Australia at the 1968 Summer Olympics
Australia competed at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico. Australian athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games. 128 competitors, 104 men and 24 women, took part in 105 events in 16 sports.
|Australia at the|
1968 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Australian Olympic Committee|
|in Mexico City|
|Competitors||128 (104 men, 24 women) in 16 sports|
|Flag bearer||Bill Roycroft (opening)|
Eric Pearce (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
- Ralph Doubell – Athletics, Men's 800m
- Maureen Caird – Athletics, Women's 80m Hurdles
- Lyn McClements – Swimming, Women's 100m Butterfly
- Michael Wenden – Swimming, Men's 100m Freestyle
- Michael Wenden – Swimming, Men's 200m Freestyle
- Peter Norman – Athletics, Men's 200m,
- Raelene Boyle – Athletics, Women's 200m
- Pamela Kilborn-Ryan-Nelson – Athletics, Women's 80m Hurdles
- Arthur Busch, Paul Dearing, James Mason, Brian Glencross, Gordon Pearce, Julian Pearce, Robert Haigh, Donald Martin, Raymond Evans, Ronald Riley, Patrick Nilan, Donald Smart, Fred Quine, Eric Pearce and Desmond Piper – Field Hockey, Men's Team Competition
- Alf Duval, Michael Morgan, Joseph Fazio, Peter Dickson, David Douglas, John Ranch, Gary Malcolm Pearce, Robert Alan Shirlaw, and Alan Geoffrey Grover – Rowing, Men's Eight with Coxswain (8+)
- Lynne Watson, Judy Playfair, Lyn McClements, and Janet Steinbeck – Swimming, Women's 4 × 100 m Medley Relay
- Greg Rogers, Graham White, Bob Windle, and Michael Wenden – Swimming, Men's 4 × 200 m Freestyle Relay
- Jennifer Lamy-Frank – Athletics, Women's 200m
- Brian Cobcroft & Depeche, Wayne Roycroft & Zhivago, and Bill Roycroft & Warrathoola – Equestrian, Eventing Team Competition
- Greg Brough – Swimming, Men's 1500m Freestyle
- Karen Lynne Moras – Swimming, Women's 400m Freestyle
- Greg Rogers, Robert Cusack, Bob Windle, and Michael Wenden – Swimming, Men's 4 × 100 m Freestyle Relay
Men's 3.000m Steeplechase
- Kerry O'Brien
- Qualifying Heat — 9:01.49
- Final — 8:52.08 (→ 4th place)
Men's High Jump
- Lawrie Peckham
- Qualifying Round — 2.14m
- Final — 2.12m (→ 8th place)
Nine cyclists represented Australia in 1968.
Five fencers, all men, represented Australia in 1968.
Three male pentathletes represented Australia in 1968.
Men's Individual Competition:
- Peter Macken – 4284 points (31st place)
- Duncan Page – 3904 points (39th place)
- Donald McMikin – 3759 points (42nd place)
Men's Team Competition:
- Macken, Page, and McMikin – 11959 points (12th place)
Three shooters, all men, represented Australia in 1968.
- "Australia at the 1968 Mexico City Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.