British Virgin Islands at the 2012 Summer Olympics
The British Virgin Islands competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, which took place between 27 July to 12 August 2012. The country's participation in London marked its eighth appearance at the Summer Olympics since its debut in the 1984 Summer Olympics.
|British Virgin Islands at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||British Virgin Islands Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||2 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Tahesia Harrigan|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The British Virgin Islands delegation included two track and field athletes, 100 meter sprinters J'maal Alexander and Tahesia Harrigan. Harrigan reprised her role to be the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony.
Alexander failed to progress through the heats whilst Harrigan was eliminated in her event's quarter-finals. This meant that British Virgin Islands won no medals at this Summer Olympics.
Athletes from the British Virgin Islands have achieved qualifying standards in the following athletics events (up to a maximum of 3 athletes in each event at the 'A' Standard, and 1 at the 'B' Standard):
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|J'maal Alexander||100 m||10.92||4||Did not advance|
|Tahesia Harrigan||100 m||Bye||11.59||7||Did not advance|
- Staff (21 July 2012). "British Virgin Islands Team ready for London ". BVI News. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "British Virgin Islands". Sports Reference. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS (PDF), IAAF, archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2012, retrieved 4 June 2011