No one was traveling.'". nj. NJ Advance Media for NJ.com.
- Higgs, Larry (August 7, 2020). "After private bus company stops service, NJ Transit and Coach USA offer help for riders". nj. NJ Advance Media for NJ.com.
- "Bus Transportation | NYC Commuter & Charter Bus NY, NJ, CT & PA".
- "DeCamp will resume bus service to New York City soon, owner says".