Asif Ali (actor)
Asif Ali is an Indian film actor and producer, who predominantly works in Malayalam cinema. He Started his film career at the age of 23 in Shyamaprasad's 2009 film Ritu, which was highly appreciated by the crtics.
Asif Ali in Kakshi: Amminippilla
|Born||4 February 1986 (age 33) |
|Occupation||Film actor, Producer|
|Spouse(s)||Zama Mazreen |
|Parent(s)||Shoukath Ali |
|Relatives||Askar Ali (Brother)|
During the Subsequent years Asif went on to act in critically and commercially successful films including the romantic thriller Apoorvaragam, Road thriller film Traffic, Romantic Comedy film Salt N' Pepper and Period drama movie Ozhimuri which got an official selection in the Indian Panorama section of the 43rd International Film Festival of India. His 2013 film Honey Bee was one of the major Hit in that year and 2015 film Nirnayakam won National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues. He followed the success by starring in 2016 Romantic movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam, 2017 movie Sunday Holiday, Campus thriller Btech (2018) and Vijay Superum Pournamiyum (2019). He starred in and made his debut as a producer in the 2015 film Kohinoor under his production company Adam's World of Imagination. Later He produced 2016 film Kavi Uddeshichath and distributed various films including Vimaanam and Iblis.
Life and worksEdit
Asif Ali was born in Thodupuzha, Idukki, India, to a Muslim family. He obtained graduation degree from the Marian College, Kuttikkanam in Business Administration. While studying Ali modelled for ads and worked as a video jockey. He was selected by Shyamaprasad to play one of the lead roles in his film Ritu and received positive reviews from critics and audiences. He was then approached by Sathyan Anthikkad to play an important role in his film Kadha Thudarunnu. His third film was Apoorvaragam, directed by Sibi Malayil.
Since then, he had acted in the films Best of Luck and Traffic. His next film was Ithu Nammude Katha written and directed by Rajesh Kannankara. In 2011 Ali signed to appear in Aashiq Abu's second movie Salt N' Pepper in which he played the role of Manu Raghav, a carefree youngster character who often puts himself into awkward situations trying to be over friendly.
He played cameo roles in Doctor Love, Indian Rupee, Mallu Singh and Ustad Hotel. In 2013 He appeared In Jean Paul Lal's directorial debut, Honey Bee where he played the role of Sebastian which he followed with debutant Jis Joy's Bicycle Thieves. Ali sang four lines of the song "Aayiram Kannumaai", which was originally featured in Fazil's Nokkethadhoorathu Kannum Nattu.His next releases were Pakida, Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal and Hi I'm Tony. He played the role of Shabab in Sapthamashree Thaskaraha and had a cameo role in Vellimoonga.
In 2015 He appeared In Nirnayakam, Kohinoor and Rajamma @ Yahoo. His movie Anuraga Karikkin Vellam went on to become one of the Superhit of 2016. He reunited with Jean Paul Lal for Honey Bee 2. Sequel of 2013 Box office success Honey Bee. Then He appeared in Mahesh Naryanan's Take Off. The film was shot in various parts of Dubai and released to widespread critical acclaim. In 2018, his major releases were B Tech, Iblis and Mandharam. B Tech became a financial success, running for 100 days in Kerala.
He Started the year 2019 with Vijay Superum Pournamiyum, which became a Successful venture at box office. He played a critical role in the movie uyare which had Parvathy and Tovino Thomas playing other characters. He played another critical role in the film Virus which is based on a true story occurred in calicut.
|2009||1||Ritu||Sunny Immatty||Shyamaprasad||Debut movie|||
|2010||2||Kadha Thudarunnu||Shanavas Ahammad||Sathyan Anthikkad|||
|4||Best of Luck||Manu||M.A.Nishad|
|6||Ithu Nammude Katha||Vinod/Appu||Rajesh Kannamkara|||
|8||Salt N' Pepper||Manu Raghav||Aashiq Abu|
|11||Indian Rupee||Land Broker||Ranjith||Cameo|
|2012||12||Asuravithu||Don Bosco||A. K. Sajan|||
|15||Mallu Singh||Harinder Singh||Vysakh||Cameo|
|16||Bachelor Party||Tony||Amal Neerad|
|17||Ustad Hotel||Himself||Anwar Rasheed||Cameo|
|19||Husbands in Goa||Arjun||Saji Surendran|
|20||Jawan of Vellimala||Koshi Oommen||Anoop Kannan|
|23||Scene Onnu Nammude Veedu||Himself||Shyju Anthikadu||Cameo|
|24||I Love Me||Prem||B. Unnikrishnan|
|26||Kili Poyi||Chacko||Vinay Govind|
|27||Red wine||Ramesh||Salam Bappu|
|28||Honey Bee||Sebastian/Seban||Jean Paul Lal|
|29||D Company||Chinnan||M. Padmakumar||Segment: "Oru Bolivian Diary 1995"|||
|30||Bicycle Thieves||Kunchakko/Chacko||Jis Joy|
|32||Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal||Alex||Ajith Pillai|||
|33||Hi I'm Tony||Sameer||Jean Paul Lal|||
|35||Sapthamashree Thaskaraha||Shabab||Anil Radhakrishnan Menon|||
|36||Vellimoonga||Josootty/Charlie||Jibu Jacob||Extended cameo|||
|37||Mylanchi Monchulla Veedu||Anwar||Benny K. Joseph|||
|2015||38||You Too Brutus||Abhi||Roopesh Peethambaran|||
|39||Nirnayakam||Ajay Siddharth||V. K. Prakash|||
|40||Double Barrel||He||Lijo Jose Pellissery||Extended cameo|||
|42||Amar Akbar Antony||Faizal||Nadirshah||Cameo|||
|43||Rajamma at Yahoo||Vishnu Yohannan/Yahoo||Raghurama Varma|||
|2016||44||Ithu Thaanda Police||Ramakrishnan||Manoj Palodan|||
|45||Anuraga Karikkin Vellam||Abhilash||Khalid Rahman|||
|46||Kavi Uddheshichath||Kavalam Jimmy||Liju Thomas|||
|2017||47||Honey Bee 2||Sebastian||Jean Paul Lal|||
|48||Take Off||Faizal||Mahesh Narayan||Extended Cameo|||
|49||Adventures of Omanakkuttan||Omanakuttan||Rohith V S|||
|50||Avarude Raavukal||Aashik||Shanil Mohammed||50th film|||
|51||Sunday Holiday||Amal||Jis Joy|||
|52||Thrissivaperoor Kliptham||Girija Vallabhan||Ratheish Kumar|||
|53||Honey Bee 2.5||Himself||Shyju Anthikkad||Cameo|||
|54||Kaattu||Nuhukkannu||Arun Kumar Aravind|||
|2018||55||B Tech||Anand Subrahmaniam||Mridul Nair|||
|56||Iblis||Vaishakan||Rohith V S|
|2019||58||Vijay Superum Pournamiyum||Vijay||Jis Joy|||
|59||Mera Naam Shaji||Shaji George||Nadirshah|||
|60||Uyare||Govind Balakrishnan||Manu Ashokan|||
|62||Unda||S.I. Rajan||Khalid Rahman||Cameo Appearance|
|63||Kakshi: Amminippilla||Adv. Pradeepan Manjodi||Dinjith Ayyathan|||
|64||Under World||Stalin John||Arun Kumar Aravind||Completed|
|65||Kettyolaanu Ente Malakha||Nizam Basheer||Post Production|
|67||Untitled Rajeev Ravi film||Rajeev Ravi||Announced |
|68||Parannu Parannu||Sugeeth||Pre production|
List of Produced FilmsEdit
|2016||Kavi Uddheshichathu..?||Liju Thomas|
|2017||Honey Bee 2||Jean Paul Lal||Distribution only|
|2017||Goodalochana||Thomas Sebastian||Distribution only|
|2017||Vimaanam||Pradeem M.Nair||Distribution only|
|2018||Iblis||Rohith Vs||Distribution only|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2010||Asianet Film Awards||Best Villain||Apoorvaragam||Won|||
|2011||Best Star Pair||Salt N' Pepper|||
|2016||Best Star Pair||Anuraga Karikkin Vellam|
|2016||Film Critics Awards||Special Jury for Best Actor||Nirnayakam|
|2017||Cera Vanitha Film Awards||Best pair||Anuraga Karikkin Vellam|
|2017||Asianet Comedy Awards||Entertainer of the Year||Sunday Holiday|
|2018||Toronto international South Asian film awards||Special jury award||Kaattu|
|2018||Red FM Malayalam music awards||Golden star||Various films|
|2019||Mazhavil Entertainment Awards||Best Star Pair||Vijay Superum Pournamiyum|
- "Asiali enjoys birthday in retro costume party". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Menon, Meenakshy (30 May 2018). "The Asif Ali interview: 'I want to do less but quality films'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "Asif Ali, an actor who matured with time". The Times of India. 15 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "A Panorama of choice". Khaleej Times. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- Dinas. (15 July 2011)."Salt N'Pepper opens good.". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Mixed bag of fortunes for Mollywood in Onam season". The Hindu. 21 September 2014.
- "Asif Ali turns producer". Deccan Chronicle. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Shyamaprasad's Rithu for the youth – Oneindia Entertainment. Entertainment.oneindia.in (30 June 2009). Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "Katha Thudarunnu Malayalam Movie". Nowrunning.com
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Synopsis". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Review". Rediff. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- Vijay George. (30 June 2011). "Bright expectations". The Hindu.
- "Asif, Bhavana in Honeybee". Sify. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Bicycle Thieves Cast and Crew". Nowrunning. 29 November 2013.
- "Sapthamahsree thaskaraha movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "From stoner to heist". Deccan Chronicle. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam review. Anuraga Karikkin Vellam Malayalam movie review, story, rating – IndiaGlitz Malayalam". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Bhavana and Asif Ali duo will have two releases in March". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- Suresh, Meera (21 February 2017). "Take Off is a thriller, but with emotions". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "'Uyare' movie review: Parvathy joins the inspiring 'Sheroes'". OnManorama. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Ritu". IMDb. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Katha Thudarum: The new Sathyan movie". IndiaGlitz.
- "Vineeth and Sreenivasan in 'Traffic'". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Ithu Nammude Katha Review". Rediff. Retrieved 10 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Review: Asuravithu is a bad sequel". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "D Company: Latest News, Videos and D Company Photos". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Pakida Malayalam Movie Preview, Synopsis – Malayalam movie Pakida Preview, Synopsis". nowrunning.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "`Mosayile Kuthira Meenukal` gets U certificate". Sify. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Miya replaces Nazriya in Hi I'm Tony". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Suresh Gopi, Jayasurya, Asif Ali in Apothecary – Oneindia Entertainment". entertainment.oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 29 August 2014. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- "Vellimoonga review". Veeyen. Nowrunning.com. 28 September 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "'Mylanchi Monchulla Veedu' Review Round Up: Good Family Entertainer Starring Jayaram". IB Times. 29 November 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Roopesh Peethambaran announces `You Too Brutus`!". Sify.com. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Nirnayakam Movie Reviews, Nirnayakam Review, Nirnayakam Movie Review, Nirnayakam Critics Review". FilmiBeat. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Asha Prakash. "Double Barrel Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Litty Simon (25 September 2015). "'Kohinoor': Stirring up a toofan". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Anu James (16 October 2015). "'Amar Akbar Anthony' movie review by audience: Live updates". International Business Times. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Anu James (21 November 2015). "Rajamma at Yahoo review: Predictable, simple, average entertainer". International Business Times. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "I look cute and innocent, they say, and then give me scary characters". The Times of India. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Anuraga Karikkin Vellam (2016) Movie Rating & Reviews, Box Office, Star Cast, Story, News, Songs". FilmiLive. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Kavi Uddheshichathu..? (2016) Malayalam Movie – NOWRUNNING". nowrunning.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Asif Ali signs back-to-back projects with debutants". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "'Take off' first look: Parvathy, Kunchacko and Fahadh all eyes to tell a tale". manoramaonline.com. Retrieved 3 October 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Adventures Of Omanakuttan Cast & Crew, Adventures Of Omanakuttan Malayalam Movie Cast, Actors, Actress – FilmiBeat". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/malayalam/Aju-Varghese-roped-in-for-Avarude-Raavukal/articleshow/51079009.cms "Aju Varghese roped in for Avarude Raavukal"
- "Asif Ali shoots in his lucky location for Sunday Holiday". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Thrissivaperoor Kliptham (Thrissivaperoor Kliptham) Malayalam Movie,Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Movie Review, Wiki, Story, Release Date – FilmiBeat". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Padmarajan's son scripts Asif-Arun Kumar Aravind film". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Virus first look: Is Aashiq Abu's next based on Nipah outbreak?". The Indian Express. 4 September 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Asif Ali to play the role of a lawyer in Kakshi: Amminipilla". indiatimes. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Ujala-Asianet Film Award winners". The Hindu. 2 January 2011. Archived from the original on 9 March 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/news/2013/asianet-film-awards-2013-winners-list-102810.html List of 2012 Asianet Film Awards from Entertainment OneIndia
- quintdaily (11 August 2017). "Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Movie Review and Rating (3.5/5) – QuintDaily".