Akshay Dogra (pronounced [aːkʃeː d̪oːɡra]; born 21 September 1981) is an Indian actor and producer working in the television industry. He has worked on many shows during his career, both on-screen and off-screen. After working backstage at many shows, Akshay finally made his television debut in 12/24 Karol Bagh on Zee TV. He is known for playing Akash Manohar Singh Raizada in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Satya Nayak in Do Dil Ek Jaan and Jagan Pawaniya in Waaris.
|Born||21 September 1981|
|Years active||2002– present|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Relatives||Ridhi Dogra (sister) |
Arun Jaitley (uncle)
Beginning of careerEdit
At age 21, Akshay decided to move to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue a career in the entertainment business. Starting in 2002, Akshay started working behind the scenes as Executive producer as well as a member of the Creative Unit of many shows. For a while after moving to Mumbai, Akshay worked as an assistant to Deepak Tijori. He eventually moved on to acting.
After transitioning from behind the camera to acting, Akshay landed a role in Zee TV's 12/24 Karol Bagh. He also acted in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2008) on Bindass, alongside Shweta Gulati. He played the role of Vishal from 2009 to 2010. His character was of a NRI boy who becomes engaged to Milli (Hunar Halli). Although he was not a lead and this show didn't make him a household name, it did earn him enough success to help him land his next role. He, after his role on 12/24 Karol Bagh ended, landed the role of Akash Singh Raizada in the very popular Hindi Daily Soap Opera Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? on STAR Plus. His character is the cousin of the male lead Arnav (Barun Sobti), who also falls in love and marries the sister, Payal (Deepali Pansare) of the female lead Khushi (Sanaya Irani). His role on this show has made him much more popular and has opened up many new pathways for him.
However, in October 2012, he quit the show due to lack of importance given to his character.
Akshay is married to Sakshi Dogra. They dated for six years before marrying. They have a son born on 29 February 2016 His sister Ridhi Dogra is a television actress who played the female lead Priya in another Star Plus show Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?. His brother-in-law Raqesh Vashisth was the male lead in Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? and recently played the male lead as Asad Ahmed Khan in Qubool Hai. He is the nephew of former senior Bhartiya Janata Party politician Arun Jaitley.
|2008||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Rohan|
|2009–2010||12/24 Karol Bagh||Vishal|
|2011–2012||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?||Akash Manohar Singh Raizada (2nd Parallel Male Lead)|
|2013||Punar Vivah||Akash Suraj Pratap Sindhia|
|2013||Mrs. Pammi Pyarelal||Sunny|
|2013||Do Dil Ek Jaan||Sahib, Satya|
|2014||Encounter (Indian TV series)||Ramya|
|2016–2017||Waaris (2016 TV series)||Jagan Pawania (Parallel Lead Antagonist)|
|2018||Dil Hi Toh Hai||Rishabh Noon (Protagonist-turned-antagonist)|
- "Riddhi Dogra's birthday after marriage". Indya.com. 22 September 2011. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Uniyal, Parmita (3 March 2016). "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? actor Akshay Dogra becomes father to a baby boy : Celebrity, News - India Today". India Today. Retrieved 10 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Nijher, Jaspreet (24 April 2014). "Raqesh, Ridhi rush in Amritsar to support their families - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Akshay's not going to be choosy". The Times of India. 25 June 2008. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013.
- "Music mania at Smoke House Grill". The Times of India. 16 June 2010. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012.
- "East meets West". The Hindu. 6 June 2008. Archived from the original on 11 June 2008.
- "Troy Ribeiro's latest play is a tale from Kashmir". DNA India. 17 May 2011.