for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Shamsul Haque Chowdhury|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission renumbered the seat for Sandwip Upazila from Chittagong-16 to Chittagong-3, bumping up by one the suffix of the former constituency of that name and the higher numbered constituencies in the district. Thus Chittagong-12 covers the area previously covered by Chittagong-11. Previously Chittagong-12 encompassed Anowara Upazila and five union parishads of Patiya Upazila: Bara Uthan, Char Lakshya, Char Patharghata, Juldha, and Sikalbaha.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Awami League||Shamsul Haque Chowdhury||128,214||92.6||+37.9|
|JP(E)||Sirajul Islam Chowdhury||10,197||7.4||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Akhtaruzzaman Chowdhury Babu||110,951||54.7||+9.3|
|BNP||Sarwar Jamal Nizam||86,751||42.7||-8.2|
|BIF||M. A. Matin||4,307||2.1||0.0|
|Gano Forum||Uzzal Bhumik||517||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||Sarwar Jamal Nizam||76,473||50.9||+3.6|
|Awami League||Akhtaruzzaman Chowdhury Babu||68,187||45.4||+7.9|
|BIF||Abdu Noor Chowdhury||3,081||2.1||-0.7|
|IJOF||Abdus Sattar Rani||1,680||1.1||N/A|
|Independent||Syed Jamal Ahmmad||229||0.2||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Abul Kalam Bakul||133||0.1||N/A|
|Bangladesh Progressive Party||Ali Ahmad Talukder||128||0.1||N/A|
|JSD||Md. Abu Taher Bangali||96||0.1||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|BNP||Sarwar Jamal Nizam||52,792||47.3||+10.2|
|Awami League||Ataur Rahman Khan Kaisa||41,901||37.5||-10.0|
|JP(E)||Ukil Shahadat Hossain Chowdhury||8,926||8.0||+0.4|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Sumsuddin Ahmed Mirza||4,212||3.8||+1.0|
|BIF||Md. Momtaz Uddin Chowdhury||3,084||2.8||+0.3|
|NAP (Bhashani)||Nurul Haque||281||0.3||+0.1|
|Zaker Party||Chitto Sen Barua||212||0.2||-0.1|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Akhteruzzaman Chowdhury Babu||42,973||47.5|
|JP(E)||Shahadat Hossain Chowdhury||6,861||7.6|
|BIF||Md. Momtaz Uddin Chowdhury||2,249||2.5|
|Bangladesh Janata Party||Aminur Rahman||984||1.1|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Khalekuzzaman)||Akhter Kabir||399||0.4|
|Zaker Party||Amir Ahmed Khan||249||0.3|
|NAP (Bhashani)||Nurul Haq||199||0.2|
|JSD (R)||Mokhter Ahmad||146||0.2|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||Ali Ahmad Talukder||95||0.1|
|Awami League gain from [[|N/A]]|
- "Chattogram-12". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Chittagong-12". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Electoral Area Result Statistics: Chittagong-12". AmarMP. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Akhtaruzzaman Babu MP dies". bdnews24.com. 4 November 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "AL's Javed wins Ctg-12 by-election". The Daily Star. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Parisankhyana pratibedana 9ma jatiya sangsad nirbacana" পরিসংখ্যান প্রতিবেদন ৯ম জাতীয় সংসদ নির্বাচন [Statistics Report 9th Parliament Election] (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). p. 322.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.