Dil Hi Toh Hai
Dil Hi Toh Hai (English: It Is The Heart After all) is a romantic drama that is created and produced by Ekta Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms. It airs on Sony TV and streams on Alt Balaji. It premiered on 18 June 2018 and stars Karan Kundra and Yogita Bihani.
|Dil Hi Toh Hai|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Screenplay by||Mallika Dutt Gharde|
|Story by||Priya Ramanathan|
|Directed by||Muzammil Desai |
|Creative director(s)||Gargi Malwankar |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||144|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||18 June 2018 –|
|Officially available on altbalaji.com|
|Season 1||90||28 April 2017|
|Season 2||34||14 February 2018|
|Season 3||20||29 January 2020|
Vijaypath Noon, one of India's top entrepreneurs has a modern-day family and is the owner of the pharmaceutical company, Noon Biotech. He is a doting son to his mother Sugna and was abandoned by his wife Anjana years ago for a more prosperous life when their son Ritvik was a child.
Vijaypath then married a child Rishabh's divorcee mother Mamta and soon they have three children: Reeva, Shanaya and Shivam. Prolific and pharmaceutical, Ritvik who doesn't believe love thinks that women are gold diggers and can not be trusted; this angst is a result of his deeply troubled childhood as Anjana abandoned Vijaypath.
Belonging from a middle-class family, Palak Sharma is a doctor with strong values and principles, who chose a career in the field of medicine after she lost her brother Ronit due to the consumption of incorrect medicines administered by the hospital. Her mother is wedding planner Manjeet Sharma who wants to see her married.
Ritvik and Palak meet on a cold wintry night. Palak's friend Aarohi turns out to be Ritvik's girlfriend who recently broke up with him. Heartbroken, Aarohi fears she is pregnant or not and tells Aarohi that Ritvik had not promised her any commitment. Ritvik tells Aarohi he has another girlfriend.
Aarohi finds she isn't pregnant and breaks down having lost Ritvik. She visits Ritvik's home to rekindle their romance. Palak follows her to prevent her from getting hurt. Ritvik kisses Palak in a dark room mistaking her to be his girlfriend. Realizing her first kiss with Ritvik, Palak is fuming.
Eventually, Ritvik and Palak become friends. Reeva's fiancé Samar Kapoor falls in love with Manjeet's assistant Radhika, and they elope. Ritvik misunderstands Palak thinking she was involved in this matter. Hurt by him, Palak quits her job and moves to Mumbai.
Three months laterEdit
Ritvik's friend Rohit Puri and Palak's divorcee friend Shweta Sinha are about to marry. Shweta convinces Palak to return to Delhi. Ritvik's engagement is arranged to Rohit's sister Ananya. Enters Kabir, Shweta's former husband who cooks up story that she left him because he didn't has money. Ritvik breaks the engagement.
Rohit and Ritvik drift apart till Rohit convinces him of Shweta and Palak's truth. Ritvik requests Palak to stay in Delhi and help him reunite Rohit and Shweta. Reeva tries to incite Ananya against Palak. Rohit and Shweta decide to elope.
Ritvik and Palak try bringing Rohit and Shweta back. The four are chased by goons. Palak and Ritvik grow close and get intimate. As they reunite to safety, Ritvik convinces Rohit's father Alok to accept Rohit and Setu. He confesses his love for Palak but Vijaypath, Rishabh and Manjeet disapprove.
Vijaypath asks Ritvik to sign a prenuptial agreement prepared by Rishabh, causing misunderstandings between Palak and Ritvik. They break up. Manjeet fixes Palak's marriage with Naman Kapoor. At the wedding, Ritvik realizes Rishabh lied to him and crashes Palak's wedding wanting her back.
Naman steps back to let Ritvik and Palak get married. Manjeet gets Ritvik arrested. Vijaypath disagrees to accept Palak and disowns Ritvik. Palak begins working for Vikrant Raheja, who is in fact Ritvik's half-brother and Anjana and her second husband's son. Vijaypath tells Ritvik that Palak and Vikrant are having an affair.
This misunderstanding leads to Ritvik and Palak having a fight, as a result, an angered Ritvik goes to the Puri house. Ananya and Rohit try to make Ritvik understand by considering Palak's side. Ritvik then understands that he is wrong about Palak, so he goes back to his house. In the meantime, Palak meets with Mamta mom and she asks Palak to leave Ritvik because their family has been broken apart. Palak by suppressing her desire goes to Vikrant's house and tells Setu to do whatever she said. Then she performs a false affair relationship in front of Ritvik, with his boss Vikrant. Ritvik then leaves the place and breaks down in tears and so does Palak. Palak then faints and Vikrant takes her to the hospital where she gets to know that she is pregnant. Setu tells her to call Ritvik and tell him that she is doing all this because of Mamta mom. Palak calls Ritvik but doesn’t tell him the truth and says that she is pregnant with Vikrant's child and the season ends. Palak sacrifices her love for Ritvik's family. Here one thing has to be said that "jo aasan hota hai woh shayad pyaar nahi hota hai, jo pyaar hota hai wohi imtihaan lehta hai. "
- Bijay Anand as Vijaypath Noon, Ritvik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's father, Rishabh's stepfather, Mamta's second husband
- Shahoor Agha as Mrs Maitree Noon, Vijaypath's mother, Rishabh, Ritvik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's grandmother
- Poonam Dhillon/Rajeshwari Sachdev as Mamta Vijaypath Noon, Vijaypath's second wife, Rishabh, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's mother, Ritvik's stepmother
- Akshay Dogra/ Chaitanya Choudhury as Rishabh Noon, Mamta's son from her first marriage and Vijaypath's adoptive son
- Sudeepa Singh as Saanchi Rishabh Noon, Rishabh's wife
- Gurpreet Kaur Bedi as Reeva Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's older daughter, Aman's love interest
- Gautam Ahuja as Shivam Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's son youngest son; Shanaya's twin
- Pooja Jadhav as Shanaya Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's youngest daughter; Shivam's twin
- Ritu Vij/ Roma Bali as Manjeet Sharma, Palak's mother and a wedding planner
- Sanjay Batra as Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's father
- Madhuri Pandey as Meera Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's mother
- Aman Chahal as Samar, Reeva's ex-fiancé, Radhika's husband
- Afreen Nasir Dastani as Radhika, Manjeet's assistant in wedding planning, and Samar's wife
- Sandeep Rajora as Samar's father
- Aradhna Uppal as Samar's mother
- Farida Dadi as Taari
- Paras Arora as Vikraant Raheja, Ritwik's step-brother, Geeta's son from second marriage
- Tuhina Vohra as Geeta Raheja, Vijaypath's first wife, Ritwik's first mother, Vikraant's mother
- Abhinav Kapoor Actor as Aman, Taari's grandson
- Poulomi Das as Ananya Puri, Ritvik's former fiancée, Rohit's sister
- Aly Goni as Naman Kapoor, Palak's former fiancé
- Bhavya Sachdeva as Sanjeev Kapoor, Naman's younger brother
- Pooja Banerjee as Aarohi, Setu & Palak's friend
- Keith Sequeira/Mukul Harish as Vivek, Ritvik's friend, Aarohi's employer and love interest
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as a surgeon
- Asmita Sood as Shweta Rohit Puri (Setu), Palak's best friend and Rohit's wife
- Krishna Shetty as Rohit Puri, Setu's second husband, Ritvik's best friend and Ananya's older brother
- Gaurav Venkatesh as Robin, Ritvik's secretary
- Manoj Chandila as Kabir, Rohit and Ritvik's friend, Setu's former husband
- Shiny Doshi as a guest at Reeva's engagement
- Anjum Fakih as a performer at Ritvik and Ananya's sangeet
- Paras Kalnawat as Shivam Noon
- Sanaya Pithawalla as Shanaya Noon
- Palak Purswani as Pragati
- Shanaya Vijay as Gia Sharma Noon
- Samaira Vijay as Dia Sharma Noon
(Ritwik and Palak 's twin daughters)
- Ekta Kapoor on Dil Hi Toh Hai, ‘There Will Be Sex Education to the Younger Kids, It Is a Today’s Take on a Family’
- "Ekta Kapoor's Dil Hi Toh Hai to premiere today; 5 reasons to watch the show". India Today. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Karan Kundra to play the lead in Sony TV’s Dil Hi Toh Hai
- "Yogita Bihani will play the lead in 'Dil Hi To Hai'".
- Dil Hi Toh Hai shoots certain scenes in Rajasthan
- Dil Hi Toh Hai team shoots in the landscape of Rajasthan