Cardona, officially the Municipality of Cardona, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Cardona), is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Rizal, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 49,034 people.
|Municipality of Cardona|
Map of Rizal with Cardona highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||February 1, 1914 |
|Barangays||18 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Teodulo C. Campo|
|• Vice Mayor||Gil F. Pandac|
|• Congressman||Juan Fidel Felipe F. Nograles|
|• Electorate||26,614 voters (2016)|
|• Total||28.56 km2 (11.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)2|
|Climate type||tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||106.9 million (2016)|
Cardona is in District 2 of Rizal.
With the continuous expansion of Metro Manila, the municipality is now part of Manila's conurbation which reaches Cardona in its easternmost part.
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Cardona, Rizal, was 49,034 people, with a density of 1,700 inhabitants per square kilometre or 4,400 inhabitants per square mile.
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
Born Again Christian ChurchEdit
- Cardona Christian Church
- Cardona Bethel United Methodist Church
- Castle for Achievers Learning School
- CJ Learning Center
- Lyceum Internation of the Far East
- Mother Most Chaste School
- MV Montessori School
- Queen Mary Help of Christians Educational Center
- San Francisco Parish School
- Talim Island Academy Foundation
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Rizal". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Rizal". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.