|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Sister channels||Star Plus|
Star Gold 2
Star Gold Select HD
Star Utsav Movies
Star Movies Select
Star World Premiere
Star Jalsha Movies
Star Maa Movies
Star Maa Gold
Star Maa Music
Star Suvarna Plus
Star Vijay Super
Star Vijay Music
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo People
Star Life (Africa)
Nat Geo Music
Disney International HD
|Launched||24 September 2007|
|Closed||1 December 2021|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 539|
|Kerala Vision Digital TV||Channel 210|
|Airtel digital tv||Channel 134|
|Independent TV||Channel 215|
|Dish TV||Channel 145|
|Sun Direct||Channel 316|
|Tata Sky||Channel 153|
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 208|
UTV Software Communications launched Bindass as a youth-oriented entertainment channel on 24 September 2007 along with movie channel Bindass Movies (which was later rebranded as UTV Action). Initial programming consisted of a sitcoms Sun Yaar Chill Maar and Lagegi, action series Shakira - The End of Evil, 3rd Degree with Ugesh Sarcar and six international shows The Benny Hill Show, Japanese Pro Wrestling Show, Gotcha, Motorrad Cops, Whacked Out Sports and Challenges of Fire.
In February 2010, Bindass launched a new campaign titled "What I Am" which aimed at speaking for the youth of India, and dispel popular misconceptions about their attitude towards responsibilities.
The channel launched Halla Bol in 2014, first show under the new brand campaign. The show showcased stories inspired by various real life instances and celebrates the victories of women who stood their ground to emerge as heroes. The show was hosted by television actor Karan Tacker.
In 2016 Disney Media Networks India started producing Web television series which will be simulcast on Bindass as well digital platforms like Facebook and YouTube. The first series under this multi-platform strategy was The Girl in the City which was followed by The Trip, Girl in the City Chapter 2, Dil Buffering and Tere Liye Bro.
On October 18, 2021, it was announced by Disney-Star that the channel will close down on December 1, 2021.
Bindass India concertEdit
On 13 January 2008, Bindass presented a two-hour live concert starring popular Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan at MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai. The entourage included stars Priyanka Chopra, Dia Mirza, Rakhi Sawant and Dino Morea. The concert was hosted by Sajid Khan, and choreographed by Ganesh Hegde.
Prior to the contest Bindass organized a nationwide contest called "Dance with SRK", where the lucky winners would get to dance with Shah Rukh Khan on stage. Through a lucky dip, three winners, Andrew from Kolkatta, Richa from Lucknow and 9 year old Vidhi from Mumbai, were chosen. The concert was telecast on Bindass on 26 January 2008 on Indian Republic Day.
- Girl in the City: Chapter 3
- Ishq Messenger
- Selfie Wala Show
- Tia's Request Show
- Yeh Hai Aashiqui
- 3rd Degree with Ugesh Sarcar
- Beg Borrow Steal
- The Benny Hill Show
- Big Switch
- Cash Cab-Meter Chalu Hai'
- The Chair
- Challenges of Fire
- Change Aaeyga Hum Laayenge
- Destination Love
- Dil Buffering
- Emotional Atyachar
- Fear Less
- Halla Bol
- Hass Ley India
- Girl in the City
- Girl in the City: Chapter 2
- Japanese Wrestling Show
- The Khan Sisters
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Kota Toppers
- Kya Mast Hai Life
- Life Lafde Aur Bandiyan
- Live out Loud – It’s Now or Never
- Love by Chance
- Love Lock Up
- Meri Toh Lag Gayi.... Naukri
- Motorrad Cops
- Pyar Ka The End
- Road Diaries
- Shakira - The End of Evil
- Sun Yaar Chill Maar
- Sun Yaar Try Maar
- Surprise Surprise Gotcha
- Tere Liye Bro
- The Trip
- Tu Con Main Con
- Whacked Out Sports
- Zabaan Sambhalke
- Zindagi Wins
- "Bindass moves to full launch". Variety Online Asia. Archived from the original on 11 April 2008.
- "Dubbed shows on Bindass". 9 February 2008. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "What I am: UTV Bindass' new campaign speaks through voice of youth". Campaign India. Archived from the original on 25 November 2010.
- "Disney Acquires Controlling Stake in India's UTV". The Hollywood Reporter. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "tellytrp.in". www.tellytrp.in.
- "Bindass Unveils Its New Series - Tere Liye Bro". Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "bindass launches its first ever web series 'Girl in the City'". 7 April 2016.
- "Watch: Lisa Haydon plays a hot, feisty musician in a web series". Hindustan Times. 7 January 2017.
- "Mithila Palkar Is Back with Chapter 2 of "Girl In The City"". 25 March 2017. Archived from the original on 17 December 2017. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Disney pushes brand bindass as it merges with bindass Play, enters OTT space". Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "The Stars came down at the 'Airtel Bindass India Concert'". Indian Television.
- "UTV launches brand Bindass, space yatra hunt". 20 July 2007 – via The Economic Times.
- "Bindass presents Beg Borrow Steal". 2 December 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "UTV Bindass returns with 'Cash Cab-Meter Chalu Hai'". 20 May 2009. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Bindass to launch horror-reality show 'The Chair'". 31 August 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Bindass heads for "Destination Love"". 15 January 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Refreshing working on 'Dil Buffering': Aanchal Munjal". The New Indian Express.
- "Bindass promotes brand new show 'Fear Less'". EVENTFAQS Media.
- "Bindass strengthens line-up, to introduce its first sitcom". www.bestmediaifo.com.
- "Bindass to relaunch 'Lagegi' as 'Hass Ley India'". Indian Television Dot Com. 13 December 2007.
- Correspondent, Showbiz (29 December 2013). "Bigg Boss 7 winner: Who is Gauhar Khan?". Emirates24-7.
- "Bindass to air "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"". 8 June 2008. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "bindass.com - Life Lafde Aur Bandiyan". www.bindass.com.
- Bureau, Adgully. "Bindass Presents 'Live Out Loud' Its Now or Never". www.adgully.com.
- "Most Popular Dating Shows On TV!". The Times of India. 21 September 2015.
- "Bindass presents Meri Toh Lag Gayi.... Naukri". 28 March 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Bindass talks about relationships with 'Pyaar Ka The End'". Indian Television Dot Com. 9 August 2014.
- "Arjun Bijlani goes Bindass!". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 March 2016.