Beto da Silva
Luiz Humberto da Silva Silva (born 28 December 1996), known as Beto da Silva, is a Peruvian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Argentine club Argentinos Juniors, on loan from Brazilian club Grêmio, and the Peru national team.
|Full name||Luiz Humberto da Silva Silva|
|Date of birth||28 December 1996|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Argentinos Juniors (on loan from Grêmio)|
|2011||Universidad San Martín|
|2018–||→ Argentinos Juniors (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:58, 21 January 2017 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:40, 21 January 2017 (UTC)
Da Silva was born in Lima, Peru, to a Brazilian father and a Peruvian mother. At the age of six, his family moved to Porto Alegre, Brazil, where he began playing for Internacional and later moving to Grêmio. In 2010, he moved back to Peru, where he had brief spells at Universitario and Universidad San Martín before joining Sporting Cristal youth team in 2011.
Da Silva made his professional debut for Sporting Cristal on 19 June 2013, aged 16, in a derby match against Alianza Lima for the Torneo Descentralizado. On 30 August 2014, he scored his first professional goal, against Los Caimanes. He ended up the 2014 season with 2 goals in 14 matches, as Sporting Cristal finished as league champions. In the following year, he managed to score more 6 goals in 21 matches.
Da Silva made his debut for Jong PSV on 18 January, replacing Ramon Lundqvist at the 76th minute in a 2-0 victory against MVV Maastricht in Eerste Divisie. On February 1, he scored his first goal, the late in a 3-1 win over RKC Waalwijk. In July, he appeared in a pre-season friendly against FC Porto.
Loan to Argentinos JuniorsEdit
Eligible to play for both Peru and Brazil through his descent, Da Silva represented Peru since the under-15 level. He was part of the Peru under-20 squad selected to play in the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship.
Da Silva made his senior debut on 23 May 2016, in a friendly match against Trinidad & Tobago, scoring the second goal in a 4-0 victory. Later, he was named in the 23-men squad to represent Peru in Copa América Centenario.
- Score and Result list Peru's goal tally first
|1.||23 May 2016||Estadio Nacional de Lima, Lima, Peru||Trinidad and Tobago||Friendly|
- "Luiz Da Silva, Delantero". clubsportingcristal.pe. Retrieved 15 Oct 2014.
- "PSV sign Peruvian Luiz Beto da Silva". PSV English. 3 January 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Van Ginkel starts for PSV against Excelsior". PSV English. 14 January 2017. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Grêmio contrata o atacante Beto da Silva" [Grêmio sign the forward Beto da Silva]. Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto Alegrense. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Argentinos Juniors anuncia a contratação de Beto da Silva" [Argentinos Juniors announces the signing of Beto da Silva]. GaúchaZH. 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Sudamericano Sub 20: Ellos son los elegidos para el torneo". Peru. January 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "da Silva, Luiz". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 15 January 2017.