Brooklyn Danielle Decker Roddick (born April 12, 1987) is an American fashion model and actress best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, including the cover of the 2010 issue. In addition to working for Victoria's Secret for the 2010 "Swim" collection, she has ventured into television with guest appearances on Chuck, Ugly Betty, The League, and Royal Pains. She made her feature film debut in Just Go with It, and later starred in Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting. Decker is married to former tennis player Andy Roddick.
|Born||Brooklyn Danielle Decker
April 12, 1987
Kettering, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S. , Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Other names||Brooklyn Roddick|
|Spouse(s)||Andy Roddick (m. 2009)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Decker was born in Kettering, Ohio, the daughter of Tessa (née Moore), a nurse, and Stephen Decker, a pacemaker salesman. She has one brother, Jordan, who is three years younger. She and her family moved to Middletown, Ohio, then to Matthews, North Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte.
She was discovered in a Charlotte shopping mall as a teenager. Decker began her modeling career as the face of Mauri Simone, a popular prom dress maker. She won the 2003 Model of the Year award at the Connections Model and Talent Convention. In a January 2011 interview with Self magazine, Decker stated that she suffered from an eating disorder and states, "My father did an intervention and got me to stop obsessing about everyone else and wrecking my body."
|Decker's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 12, 2010|
Decker has been featured in pictorials in Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, FHM, and Glamour, and has modeled for The Gap, Intimissimi and Victoria's Secret. She has appeared in music videos for Jimmy Buffett and the band 3 Doors Down. She is also an avid North Carolina Tar Heels basketball and Carolina Panthers fan.
In 2005, within two months of moving to New York City, Decker auditioned for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, in which she first appeared in 2006. She was again featured in the 2007 edition, and hosted the 2007 behind-the-scenes television special. She returned for a third consecutive time in 2008. Decker was chosen cover girl for the 2010 edition, shot on location in the Maldives islands. In 2007, she had a recurring feature on the CNN/SI website called "She Says, Z Says," along with Paul Zimmerman, discussing NFL football games of the week. Decker appeared in the 2007 made-for-television Lipshitz Saves the World. She worked for a period in Australia. She joined the cast of Sports New York to discuss the 2010 NCAA basketball tournament. In 2008, Decker rang the New York Stock Exchange bell with other Sports Illustrated models.
Decker made a guest appearance on NBC's Chuck, where she played a model applying to be a "Buy More Girl." She made a guest appearance on USA Network's Royal Pains on July 30, 2009. Decker played swimsuit model Rachel, while Peter Jacobson played Alan, her nebbish husband.
On February 8, 2010, David Letterman announced on Late Show with David Letterman that Decker had been chosen as the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covermodel. Calling her selection "the news of a lifetime," Decker admitted that her mother cried when she heard her daughter would grace the cover.
Decker served as a guest judge in the 5th cycle from Germany's Next Topmodel. She was reportedly considered for the lead female role in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Decker won Esquire magazine's 2010 "Sexiest Woman Alive" bracket challenge.
In 2011, Decker was cast as the female lead, Samantha Shane, daughter of a naval officer who works as a physical therapist, in the film Battleship, which was based on the board game of the same name. The role allowed her to spend some time with the Wounded Warriors Project. She also traveled to medical hospitals in Pearl Harbor and San Antonio and worked with troops who came back injured from overseas. She was also part of the ensemble cast of the comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting (2012), based on the book of the same name. She played the wife of Dennis Quaid's character.
Since 2015, she has appeared as Mallory Hanson in Grace and Frankie as one of the titular character's daughters.
Decker began dating U.S. tennis player Andy Roddick in 2007 and became engaged in March 2008. The couple wed on April 17, 2009, and now live in Roddick's home town of Austin, Texas. Decker gave birth to their son Hank in September 2015. In July 2017, Roddick announced that he and Decker are expecting their second child.
|2011||Just Go with It||Palmer Dodge||Film debut|
|2012||Battleship||Samantha "Sam" Shane|
|2012||What to Expect When You're Expecting||Skyler Cooper|
|2016||Casual Encounters||Laura Leonard|
|2007||Lipshitz Saves the World||Rebecca Fellini||Unsold TV pilot|
|2009||Chuck||Job applicant||Episode: "Chuck Versus the Beefcake"|
|2009||Royal Pains||Rachel Ryder||Episode: "The Honeymoon's Over"|
|2009||Ugly Betty||Lexie||Episode: "The Wiener, the Bun and the Boob"|
|2012||League, TheThe League||Gina Gibiatti||Episodes: "Our Dinner with Andre", "12.12.12", "The Curse of Shiva"|
|2013||New Girl||Holly||Episode: "Cooler"|
|2014||Friends with Better Lives||Jules Talley||Main role (13 episodes)|
|2015–present||Grace and Frankie||Mallory Hanson||Series regular|
|List of awards and nominations|
|2011||Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Breakout: Female||Just Go with It||Won|
|2012||Razzie Award||Worst Screen Couple Shared with Adam Sandler and EITHER Decker OR Jennifer Aniston||Nominated|
|2013||Razzie Award||Worst Supporting Actress||Battleship
What to Expect When You're Expecting
- "Brooklyn Decker profile". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved June 21, 2012.
- "V2 | heft|ig magazin". Heftig-magazin.de. October 17, 2008. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Brooklyn in New York". Lucire. January 12, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- Théoden Janes (February 10, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker's biggest splash | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper". Charlotteobserver.com. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "Television: February 2006". Cincytv.blogspot.com. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Dayton, Ohio, news and information". MiddletownJournal. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "profile". Askmen.com. August 3, 1987. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker's Dad Saved Her From Eating Disorder". BabyRazzi. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "2006 Swimsuit: Brooklyn Decker". SI.com. February 14, 2006. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "Brooklyn Decker". IMDb.
- "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker get engaged". Showhype.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "profile". Nymag.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Matt Mitovich (June 23, 2009). "Exclusive: House Doc and Swimsuit Model Feel the Pains". TV Guide Online. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- Strzemien, Anya (February 9, 2010). "Brooklyn Decker SI Swimsuit Issue Cover PHOTO REVEALED". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Brooklyn Decker (Photos) Mom Cried Over SI Swimsuit Cover". National Ledger. February 10, 2010. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- Fleming, Mike (May 25, 2010). "Megan Fox's 'T3? Replacement Down To Three Candidates, One Front-Runner –". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- Brooklyn Decker Is Your 2010 Sexiest Woman Alive. Esquire magazine. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Evry, Max (January 5, 2011). "25 Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011". Next Movie. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 15, 2012). "Brooklyn Decker on Her Acting Career: 'I'm Still Studying to Get Better'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Dennis Quaid to star opposite Brooklyn Decker in new rom-com". Musicrooms.net. July 20, 2011. Archived from the original on April 6, 2012. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "The WAGS of the U.S. Open". Maxim magazine. September 2010. page 38
- Triggs, Charlotte (April 17, 2009). "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker Tie the Knot – Weddings, Andy Roddick, Elton John". People. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker Welcome Son Hank – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". PEOPLE.com.
- Swertlow, Meg; Passalaqua, Holly; Aiello, McKenna (July 23, 2017). "Brooklyn Decker Is Pregnant! Andy Roddick Reveals Actress Is Expecting Baby No. 2". E! News. Retrieved October 2, 2017.