Billionaire Boys Club (clothing retailer)
Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream is an American and Japanese clothing retailer featuring two lines of clothing established by Pharrell Williams and Nigo, founder of clothing label BAPE. The lines consist of T-shirts, polos, sweatshirts, knits, denim, suits and shirts; outerwear in leather, down, cotton, and technical fabrics; hats, sneakers, underwear, socks and accessories. The items are produced in very limited quantities and are usually sold for high prices.
New York City
|Pharrell, Nigo, Robert Walker, Lais Furtado|
|Products||Apparel, accessories and footwear|
In 2005, Pharrell Williams, one half of The Neptunes partnered with Japan's fashion icon Nigo, the founder of A Bathing Ape (BAPE). The two collaborated to create and launch two new premium streetwear brands: Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream. The brand suffered many setbacks after its original conception due to disputes between Williams and Reebok. Reebok was originally set to release the clothing line alongside the Ice Cream sneaker line. Although the sneakers made it, the clothing line was postponed and all projects came to an end in late 2004/early 2005. It was at the very end of 2005 when the brand was finally launched as a partner company to A Bathing Ape.
In August 2011 news surfaced that rapper Jay-Z, a frequent collaborator of Pharrell and known to wear BBC himself, would be partnering with the Billionaire Boys Club line. Later it was revealed that the rapper, through a joint-venture with Iconix, had invested in the brand. The following year BBC did record high $25 million to $30 million in volume, up from $12 million. Pharrell reacquired Iconix's stake in the business in 2017.
BBC has launched a brand called Billionaire Girls Club or BGC, as well as a high-end brand called Bee Line.
Pharrell and Nigo did a special tribute to Tokyo, with a Tokyo capsule line. The letters "BBC" were replaced by "TYO" and a special astronaut image.
Billionaire Boys Club has a US flagship store in SoHo, New York City, a European flagship store in Soho, London, and a store in Tokyo, Japan. Several stores that retail Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream clothing exist across North America, the United Kingdom and Europe, as well as Asia and the Middle East.
- "Super producer Pharrell Williams can't get enough of his dire Gaddafi-style hat | JOE.ie". JOE.ie. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- History http://bbcicecream.com, 2007. Retrieved January 2, 2008
- "Exclusive: Jay-Z Buys Billionaire Boys Club". GQ. Retrieved December 25, 2011.
- "Billionaire Boys Club Might Make Billions of More Dollars After Expansion". Complex. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Pharrell Williams Buys Iconix’s Stake in Billionaire Boys Club, Ice Cream
- "Billionaire Girls Club". Billionaire Boys Club EU. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Pharrell Releases Billionaire Boys Club Tokyo Capsule Collection – XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved 2017-04-25.