Asif Ali (actor)
Asif Ali is an Indian actor and producer, who predominantly works in the Mollywood film industry. He started his film career with Shyamaprasad's 2009 film Ritu, which was highly appreciated by the critics.
|Born||4 February 1986 (age 35) |
|Alma mater||Marian College, Kuttikkanam, Idukki, Kerala|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Spouse(s)||Zama Mazreen |
Haya Mazreen Ali
During the subsequent years Asif went on to act in critically and commercially successful films including the romantic thriller Apoorvaragam, the road thriller film Traffic, the romantic comedy film Salt N' Pepper and the period drama movie Ozhimuri, which got an official selection in the Indian Panorama section of the 43rd International Film Festival of India. His 2013 film Honey Bee was one of the major hits in that year and his 2015 film Nirnayakam won the National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues. He followed the success by starring in the 2016 romantic movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, the 2017 movie Sunday Holiday, the campus thriller Btech (2018) and Vijay Superum Pournamiyum (2019), which produced a hat-trick of hits for him with Jis Joy. He starred in and made his debut as a producer in the 2015 film Kohinoor under his production company Adam's World of Imagination, which went on to be a success. Later he produced the 2016 film Kavi Uddeshichath and distributed various films including Vimaanam and Iblis.
Early life and backgroundEdit
Asif Ali was born in Karikode, Thodupuzha, Idukki, India at 4 February 1986 to a Muslim family. He obtained graduation degree from the Marian College, Kuttikkanam in Business Administration. While studying Ali modelled for ads and worked as a video jockey.
He was selected by Shyamaprasad to play one of the lead roles in his film Ritu and received positive reviews from critics and audiences. He was then approached by Sathyan Anthikkad to play an important role in his film Kadha Thudarunnu. His third film was Apoorvaragam, directed by Sibi Malayil.
Since then, he had acted in the films Best of Luck and Traffic. His next film was Ithu Nammude Katha written and directed by Rajesh Kannankara. In 2011 Ali signed to appear in Aashiq Abu's second movie Salt N' Pepper in which he played the role of Manu Raghav, a carefree youngster character who often puts himself into awkward situations trying to be over friendly.
He played cameo roles in Doctor Love, Indian Rupee, Mallu Singh and Ustad Hotel. In 2013 he appeared In Jean Paul Lal's directorial debut, Honey Bee where he played the role of Sebastian which he followed with debutant Jis Joy's Bicycle Thieves. Ali sang four lines of the song "Aayiram Kannumaai", which was originally featured in Fazil's Nokkethadhoorathu Kannum Nattu.His next releases were Pakida, Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal and Hi I'm Tony. He played the role of Shabab in Sapthamashree Thaskaraha and had a cameo role in Vellimoonga.
In 2015 he appeared In Nirnayakam, Kohinoor and Rajamma @ Yahoo. His movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam went on to become one of the Superhit of 2016. He reunited with Jean Paul Lal for Honey Bee 2. Sequel of 2013 Box office success Honey Bee. Then he appeared in Mahesh Naryanan's Take Off. The film was shot in various parts of Dubai and released to widespread critical acclaim. In 2018, his major releases were B Tech, Iblis and Mandharam. B Tech became a financial success, running for 100 days in Kerala.
He started the year 2019 with Vijay Superum Pournamiyum, which became a successful venture at box office. He played a critical role in the movie Uyare, which had Parvathy and Tovino Thomas playing other characters. He played another critical role in the film Virus, based on a true story that occurred in Calicut. He later acted in Nissam Basheer's directorial debut Kettyolaanu Ente Malakha, which was a box office success and gained critical acclaim. Director Lal Jose appraised it to be his career's best.
As an actorEdit
|2009||Ritu||Sunny Immatty||Debut movie|||
|2010||Kadha Thudarunnu||Shanavas Ahammad|||
|Best of Luck||Manu|
|Ithu Nammude Katha||Vinod/Appu|||
|Salt N' Pepper||Manu Raghav|
|Doctor Love||Narrator||Cameo appearance|
|Indian Rupee||Land Broker||Cameo appearance|
|Mallu Singh||Harinder Singh||Cameo appearance|
|Ustad Hotel||Himself||Cameo appearance|
|Husbands in Goa||Arjun|
|Jawan of Vellimala||Koshi Oommen|
|Scene Onnu Nammude Veedu||Himself||Cameo appearance|
|I Love Me||Prem|
|D Company||Chinnan||Segment: "Oru Bolivian Diary 1995"|||
|Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal||Alex|||
|Hi I'm Tony||Sameer|||
|Mylanchi Monchulla Veedu||Anwar|||
|2015||You Too Brutus||Abhi|||
|Double Barrel||He||Cameo appearance|||
|Amar Akbar Antony||Faizal||Cameo appearance|||
|Rajamma at Yahoo||Vishnu Yohannan/Yahoo|||
|2016||Ithu Thaanda Police||Ramakrishnan|||
|Anuraga Karikkin Vellam||Abhilash|||
|Kavi Uddheshichath||Kavalam Jimmy|||
|2017||Honey Bee 2||Sebastian|||
|Take Off||Faizal||Cameo appearance|||
|Adventures of Omanakkuttan||Omanakuttan|||
|Avarude Raavukal||Aashik Abu/ Aashik Pattavayal||50th film|||
|Thrissivaperoor Kliptham||Girija Vallabhan|||
|Honey Bee 2.5||Himself||Cameo appearance|||
|2018||B Tech||Anand Subrahmaniam|||
|2019||Vijay Superum Pournamiyum||Vijay|||
|Mera Naam Shaji||Shaji George|||
|Unda||S.I. Rajan||Cameo Appearance|
|Kakshi: Amminippilla||Adv. Pradeepan Manjodi|||
|Under World||Stalin John|||
|Kettyolaanu Ente Malakha||Sleevachan|
|2021||Mohan Kumar Fans||Himself||Cameo appearance|
|Aanum Pennum||Anthology Movie|
|Kuttavum Shikshayum||C.I. Sajan Philip||Post production|||
|Untitled Rohith VS Movie||Announced|
|A Ranjith Cinema||Ranjith||Pre production|
|Maheshum Maruthiyum||Mahesh||Pre Production|
|2016||Kavi Uddheshichathu..?||Liju Thomas|
|2017||Honey Bee 2||Jean Paul Lal||Distribution only|
|2017||Vimaanam||Pradeem M.Nair||Distribution only|
|2018||Iblis||Rohith Vs||Distribution only|
As playback singerEdit
Vijay Superum Pournamiyum (2019)
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2010||Asianet Film Awards||Best Villain||Apoorvaragam||Won|||
|2011||Best Star Pair||Salt N' Pepper|||
|2016||Best Star Pair||Anuraga Karikkin Vellam|
|2019||Performer of the year||various roles|
|2015||Film Critics Awards||Special Jury for Best Actor||Nirnayakam|
|2017||Vanitha Film Awards||Best pair||Anuraga Karikkin Vellam|
|2020||Popular actor||Various films|
|2017||Asianet Comedy Awards||Entertainer of the Year||Sunday Holiday|
|2018||Toronto international South Asian film awards||Special jury award||Kaattu|
|2018||Red FM Malayalam music awards||Golden Star||Various films|
|2019||Performer Of The Year||Various Films|
|2019||Mazhavil Entertainment Awards||Best Star Pair||Vijay Superum Pournamiyum|
|2020||Ramu Karyat award||Best Villain||Uyare|
- "Asiali enjoys birthday in retro costume party". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Menon, Meenakshy (30 May 2018). "The Asif Ali interview: 'I want to do less but quality films'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "Asif Ali, an actor who matured with time". The Times of India. 15 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "A Panorama of choice". Khaleej Times. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- Dinas. (15 July 2011)."Salt N'Pepper opens good.". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Mixed bag of fortunes for Mollywood in Onam season". The Hindu. 21 September 2014.
- "Asif Ali turns producer". Deccan Chronicle. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Shyamaprasad's Rithu for the youth – Oneindia Entertainment. Entertainment.oneindia.in (30 June 2009). Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "Katha Thudarunnu Malayalam Movie". Nowrunning.com
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Synopsis". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Review". Rediff. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Vijay George. (30 June 2011). "Bright expectations". The Hindu.
- "Asif, Bhavana in Honeybee". Sify. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Bicycle Thieves Cast and Crew". Nowrunning. 29 November 2013.
- "Sapthamahsree thaskaraha movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "From stoner to heist". Deccan Chronicle. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam review. Anuraga Karikkin Vellam Malayalam movie review, story, rating – IndiaGlitz Malayalam". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Bhavana and Asif Ali duo will have two releases in March". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Suresh, Meera (21 February 2017). "Take Off is a thriller, but with emotions". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "'Uyare' movie review: Parvathy joins the inspiring 'Sheroes'". OnManorama. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Ritu". IMDb. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Katha Thudarum: The new Sathyan movie". IndiaGlitz.
- "Vineeth and Sreenivasan in 'Traffic'". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Review". Rediff. Retrieved 10 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Review: Asuravithu is a bad sequel". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "D Company: Latest News, Videos and D Company Photos". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Pakida Malayalam Movie Preview, Synopsis – Malayalam movie Pakida Preview, Synopsis". nowrunning.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "`Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal` gets U certificate". Sify. Archived from the original on 1 May 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Miya replaces Nazriya in Hi I'm Tony". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Suresh Gopi, Jayasurya, Asif Ali in Apothecary – Oneindia Entertainment". entertainment.oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 29 August 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Vellimoonga review". Veeyen. Nowrunning.com. 28 September 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "'Mylanchi Monchulla Veedu' Review Round Up: Good Family Entertainer Starring Jayaram". IB Times. 29 November 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Roopesh Peethambaran announces `You Too Brutus`!". Sify.com. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Nirnayakam Movie Reviews, Nirnayakam Review, Nirnayakam Movie Review, Nirnayakam Critics Review". FilmiBeat. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Asha Prakash. "Double Barrel Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Litty Simon (25 September 2015). "'Kohinoor': Stirring up a toofan". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Anu James (16 October 2015). "'Amar Akbar Anthony' movie review by audience: Live updates". International Business Times. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Anu James (21 November 2015). "Rajamma at Yahoo review: Predictable, simple, average entertainer". International Business Times. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "I look cute and innocent, they say, and then give me scary characters". The Times of India. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam (2016) Movie Rating & Reviews, Box Office, Star Cast, Story, News, Songs". FilmiLive. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Kavi Uddheshichathu..? (2016) Malayalam Movie – NOWRUNNING". nowrunning.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Asif Ali signs back-to-back projects with debutants". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "'Take off' first look: Parvathy, Kunchacko and Fahadh all eyes to tell a tale". manoramaonline.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Adventures Of Omanakuttan Cast & Crew, Adventures Of Omanakuttan Malayalam Movie Cast, Actors, Actress – FilmiBeat". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/malayalam/Aju-Varghese-roped-in-for-Avarude-Raavukal/articleshow/51079009.cms "Aju Varghese roped in for Avarude Raavukal"
- "Asif Ali shoots in his lucky location for Sunday Holiday". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Thrissivaperoor Kliptham (Thrissivaperoor Kliptham) Malayalam Movie,Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Movie Review, Wiki, Story, Release Date – FilmiBeat". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Padmarajan's son scripts Asif-Arun Kumar Aravind film". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Virus first look: Is Aashiq Abu's next based on Nipah outbreak?". The Indian Express. 4 September 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Asif Ali to play the role of a lawyer in Kakshi: Amminipilla". indiatimes. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Ujala-Asianet Film Award winners". The Hindu. 2 January 2011. Archived from the original on 9 March 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/news/2013/asianet-film-awards-2013-winners-list-102810.html List of 2012 Asianet Film Awards from Entertainment OneIndia
- quintdaily (11 August 2017). "Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Movie Review and Rating (3.5/5) – QuintDaily".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asif Ali (actor).|