2018 UCI Road World Championships – Men's team time trial
The Men's team time trial of the 2018 UCI Road World Championships was a cycling event that took place on 23 September 2018 in Innsbruck, Austria. It was the 34th edition of the championship, and the 7th since its reintroduction for trade teams in 2012. German team Team Sunweb were the defending champions, having won in 2017. 22 teams and 132 riders entered the competition.
|2018 UCI Road World Championships|
|Dates||23 September 2018|
|Distance||62.4 km (38.77 mi)|
|Winning time||1h 07' 25.94"|
The race was won for the first time since 2016 by Quick-Step Floors, finishing 18.46 seconds clear of the defending champions, Team Sunweb, while the BMC Racing Team completed the podium, a further 1.09 seconds in arrears.
The race consisted of a route 62.4 kilometres (38.8 miles) in length, starting from Ötztal and ending in Innsbruck. The route was primarily rolling, except for a climb of 4.5 kilometres (2.8 miles) between Kematen in Tirol and Axams, with an average 5.5% gradient and maximum of 13% in places.
All twenty-two teams completed the 62.4-kilometre (38.8 mi)-long course.
- "Final Results / Résultat final: Men's Team Time Trial / Contre-la-montre par équipes Hommes" (PDF). Sport Result. Tissot Timing. 23 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "World Championships: Team Sunweb win men's team time trial". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. 17 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Start List / Liste de départ: Men's Team Time Trial / Contre-la-montre par équipes Hommes" (PDF). Sport Result. Tissot Timing. 22 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- Adams, Tom (23 September 2018). "UCI World Championships - Quick - Step Floors dominate to claim men's TTT title in Innsbruck". Eurosport. Discovery, Inc. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Up next: UCI Women's and Men's Team Time Trials". Innsbruck-Tirol 2018. Innsbruck-Tirol Cycling Championship 2018 GmbH. 22 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2018.