Chief creative officer
A chief creative officer (CCO) is the highest ranking position of the creative team within a company. Depending on the type of company, this position may be responsible for the overall look and feel of marketing, media, and branding associated with the organization. The CCO may also be charged with managing, developing, and leading the team of creative directors, art directors, designers, and copywriters.
The CCO directs a company's creative output, developing the artistic design strategy that defines the company's brand. The CCO creates the unique image of the firm and deliver this distinctive design to consumers and to create a clear brand image which is a fundamental and essential work throughout the company. Advertisements present a certain memorable artistic design while also structured to accomplish functional goals. The CCO ensures that the design and functionality combine harmoniously so the firm can present a product that successfully represents its creative brand.
CCOs, in some cases are called creative directors, are demanded in firms which involve creative thinking and artistic design. The position of generic head of marketing is usually replaced by chief creative officer in advertising firms. The power of chief creative officer can even be compared to CEO and at the early stages of a small company, usually at the start of partnerships, the CCO and the CEO manage jointly.
Notable chief creative officersEdit
- Riccardo Tisci of Burberry
- Raf Simons of Calvin Klein
- Jennifer Lee of Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Pete Docter of Pixar
- Jessica Alba of The Honest Company
- Scott Aukerman of Earwolf
- Burnie Burns of Rooster Teeth Productions
- Nick Cannon of Radio Shack
- Clive Davis of Sony Music Entertainment
- Bran Ferren of Applied Minds LLC, and Walt Disney Imagineering
- John Gaburick of Impact Wrestling
- Hugh Hefner of Playboy Enterprises
- Alan Horn of Walt Disney Studios
- Geoff Johns of DC Entertainment
- Jared Leto of Fandor and 30 Seconds to Mars
- Hisao Oguchi of Sega Sammy Holdings
- Joe Quesada of Marvel Entertainment
- Will.I.Am of 3D Systems 
- Written By: Terry Masters, Edited By: Allegra J. Lingo "What Does a Chief Creative Officer Do", 14 October 2014, Retrieved on 30 October 2014
- Burberry appoints Riccardo Tisci as Chief Creative Officer. Burberry. 1 March 2018
- Your Creative Director Cheat Sheet for the Fall 2018 Shows. FASHIONISTA. 6 February 2018
- "Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Name Chief Creative Officers - The Walt Disney Company". The Walt Disney Company. 19 June 2018.
- "Jessica Alba’s Honest Beauty to Launch in Ulta"
- "Burnie Burns"
- "Nick Cannon Joins RadioShack As Chief Creative Officer". PR Newswire. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Mr. Clive Jay Davis"
- "Hugh Hefner Biography"
- Donnelly, Matt (May 1, 2019). "Disney Promotes Alan Bergman to Studio Co-Chairman as Alan Horn Adds Chief Creative Officer Role". Variety. Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- "Geoff Johns"
- "3D Systems Appoints will.i.am as Its Chief Creative Officer". 3D Systems. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|