Bulandshahr district(Redirected from Bulandshahr District)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bulandshahr district (also spelled Bulandshahar) is a district in the Meerut region in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh located between 28.4° and 28.0° north latitudes and between 77.0° and 78.0° east longitudes. Bulandshahr city is the district headquarters. It is part of National Capital Region of India.
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Bulandshahr district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Bulandshahr, Syana, Anoopshahr,
Shikarpur, Khurja, dibai, Sikandrabad
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Bulandshahr|
|• Literacy||76.23 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||892|
|Major highways||National Highway 91|
According to the 2011 census Bulandshahr district had a population of 3,498,507, roughly equal to the nation of Lithuania or the US state of Connecticut. This makes it the 85th most populace district of the total 640. The district has a population density of 788 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,040/sq mi).
In 1901, the population stood at 1,138,101.
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Bulandshahar District Map". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "National Capital Region Planning Board". ncrpb.nic.in. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Lithuania 3,535,547 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Bulandshahr". Encyclopædia Britannica. 4 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 771.
- "Bulandshahr Agriculture, District Level Information of Bulandshahr | Uttar Pradesh". www.districtsofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Agricultural Efficiency in Uttar Pradesh" (PDF).