Police-General (Ret.) Muhammad Tito Karnavian is an Indonesian politician and retired police general who is the currently-appointed Minister of Home Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia. He was Chief of the Indonesian National Police since 13 July 2016 till 23 October 2019. He is the replacement of the previous chief, Badrodin Haiti that served from 17 April 2015 to 13 July 2016. On 15 June 2016, Tito was proposed by Indonesian President Joko Widodo to be the Chief of Indonesian National Police replacing Badrodin Haiti who now officially retired from the service. On 23 June 2016, he was confirmed unanimously by Indonesian House of Representatives and inaugurated by President Joko Widodo on 13 July 2016.
Muhammad Tito Karnavian
Tito as Minister of Home Affairs
|29th Minister of Home Affairs|
|Assumed office |
23 October 2019
|Vice President||Ma'ruf Amin|
|Preceded by||Tjahjo Kumolo|
|23rd Chief of National Police of Indonesia|
13 July 2016 – 22 October 2019
|Preceded by||Badrodin Haiti|
|Succeeded by||Ari Dono Sukmanto (Acting)|
|Chief of National Agency for Combating Terrorism (BNPT)|
16 March 2016 – 13 July 2016
|Preceded by||Saud Usman Nasution|
|Succeeded by||Suhardi Alius|
|Born||26 October 1964|
Palembang, South Sumatera, Indonesia
|Alma mater||"Akpol" (Indonesian National Police Academy) (1987)|
University of Exeter (1993)
Nanyang Technological University (2013)
|Awards||"Adhi Makayasa" (1987)|
|Branch/service||Indonesian National Police|
|Years of service||1987–2019|
|Unit||"Reserse" (Crime investigation)|
- "Man With A Plan: Muhammad Tito Karnavian Signifies The Nation's Future". Indonesia Tatler. 11 October 2017. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Tito Karnavian Jadi Mendagri, Fachrul Razi Menteri Agama" [Tito Karnavian becomes Home Minister, Fachrul Razi becomes Religious minister]. Detik.com. 23 October 2019. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- "Indonesian President Jokowi announces new Cabinet". The Straits Times. 23 October 2019. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- "Aklamasi Komisi 3 DPR Setuju Tito Sebagai Kapolri Baru" [Unanimously Commission 3 DPR Agree Tito as Chief of Indonesia National Police]. Arah.com. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Chan, Francis (13 July 2016). "Indonesia's new police chief Tito tasked with unifying police force against crime, terrorism and graft". The Straits Times. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "Tito Pastikan Provinsi Baru di Papua Bernama Papua Selatan". CNN Indonesia (in Indonesian). 29 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
| Chief of National Police of Indonesia