Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang (Distinguished Service Order) was instituted in 1968. It is awarded to any person who has performed within Singapore any act or series of acts constituting distinguished conduct. In special circumstances, the order may be awarded to any person who has performed outside Singapore any act or series of acts constituting distinguished conduct.
|Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang|
Medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Singapore|
|Type||Order of Honour|
|Eligibility||Citizens of Singapore|
|Awarded for||Distinguished conduct|
|Next (higher)||Sijil Kemuliaan|
|Equivalent||Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang (Tentera)|
|Next (lower)||Pingat Kehormatan|
Ribbon prior to 1996
The medal of the Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang is worn as a neck decoration pendant from a ribbon. Recipients are entitled to use the post-nominal letters DUBC.
The Darjah Utama Bakti Cemerlang (Tentera) is the military equivalent award.
- The obverse of the medal consists of a bronze enamelled circle depressed inwards on a 4 opposite points with the words "DARJAH UTAMA BAKTI CEMERLANG" in letters of gold inscribed thereon. A laurel wreath in green enamel surrounds the circle. In the centre of the circle is a red shield on a white enamelled background bearing a crescent and 5 stars with a scroll below carrying the inscription "MAJULAH SINGAPURA".
- The reverse bears the State Arms.
- The ribbon consists of a red centre band flanked on each side by a white stripe with a narrow stripe followed by a red band and a white band, in that order.
|2019||Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun, 11th Inspector-General of the Royal Malaysia Police|
|2018||Philip Ng Chee Tat, Former Chairman, Singapore University of Technology and Design|
|2018||Wong Ngit Liong, Former Chairman, NUS Board of Trustees|
|2017||Ho Kwon Ping, Chairman, Singapore Management University, Board of Trustees|
|2017||Chin Siat Yoon, Former Ambassador to Japan|
|2016||Peter Ho Hak Ean, Chairman, Urban Redevelopment Authority|
|2015||LG (RET) Winston Choo Wee Leong, Ambassador (Non-Resident) to Israel|
|2015||Tee Tua Ba, Ambassador (Non-Resident) to Switzerland|
|2015||Dr Liu Thai-Ker, Chairman, Centre for Liveable Cities Advisory Board|
|2015||Dr Tan Wee Kiat, Chief Executive Officer, Gardens by the Bay, Advisor, National Parks Board|
|2015||Ch'ng Jit Koon, Former Adviser to Tiong Bahru, Bukit Merah and Tanjong Pagar Grassroots Organisations|
|2015||Sidek Saniff, Former Adviser to Aljunied Grassroots Organisations|
|2014||Chua Thian Poh, President, Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations; Chairman, Ren Ci Hospital; Chairman, Business China; Chairman, Board of Trustees of Chinese Development Assistance Council; Honorary President, Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry|
|2013||Timur Pradopo, Chief of the Indonesian National Police|
|2013||Pehin Dato Hj Hasrin, Commissioner of Police of the Royal Brunei Police Force|
|2013||Tan Sri Haji Ismail Bin Haji Omar, Inspector-General of the Royal Malaysia Police Police|
|2012||Peter Seah Lim Huat, Chairman, DBS Group Holdings Ltd; Chairman, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd; Chairman, Singapore Health Services Pte Ltd|
|2012||Tan Chin Tiong, Ambassador-at-Large|
|2011||Chan Heng Chee, Ambassador, Singapore Embassy in Washington, Ministry of Foreign Affairs|
|2011||Wee Cho Yaw, Founding President, Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations and Pro-Chancellor, Nanyang Technological University|
|2010||Tan Gee Paw, Chairman, Public Utilities Board, Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources|
|2009||Fock Siew Wah, Group chairman, PSA International Pte Ltd|
|2009||Musa Hassan, Inspector-General of Royal Malaysia Police|
|2008||Chao Hick Tin, Judge of Appeal, Supreme Court|
|2008||Mick Keelty, Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police|
|2008||Koh Boon Hwee, Chairman, Board of Trustees, Nanyang Technological University|
|2007||Cheng Wai Keung, Chairman, Neptune Orient Lines Ltd|
|2007||Lim Chee Onn, Executive chairman, Keppel Corporation Limited|
|2007||Lee Seng Gee, Chairman, Lee Foundation|
|2006||Al-Muhtadee Billah, Crown Prince of Brunei|
|2006||Lee Ching Yen, Stephen, managing director, Great Malaysia Textile Manufacturing Company Pte Ltd|
|2006||Teo Chan Seng, Eddie, Singapore's High Commissioner, Canberra, Australia|
|2003||Norian Mai, Inspector-General of Royal Malaysia Police|
|2003||Cham Tao Soon, University Distinguished Professor, President's Office, Nanyang Technological University|
|2002||Andrew Chew Guan Khuan, Chairman, Public Service Commission|
|2002||Yeo Ning Hong, Chairman, PSA Corporation|
|2001||Lee Seng Wee, Chairman, OCBC Ltd, Prime Minister's Office|
|2001||Alan F C Choe, Ex-Chairman, SDC and chairman, Sentosa Cove Pte Ltd, Ministry of Trade and Industry|
|2000||Lim Pin, Vice-chancellor, NUS and Prof, Dept of Medicine, NUS, Ministry of Education|
|2000||Lim Chong Yah, Chairman, National Wages Council, Ministry of Manpower|
|2000||Lee Ek Tieng, Group managing director, GIC Private Limited and Deputy chairman, MAS, Ministry of Finance|
|1999||Haji Ya'akub, Commissioner of Police of the Royal Brunei Police|
|1999||Chan Sek Keong, Attorney-General, Attorney-General's Chambers|
|1999||Ngiam Tong Dow, Chairman, HDB and CPF Board, Ministry of Finance|
|1990||Tommy Koh, academic, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Ambassador|
|1990||Lee Khoon Choy, author, artist, politician, Senior Minister of State and ambassador|
|1978||Tan Boon Teik, Attorney-General of Singapore|
- "President confers Distinguished Service Order on Malaysia's top cop". The Straits Times. 16 April 2019. Archived from the original on 5 May 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "National Day Awards 2018". Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- "Another feather in the cap for SMU chairman". Archived from the original on 19 July 2019. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Fitting end to ex-envoy's 40 years of public service". Archived from the original on 19 July 2019. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "National Day Awards 2016". Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- "National Day Awards". Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- "National Day Awards 2014" (PDF). The Straits Times. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 May 2015. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "S'pore President confers Distinguished Service Order on Indonesian police chief". Archived from the original on 9 December 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "RBPF chief gets top Singapore honour". Archived from the original on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Malaysian police chief conferred Distinguished Service Order". www.msn.com. Archived from the original on 5 May 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "National Day awards". Archived from the original on 9 March 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2019.