Dil Hi Toh Hai
Dil Hi Toh Hai (English: It Is The Heart After all) is a romantic drama that is created and produced by Ekta Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms. It aired on Sony TV and streams on Alt Balaji. It premiered on 18 June 2018 and stars Karan Kundra and Yogita Bihani.
|Dil Hi Toh Hai|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Screenplay by||Mallika Dutt Gharde|
|Story by||Priya Ramanathan|
|Directed by||Muzammil Desai |
|Creative directors||Gargi Malwankar |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||155 (90+34+31)|
|Editors||Vikas Sharma |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||18 June 2018 –|
19 September 2020
|Officially available on altbalaji.com|
|Season premiere||Season Finale|
|Season 1||90||18 June 2018||1 November 2018|
|Season 2||34||14 February 2019||29 January 2020|
|Season 3||31||29 January 2020||19 September 2020|
Vijaypath Noon, one of India's top entrepreneurs has a modern-day family and is the owner of the pharmaceutical company, Noon Biotech. He is a doting son to his mother Sugna and was abandoned by his wife Geeta years ago for a more prosperous life when their son Ritwik was a child.
Vijaypath then married a child Rishabh's divorcée mother Mamta and soon they have three children: Reeva, Shanaya and Shivam. Prolific and pharmaceutical, Ritwik who doesn't believe love thinks that women are gold diggers and can not be trusted; this angst is a result of his deeply troubled childhood as Geeta abandoned Vijaypath.
Belonging from a middle-class family, Palak Sharma is a doctor with strong values and principles, who chose a career in the field of medicine after she lost her brother Akshay due to the consumption of incorrect medicines administered by the hospital. Her mother is wedding planner Manjeet Sharma who wants to see her married.
Ritwik and Palak meet on a cold wintry night. Palak's friend Aarohi turns out to be Ritwik's girlfriend who recently broke up with him. Heartbroken, Aarohi fears she is pregnant or not and tells Aarohi that Ritwik had not promised her any commitment. Ritwik tells Aarohi he has another girlfriend.
Aarohi finds she isn't pregnant and breaks down having lost Ritwik. She visits Ritwik's home to rekindle their romance. Palak follows her to prevent her from getting hurt. Ritwik kisses Palak in a dark room mistaking her to be his girlfriend. Realizing her first kiss with Ritwik, Palak is fuming.
Eventually, Ritwik and Palak become friends. Reeva's fiancé Samar Kapoor falls in love with Manjeet's assistant Radhika, and they elope. Ritvik misunderstands Palak thinking she was involved in this matter. Hurt by him, Palak quits her job and moves to Mumbai.
Three months later, Ritwik's friend Rohit Puri and Palak's divorcée friend Setu Verma are about to marry. Setu convinces Palak to return to Delhi. Ritwik's engagement is arranged to Rohit's sister Ananya. Kabir enters, Shweta's former husband who falsely asserts that she left him because he had no money. Ritwik breaks the engagement.
Rohit and Ritwik drift apart till Rohit convinces him of Setu and Palak's truth. Ritwik requests Palak to stay in Delhi and help him reunite Rohit and Shweta. Reeva tries to incite Ananya against Palak. Rohit and Setu decide to elope.
Ritwik and Palak try bringing Rohit and Setu back. The four are chased by goons. Palak and Ritwik grow close and become intimate. As they reunite to safety, Ritwik convinces Rohit's father Alok to accept Rohit and Setu. He confesses his love for Palak but Vijaypath, Rishabh and Manjeet disapprove.
Vijaypath asks Ritwik to sign a prenuptial agreement prepared by Rishabh, causing misunderstandings between Palak and Ritwik. They break up. Manjeet fixes Palak's marriage with Naman Kapoor. At the wedding, Ritwik realizes Rishabh lied to him and crashes Palak's wedding wanting her back.
Naman steps back to allow Ritwik and Palak to marry. Manjeet has Ritwik arrested. Vijaypath disagrees to accept Palak and disowns Ritwik. Palak begins working for Vikrant Raheja, who is in fact Ritvik's half-brother and Anjana and her second husband's son. Vijaypath tells Ritwik that Palak and Vikrant are having an affair.
This misunderstanding leads to Ritwik and Palak having a fight, as a result, an angered Ritwik goes to the Puri house. Ananya and Rohit try to make Ritwik understand by considering Palak's side. Ritwik then understands that he is wrong about Palak, so he returns to his house. In the meantime, Palak meets with Ritwik's mother and she asks Palak to leave Ritwik because their family has been divided. Palak by suppressing her desire goes to Vikrant's house and tells Setu to do whatever she said. Then she performs a false affair relationship in front of Ritwik, with his boss Vikrant. Ritwik then leaves the place and breaks down in tears and so does Palak. Palak then faints and Vikrant takes her to the hospital where she learns that she is pregnant. Setu tells her to call Ritwik and tell him that she is doing all this because of his mother. Palak calls Ritwik but doesn’t tell him the truth and says she is pregnant with Vikrant's child and the season ends. Palak sacrifices her love for Ritwik's family.
After six years Shivam and Shanaya return home from London due to their mother's insistence. Mamta reveals to Shivam what she had done and that she will die from cancer in six months and asks him to bring back Palak. Palak live with her six-year-old twins, Gia and Dia who resemble Ritwik in a number of ways, and is struggling financially and only Setu knows her whereabouts. The Noon family is split, Vijaypath is sick and does not know of Mamta's cancer, Rishabh and wife left to Australia and Ritwik focuses only on business and avoids everyone in the family. Shivam manages to get information about Palak from Setu and offers her job as physiotherapist for his father but she fails to recognize him. She returns to Delhi with her children only to be surprised by the revelation that she works for the Noons. Ritwik, still angry with her, taunts her about her deceit till she breaks down and reveals that the twins are his children and not Vikraant's. Ritwik then emotionally blackmails Palak into giving him custody of the children. Shanaya and Reeva forgive her and asks her forgiveness after she saves them from marrying men who were after them for their money. She also exposes Rishabh and Shanaya's fiancé to Vijaypath by faking Vijaypath's death and presenting herself as greedy to obtain the Noon Mansion. Vijaypath understands that he has misunderstood her for years. Mamta reveals to Ritwik and family that she had asked Palak to fake her relation with Vikraant so Ritwik is not separated from his family. Guilt-ridden Ritwik decides to leave for London after asking Palak and children for forgiveness but Palak and family stops him. While returning, their car meets with an accident.
Palak escapes unharmed from the accident but Ritwik goes into coma for two years. Palak married Vikrant who had helped the family escape bankruptcy and cared for the twins as a father while everyone was disoriented after the incident but maintains a distance from him as she still loves Ritwik but Vikrant loves her and promises to wait for her till she can forget Ritwik. The females of the house, Mamta and Vijaypath have accepted Vikrant as a family member for what he did for the Noons but Shivam and other men of the house are against him. Right before they remove the life support, Ritwik regains consciousness but has forgotten everything that has happened for previous eight years including Palak and kids and tries to revert to how he was before he married Palak but can't understand why so much has changed. Reeva has married Aman and has a daughter, Setu and Rohit have problems since they have no time for each other except for looking after their three kids and Mamta has survived cancer. Ananya and Shivam are dating. All female members want Palak to remain with Vikrant while the male members try to reunite Ritwik and Palak. Ritwik seems to have feelings for Palak but believes that she is his physiotherapist and is happily married to Vikrant with two twins while Palak fears that if he is suddenly reminded of his past, he might again become comatose. They avoid each other while Ritwik tries to bring Vikrant and Palak close as asked of him by Mamta. Meanwhile, between all the confusion caused by the two groups supporting different causes, Vikrant asks Vijaypath and prepares to divorce Palak as soon as possible. Shanaya finds herself a prospective groom and the family decides to test him. While preparing for a surprise party to celebrate Setu and Rohit's wedding anniversary in the hope of solving the problems between them, Setu meets with an accident while an angry Rohit gets drunk and sleeps with an unknown girl he met at the bar. The next morning Palak and Ritwik discover what Rohit did and while trying to cover up for him, Vikrant misunderstands that Palak was cheating on him with Ritvik and leaves angrily after giving her the divorce papers despite Ritvik and Palak trying to convince him while Rohit and Setu learn about each other and Setu decides to divorce as well even though others try to cover up Rohit's cheating. Setu tries to commit suicide but is saved by Palak and Vikrant while Ritwik has an attack and remembers some of his past. Vikrant decides not divorce Palak and Ritvik pretends as though he still does not remember Palak as he feels that she and his daughters will be happier with Vikrant and have moved on. Palak understands this and confronts Ritwik but he refuses to accept the truth even though she tells him that she does not love Vikrant. Shivam and Ananya accept their relation in front of the family and their marriage is fixed along with Shanaya's. Vikrant starts to feel insecure about Palak and Reeva, who needs him to help in business, advises him to fake having a brain tumor and take Palak along with him to London to separate her from Ritwik but later when she is informed that Ritwik remembers everything and he is sacrificing his love, she feels guilty. Ritwik overhears Reeva telling Vikraant to drop the plan but Vikraant refuses to drop the plan then Ritwik slaps him and goes along with his family to stop Palak at the airport and they reunite.
- Karan Kundra as Ritwik Noon; Palak's husband; Gia and Dia's father
- Yogita Bihani as Dr Palak Noon (née Sharma); Ritwik's wife; Gia and Dia's mother
- Bijay Anand as Vijaypath Noon, Ritwik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's father, Rishabh's stepfather, Mamta's second husband
- Shahoor Agha as Mrs Maitree Noon, Vijaypath's mother, Rishabh, Ritwik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's grandmother
- Poonam Dhillon/Rajeshwari Sachdev as Mamta Vijaypath Noon, Vijaypath's second wife, Rishabh, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's mother, Ritwik's stepmother
- Akshay Dogra/Chaitanya Choudhury as Rishabh Noon, Mamta's son from her first marriage and Vijaypath's adoptive son
- Sudeepa Singh as Saanchi Rishabh Noon, Rishabh's wife
- Gurpreet Kaur Bedi as Reeva Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's older daughter; Angad's ex-wife; Aman's wife
- Gautam Ahuja as young Shivam Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's son youngest son; Shanaya's twin
- Paras Kalnawat as older Shivam Noon; Ananya's boyfriend
- Pooja Jadhav as young Shanaya Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's youngest daughter; Shivam's twin
- Sanaya Pithawalla as older Shanaya Noon; Kartik's wife
- Ritu Vij/Roma Bali as Manjeet Sharma, Palak's mother and a wedding planner
- Sanjay Batra as Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's father
- Madhuri Pandey as Meera Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's mother
- Aman Chahal as Samar, Reeva's ex-fiancé, Radhika's husband
- Afreen Nasir Dastani as Radhika, Manjeet's assistant in wedding planning, and Samar's wife
- Sandeep Rajora as Samar's father
- Aradhna Uppal as Samar's mother
- Farida Dadi as Taari
- Tuhina Vohra as Geeta Raheja, Vijaypath's first wife, Ritwik's biological mother;
- Abhinav Kapoor as Aman, Taari's grandson; Ritwik's best friend; Reeva's husband
- Asmita Sood as Shweta Rohit Puri (Setu), Palak's best friend and Rohit's wife
- Krishna Shetty as Rohit Puri, Setu's second husband, Ritwik's best friend and Ananya's older brother
- Poulomi Das as Ananya Puri, Ritwik's former fiancée; Rohit's sister; Shivam's girlfriend
- Aly Goni as Naman Kapoor, Palak's former fiancé
- Bhavya Sachdeva as Sanjeev Kapoor, Naman's younger brother
- Pooja Banerjee as Aarohi, Setu and Palak's friend
- Paras Arora as Vikraant Raheja; Ritwik's step brother
- Keith Sequeira/Mukul Harish as Vivek, Ritwik's friend, Aarohi's employer and love interest
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as a surgeon
- Gaurav Venkatesh as Robin, Ritwik's secretary
- Manoj Chandila as Kabir, Rohit and Ritwik's friend, Setu's former husband
- Shiny Doshi as a guest at Reeva's engagement
- Anjum Fakih as a performer at Ritwik and Ananya's sangeet
- Karan Thakur as Angad, Reeva's ex-husband
- Palak Purswani as Pragati
- Shanaya Vijay as Gia Sharma-Noon, Ritwik and Palak's daughter; Dia Sharma Noon's twin sister
- Samaira Vijay as Dia Sharma Noon, Ritwik and Palak's daughter; Gia Sharma-Noon's twin sister
- Ekta Kapoor on Dil Hi Toh Hai, ‘There Will Be Sex Education to the Younger Kids, It Is a Today’s Take on a Family’
- "Ekta Kapoor's Dil Hi Toh Hai to premiere today; 5 reasons to watch the show". India Today. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Karan Kundra to play the lead in Sony TV’s Dil Hi Toh Hai
- "Yogita Bihani will play the lead in 'Dil Hi To Hai'".
- Dil Hi Toh Hai shoots certain scenes in Rajasthan
- Dil Hi Toh Hai team shoots in the landscape of Rajasthan