FHM (For Him Magazine) is a British multinational men's lifestyle magazine that was published in several countries. Its master edition contained features such as the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World, which has featured models, actresses, musicians, TV presenters, and reality stars.
|Company||Bauer Media Group|
The final printed issue of British FHM was produced in December 2015, after which the magazine moved to a digital-only platform, with updated daily content on topics such as dating tips, style advice, viral news, life hacks, sports and entertainment.
High-profile people who have been published in the magazine include top models Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Anne Vyalitsyna, Miranda Kerr, Candice Swanepoel, Irina Shayk and Emily Ratajkowski.
The magazine began publication in 1985 in the UK under the name For Him Magazine and changed its title to FHM in May 1992, although the full For Him Magazine continued to be printed on the spine of each issue. The first woman to appear on the cover was Gina Davies in February 1993. The trend towards female cover stars grew over the following year, with both Naomi Campbell and Andie MacDowell appearing.
Circulation expanded to newsagents as a quarterly by the Spring of 1987 and then monthly in 1994. EMAP Consumer Media bought the magazine in 1994 and it subsequently went on to dominate the UK men's market and began to expand internationally, being published in 32 countries including India.
In August 2016, under the guidance of BauerXcel Media, a property of Bauer Media Group, Nick Dimengo took over as the senior editor of FHM.com.
FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the WorldEdit
Each of FHM's international editions publish yearly rankings for the sexiest women alive based on public and editorial voting through the magazine's website. Dates of magazine issues, winners, ages of winners at the time of selection, and pertinent comments are listed below. The data below refer only to the British edition (the rankings for the international editions vary widely, with many top-ranking women in some editions not appearing at all in others).
|1995||Claudia Schiffer||25||First supermodel to have won the accolade|
|1996||Gillian Anderson||28||First winner voted for by the public|
|1997||Teri Hatcher||33||First woman over 30 to win the accolade|
|1998||Jenny McCarthy||26||Former Playboy Playmate|
|1999||Sarah Michelle Gellar||22||American actress|
|2000||Jennifer Lopez||31||First woman to win the accolade twice|
|2002||Anna Kournikova||22||Only athlete to win the accolade|
|2003||Halle Berry||37||American actress. Oldest winner|
|2004||Britney Spears||22||American singer|
|2005||Kelly Brook||25||First British winner|
|2006||Keira Knightley||21||British actress. Youngest winner|
|2007||Jessica Alba||26||American actress|
|2008||Megan Fox||22||American actress|
|2009||Cheryl Cole||25||British singer|
|2011||Rosie Huntington-Whiteley||24||British model|
|2013||Mila Kunis||29||American actress|
|2014||Jennifer Lawrence||23||American actress|
|2015||Michelle Keegan||27||British actress|
|2016||Margot Robbie||26||Australian actress|
|2017||Gal Gadot||32||Israeli actress|
FHM was published in the following territories.
|FHM Australia||Bauer Media Group|
|FHM Canada||Published between 1995 and 2007|
|FHM China||Trends Press|
|FHM Denmark||Benjamin Publications A/S|
|FHM France||Emap then Mondadori then 1633 Publishing|
|FHM Holland||Free Media Group|
|FHM India||TCG Media Group|
|FHM Indonesia||MRA Media Group, closed in December 2017|
|FHM Malaysia||Astro Digital Publications Sdn Bhd|
|FHM Norway||Bonnier Group|
|FHM Tajikistan Turkmenistan Kyrgyzstan Kazakhstan|
|FHM Philippines||Summit Media, closed on 1 May 2018|
|FHM Portugal||Impresa Publishing (formerly Abril/controljornal, closed on 25 February 2010)|
|FHM Romania||Published between April 2000 and August 2014|
|FHM Russia||Closed in 2016|
|FHM Singapore||Mediacorp, closed in September 2015|
|FHM South Africa||Media24|
|FHM Sweden||Currently published|
|FHM Taiwan||Taiwan Publishing Co, currently published|
|FHM Thailand||Inspire Entertainment|
|FHM Turkey||Saffron Media|
|FHM UK||Bauer Media Group (only online)|
|FHM Hungary||Jessica Szekeres|
- "FHM Men's Magazine. Sexy Girls, News & Men's Fashion (homepage)". FHM. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- FashionModelDirectory.com, The FMD -. "Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Fashion Model | Models | Photos, Editorials & Latest News | The FMD". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "ANNE VYALITSYNA in FHM Magazine, China May 2014 Issue". HawtCelebs. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- FashionModelDirectory.com, The FMD -. "Miranda Kerr - Fashion Model | Models | Photos, Editorials & Latest News | The FMD". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Corcoran, Caroline (3 May 2012). "Seen this FHM? Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel continues her mission to make next year's sexiest list". mirror. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Irina Shayk - FHM-08 - GotCeleb". GotCeleb. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Emily Ratajkowski - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Di Hand; Steve Middleditch (10 July 2014). Design for Media: A Handbook for Students and Professionals in Journalism, PR, and Advertising. Routledge. p. 8. ISBN 978-1-317-86402-8. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "FHM and Zoo magazines to suspend publication". BBC News. 17 November 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "FHM magazine and Zoo to be suspended". Film Industry Network. 17 November 2015.
- Souiden, Nizar; Diagne, Mariam (2009). "Canadian and French men's consumption of cosmetics". Journal of Consumer Marketing. 26 (2). doi:10.1108/07363760910940465. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- Ricciardelli, Rosemary; et al. (2010). "Investigating Hegemonic Masculinity: Portrayals of Masculinity in Men's Lifestyle Magazines". Sex Roles. 63 (1–2): 64–78. doi:10.1007/s11199-010-9764-8. S2CID 143521323. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Publishing: Magazines, TCG Media website. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "FHM to close". Publicitas. 12 February 2010. Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Singapore FHM ends its run". Channel NewsAsia. 31 August 2015. Archived from the original on 21 October 2015.