Chris Reed (American football)
Christopher Reed (born July 22, 1992) is an American football guard for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars after the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at Minnesota State.
|No. 64 – Miami Dolphins|
|Born:||July 22, 1992|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Omaha Central|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2019|
Reed attended Minnesota State University where he played as a left tackle for the Minnesota State football team. Chris was fortunate enough to clinch a National championship berth and walk across the stage alongside teammates Darius Clare and Josh Meeker with ESPN in attendance. In addition to playing football, Reed was also a thrower on the school's track and field team. While on the track and field team, Reed, was an 11-time NCAA Division II Track & Field All-American and the NCAA DII outdoor shot put champion in both 2013 and 2014. He also holds school records in the indoor and outdoor shot put, as well as, the indoor weight throw and outdoor hammer throw.
Following the 2015 NFL Draft, Reed was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent. He was on the team's practice squad during the 2015 season. He made the team's 53-man roster on September 3, 2016. He played in 10 games with four starts before being placed on injured reserve on December 23, 2016 with a toe injury.
On September 2, 2017, Reed was waived by the Jaguars and signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on October 7, 2017. He played in six games in 2017, starting three at left guard in place of the injured Patrick Omameh.
- "Chris "The Beast" Reed Signs with Jacksonville". Mankato Times. May 4, 2015.
- Day, Ryan (December 23, 2016). "Aaron Colvin, Chris Reed placed on injured reserve". BigCatCountry.com.
- Oehser, John (September 2, 2017). "Jaguars reduce active roster to 53 players". Jaguars.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2017.
- "Jaguars sign players to 10-man practice squad". Jaguars.com. September 3, 2017.
- "Jaguars rule out starting center Linder, promote Reed". USAToday.com. Associated Press. October 7, 2017. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- Poupart, Alain (March 18, 2019). "Tough, Versatile G/C Chris Reed Signed By Dolphins". MiamiDolphins.com.