Crown Colony of Sarawak
|Crown Colony of Sarawak|
God Save the King (1946–1952)
God Save the Queen (1952–1963)
Fair Land Sarawak
|Languages||English, Iban, Malay, Chinese|
|Historical era||New Imperialism|
|•||Sarawak ceded to the Crown Colony||30 June 1946|
|•||Self-government||22 July 1963|
|•||Malaysia Agreement||16 September 1963|
|Currency||Sarawak dollar, later Malaya and British Borneo dollar|
|Today part of||Malaysia|
|Governor of British Crown Colony of Sarawak|
|Appointer||King George VI
succeeded in 1952 by Queen Elizabeth II
|Inaugural holder||Sir Charles Noble Arden-Clarke|
|Final holder||Sir Alexander Waddell|
|Abolished||16 September 1963 (Formed the Federation of Malaysia)|
The Governor of British Crown Colony of Sarawak (Malay: Tuan Yang Terutama Gabenor Koloni Mahkota British Sarawak) was the position created by the British Government upon the cession of Sarawak from the Brooke Administration in 1946. The appointment was made by King George VI, and later Queen Elizabeth II until the self-government of Sarawak on 22 July 1963 and the forming of the Federation of Malaysia on 1963. After the formation of Malaysia, the title was changed to 'Tuan Yang Terutama Yang di-Pertua Negeri Sarawak', which also means 'His Excellency The Governor of Sarawak', or 'His Excellency The Head of State of Sarawak' and the appointment was later made by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong or King of Malaysia.
List of Governors of the Crown Colony of SarawakEdit
|No.||Name||Took Office||Left Office||Note|
|1.||Charles Arden-Clarke||26 October 1946||26 July 1949||First Governor of the Crown Colony of Sarawak|
|2.||Duncan Stewart||14 November 1949||10 December 1949||Assassinated by Rosli Dhobi while visiting Sibu on 3 December 1949|
|3.||Anthony Abell||4 April 1950||15 November 1959||Originally appointed for the term of 3 years only, but his term was extended to 1959. He would later become one of the members of the Cobbold Commission.|
|4.||Alexander Waddell||23 February 1960||22 July 1963||Last Governor of Sarawak.|
- Frans Welman. Borneo Trilogy Sarawak: Volume 2. Booksmango. pp. 134–. ISBN 978-616-245-089-1. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "The National Archives DO 169/254 (Constitutional issues in respect of North Borneo and Sarawak on joining the federation)". The National Archives. 1961–1963. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Vernon L. Porritt (1997). British Colonial Rule in Sarawak, 1946-1963. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-983-56-0009-8.
- Philip Mathews (28 February 2014). Chronicle of Malaysia: Fifty Years of Headline News, 1963-2013. Editions Didier Millet. pp. 15–. ISBN 978-967-10617-4-9.
- Colonial administration records (migrated archives): Sarawak (Malaysia) at The National Archives (Pg. 65)
|This Sarawak-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|