Haga at the 2017 Vuelta a España
|Full name||Chad Haga|
|Born||August 26, 1988|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||71.5 kg (158 lb; 11 st 4 lb)|
|Current team||Team Sunweb|
|Rider type||Rouleur, Time trialist|
|2006–2010||Texas A&M University Cycling Team|
|2009–2011||Team Brain and Spine Cycling|
|2011||Rio Grande Cycling|
|2011–2013||Kelly Benefit Strategies–OptumHealth|
He was born in McKinney, Texas and attended Texas A&M University where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 2010. While there he raced collegiately with the Texas A&M Cycling Team and as an amateur with Team Brain and Spine Cycling and Super Squadra. After Graduation he joined the Rio Grande Cycling squad. He began racing professionally in 2011 after joining Kelly Benefit Strategies–OptumHealth.
On 23 January 2016, he was one of the six members of the Team Giant–Alpecin who were hit by a car which drove into on-coming traffic while they were training in Calpe, Spain. All riders were in stable condition.
- 1st Prologue Mount Hood Classic
- 3rd Overall Tour of Elk Grove
- 1st Prologue Cascade Classic
- 4th Copperas Cove Classic
- 1st Overall Joe Martin Stage Race
- 1st Prologue Tour of Elk Grove
- 2nd Overall Volta ao Alentejo
- 2nd Overall Redlands Bicycle Classic
- 1st Stage 1
- 3rd Overall USA Cycling National Racing Calendar
- 3rd Overall McLane Pacific Classic
- 3rd Overall Cascade Classic
- 5th Time trial, National Road Championships
- 10th Overall Tour of California
- 2nd Team time trial, UCI Road World Championships
- 2nd Time trial, National Road Championships
- 1st Stage 21 (ITT) Giro d'Italia
Grand Tour general classification results timelineEdit
|Tour de France||—||—||—||—||72||134|
|Vuelta a España||73||—||76||98||—||—|
|—||Did not compete|
|DNF||Did not finish|
- "Interviews - PezCycling News".
- "Team Sunweb confirm 2019 men's and women's rosters". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. November 23, 2018. Retrieved January 5, 2019.
- "Optum's Chad Haga aims for top time trialing spot in the U.S. - VeloNews.com". 28 February 2013.
- "Haga postpones engineering career to pursue pro cycling dreams - Cyclingnews.com".
- "John Degenkolb and Warren Barguil among six Giant-Alpecin cyclists hospitalised after being hit by a car". Irish Independent. 23 January 2016.
- "2018: 105th Tour de France: Start List". Pro Cycling Stats. Retrieved 5 July 2017.