O.P.160/18 Kakshi: Amminippilla, or simply Kakshi: Amminippilla is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language satirical drama comedy film directed by debutant Dinjith Ayyathan, written by Sanilesh Shivan and produced by Riju Rajan under the banner of Zarah Films. Asif Ali plays the lead role as a lawyer for the first time in his career. Ashwathy Manoharan, Ahmed Sidhique and Basil Joseph plays other important roles. Arun Muraleedharan and debutant Samuel Aby composed the songs, while Jakes Bejoy composed the background score. Bahul Ramesh and Sooraj E. S. are the cinematographer and editor respectively. The film is distributed in India by E4 Entertainment and worldwide by Indywood Distribution Network & NR Films.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Dinjith Ayyathan|
|Produced by||Riju Rajan|
|Written by||Sanilesh Shivan|
|Edited by||Sooraj E S|
It is a family drama happening in a Kerala family court at Thalassery. Amminipilla is forced to marry Kanthi whom he does not find interesting. His family and extended family determines his life. The women is a naive fun loving person, she does not understand everything well, but she knows she loves Amminippilla with her full heart. However for Ammini it is not enough and files divorce through Adv. Pradeepan, an inexperienced, ambitious advocate who plans to enter in politics for a better future. The plot unveils the journey of late bloomer Ammini, Kanthi's fortitude, and Pradeepan's attempts to be recognized for being considered as a candidate by the party election.
In the climax, the court grants divorce to the couple but they decide to marry again. Pradeepan contests in elections.
- Asif Ali as Adv. Pradeepan Manjodi
- Ahmed Sidhique as Shajith Kumar 'Amminippilla'
- Fara Shibla as Kanthi Sivadasan
- Ashwathy Manoharan as Nimisha
- Mamukkoya as Shanmughan
- Basil Joseph as Adv. Pilakul Shamsu
- Vijayaraghavan as Adv. R. P.
- Sudheesh as Prakashan Manjodi
- Sarasa Balussery as Pradeepan's and Prakashan's mother
- Sarayu Mohan as Psychologist
- Rajesh Sharma as Senior Party Member
- Nirmal Palazhi as Mukesh Kumar / Mukeshan
- Srikant Murali as Judge Mathan
- Sudheer Paravoor as Aachi
- Lukman as Suran
- Babu Swamy as James Vakkeel
- P. Sivadas Kannur
- Shiny Rajan
- Babu Annur
- Unni Raja
On 17 July 2018, The Times of India had first reported that Asif Ali would be teaming up with debutant director Dinjith Ayyathan for his next titled, Kakshi Amminippilla. It was also reported that the shoot for the film was set to begin from 20 August 2018 with a newcomer heroine alongside Asif. Sify said that the film deals with marriage and divorce issues, and Asif's character is a lawyer – politician who speaks in a Thalassery accent. In an interview with The New Indian Express writer Sanilesh Shivan said, "Asif plays a not-so-successful lawyer who, despite his passion and profession being diametrically opposite, has to stick to his profession owing to circumstances. He is involved in politics and has a family comprising a wife, mother, and brother. One day, a civil case falls into his lap and he sees in this a chance for redemption. The film traces the development of this case." In the movie, the role of Kanthi Sivadasan who plays Amminippilla's wife required the actress to be overweight. Newcomer Fara Shibla started preparing for the role in the film by putting on weight to portray the character. And as a result, she gained 20 kg and was finalized for the role.
Director Dinjith found Thalassery to be apt for his film's primary location as Asif’s character possess political ideology that comes with using the Thalassery dialect. Principal photography of the film eventually commenced on 14 September 2018 in Thalassery and was planned to carry out for 40 days. Cinematographer Bahul Ramesh, editor Sooraj E. S., music composers Bijibal, Arun Muraleedharan and make-up artist Rasheed Ahammed joined the crew initially. Jakes Bejoy was officially added to the crew to compose the film's original background score. One of the music composers Bijibal was replaced later by debutant Samuel Aby. Swathanthryam Ardharathriyil fame Aswathy Manoharan was confirmed as Asif's heroine for the film. Ahmed Sidhique, director Basil Joseph and Vijayaraghavan were also added to the cast. Other primary filming locations were Kannur and Palani, Tamil Nadu.
|Soundtrack album by |
Arun Muraleedharan, Samuel Aby, Snehachandran Ezhikkara
|Released||4 April 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Thalasserykkare Kandaal"||Manu Manjith||Samuel Aby||Musthafa, Judith Ann||2:44|
|2.||"Uyyaram Payyaram"||Manu Manjith||Samuel Aby||Zia Ul Haq||3:36|
|3.||"Chandam Thikanjoro"||Snehachandran Ezhikkara||Snehachandran Ezhikkara||Sudheer Paravoor||2:41|
|4.||"Aval"||Rafeeq Ahamed||Arun Muraleedharan||K. S. Harisankar||4:50|
Marketing and releaseEdit
Prithviraj Sukumaran released the first-look poster featuring Asif Ali through social medias on 18 January 2019. The official teaser was launched on the occasion of Asif's 33rd birthday (4 February 2019) through social media platforms. The Times of India wrote about the teaser that it "gives a glimpse into the whole plot of the film" and "shows the procedure of a court and how the professionals deal with it." Adding that it "will also generate laughter in audience." The first video song titled "Thalasserykkare Kandaal" was released on 4 April 2019 through Facebook by Mammootty. The second song "Uyyaram Payyaram" featuring Basil Joseph was released through social media platforms on 18 May 2019. The fast number sung by Zia Ul Haq, composed by Samuel Aby and penned by Manu Manjith gained praise from the audience. The third song, titled "Kallukudi Song" aka "Chandam Thikanjoro" was launched on 28 May 2019. The official trailer for the film was released online by Nivin Pauly on 3 June 2019.
- "Asif Ali to play the role of a lawyer in Kakshi: Amminipilla". indiatimes. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Asif Ali plays a lawyer in Kakshi Amminippilla". The New Indian Express. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "സനിലേഷ് ശിവന്റെ രചനയില് വക്കീലായി ആസിഫ് അലി; 'കക്ഷി; അമ്മിണിപ്പിള്ള ' വരുന്നു". SouthLive. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "വിജയ് സൂപ്പറും പൗർണമിയും, കക്ഷി: അമ്മിണിപ്പിള്ള: അണിയറയില് രണ്ട് ആസിഫ് അലി ചിത്രങ്ങള്". Indian Express. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "OP 160/18 Kakshi Amminippilla teaser garners good response in social medias". Onlookers Media. 6 February 2019. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Asif Ali's next is titled Kakshi Amminipilla". indiatimes. 17 July 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Asif Ali's next titled 'Kakshi Amminipilla'". Onlookers Media. 18 July 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Asif Ali's next is 'Kakshi Amminipilla'". The News Minute. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Asif Ali on his forthcoming films". Sify. 30 September 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "International Women's Day: പ്ലസ് സൈസ് നായിക മലയാളത്തിൽ, ഡോണ്ട് യു ലൈക്?". News 18. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "ആസിഫ് അലിയുടെ പുതിയ ചിത്രം ഒരുങ്ങുന്നു; കക്ഷി അമ്മിണി പിള്ളയുടെ ടൈറ്റിൽ പോസ്റ്റർ പുറത്തിറക്കി..!". Onlookers Media. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "First look of Asif Ali's O P 160/18 Kakshi: Amminippilla". The New Indian Express. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Asif Ali's look as a lawyer from Kakshi: Amminipillai revealed". indiatimes. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- "Malabar moments: Film crews cash in on location's appeal". The New Indian Express. 10 March 2019. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Kakshi Amminipilla goes on floors". The New Indian Express. 17 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "ആസിഫിന്റെ കക്ഷി: അമ്മിണിപിള്ള; ചിത്രീകരണം ആരംഭിച്ചു". Manorama Online. 15 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Here's the first look of Asif Ali from 'Kakshi Amminipilla'". Manorama Online. 22 January 2019. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Aswathy Manoharan is Asif Ali's heroine in Kakshi Ammanipillai". indiatimes. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Asif Ali's next Kakshi: Amminipilla starts rolling". indiatimes. 16 September 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "'Kakshi: Amminippilla Malayalam Movie Songs Lyrics'". LyricsMall. 10 March 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- "വക്കീലായി ആസിഫ് അലി; കക്ഷി അമ്മിണിപ്പിള്ള ഫസ്റ്റ്ലുക്ക്". Manorama Online. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- "ചിരിപ്പിക്കാൻ ആസിഫ് അലി; കക്ഷി: അമ്മിണിപിള്ള ടീസർ". Manorama Online. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "'O.P.160/18 Kakshi: Amminippilla' teaser will give you an idea about the genre". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "'കക്ഷി അമ്മിണി പിള്ള'യിലെ ആദ്യ ഗാനം പുറത്ത് വിട്ടു". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- ""Uyyaram Payyaram" song from 'Kakshi Amminippilla' goes viral on the internet!". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Kakshi Amminipilla 'kallukudi' song launched". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "'എനക്ക് നീതി വേണം എനക്ക് ഡൈവോര്സ് വേണം' : കക്ഷി അമ്മിണിപ്പിള്ള ട്രെയ്ലര്". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 3 June 2019.