Under World is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language action-gangster drama film directed by Arun Kumar Aravind, written by Shibin Francis and starring Asif Ali, Samyuktha Menon, Farhaan Faasil, Mukesh, and Jean Paul Lal in the lead roles. The film was released on 1 November 2019 and received mixed reviews from both the audience and critics.
|Directed by||Arun Kumar Aravind|
|Produced by||D14 Entertainments |
|Written by||Shibin Francis|
Jean Paul Lal
|Music by||Neha Nair|
Yakzan Gary Pereira
|Cinematography||Alex J. Pulickal|
|Edited by||Ceejay Achu|
|Distributed by||Friday Film House|
Stalin and Majeed are two young gangsters who want to earn quick money through any means possible. However, things take a turn when they cross paths with Padmanabhan and Solomon.
- Asif Ali as Stalin John
- Farhaan Faasil as Majeed
- Mukesh as Padhmanabhan Nair
- Samyuktha Menon as Aishwarya
- Jean Paul Lal as Solomon
- Nishanth Sagar as Mani
- Srikant Murali as Potti
- Meghanathan as Shahul Hameed
- Arun as Sadasivan
- Muthumani as Adv. M. Padmavathi
- Sreelakshmi as Stalin's mother
- Meghanathan as Mehboob
- Shivan V. Arun as Younger Farhaan
- Bipin Chandran as Rajan Mulankadu
- James Eliya as Mujeeb
- John Vijay as Mohammed Sanafar
- Alex J. Pulickal as Suhas
- Vijayan as S I Prathapan
- Kalabhavan Haneef as Barber
- Pauly Valsan as Nurse
The Times of India gave the film three out of five stars and wrote that "The Arun Kumar Aravind directorial, written by Shibin Francis, aptly fits into the genre of gang war movies and crime drama". On the contrary, The Hindu stated that "Riding high on its style quotient, accentuated by an effective background score, Underworld does not have the substance to make it a memorable take on the world of crime.
- "Asif Ali's Underworld to release in November". The New Indian Express.
- "Asif Ali-Arun Kumar Aravind's 'Underworld' arriving in August". The New Indian Express.
- "'Underworld': Asif Ali's next goes on floors - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Underworld movie review highlights: A first half about the underworld and one-upmanship - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Under World Movie Review: A film about the endless drive to make money and one-upmanship". The Times of India.
- Praveen, S. r (November 3, 2019). "'Underworld' movie review: A rather flat take on the world of crime". The Hindu.