Do Dil Ek Jaan
Do Dil... Ek Jaan (English: Two Hearts... One Soul) is an Indian television soap opera, which premiered on 3 June 2013 with a one-hour special and ended on 24 January 2014. It was produced by Abhinav Shukla under his Nautanki Films banner. The show aired weekdays on Life OK.
|Do Dil... Ek Jaan|
Title card of Do Dil... Ek Jaan
|Directed by||Bhagwan Yadav |
|Starring||Ayaz Ahmed |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||01|
|No. of episodes||165|
|Producer(s)||Saurabh Tewari |
|Production location(s)||Mumbai |
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nautanki Films|
|Original network||Life OK|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Original release||3 June 2013 –|
24 January 2014
A Kashmiri girl named Antara moves with her mother to Mumbai, where she falls in love with a gangster, Raghu. Raghu is forced to make hard decisions about whether his allegiances lie with his gang and his godmother, Daya Mayi, or with his newfound love, Antara.
Raghu's past catches up with him when Daya Mayi's son, Satya, returns home. Satya ruins Raghu and Antara's marriage plans. When Raghu discovers that Antara is pregnant with his child, Raghu and Antara escape. Antara gives birth to a boy, Vidhan, but eventually Satya finds and kills Antara and Raghu. Satya later marries and has a daughter, Vedika.
Vedika returns to the district where she falls in love with Vidhan, Raghu's son. Tragedy follows and Satya's sins come back upon him many times over, completing the cycle of violence that he began when he murdered Raghu and Antara. Vidhaan returns to seek revenge on Satya and meets Machmach who is unaware that Vidhaan is Raghu's son. When Vidhaan reveals his identity to Machmach, he vows to help him in his revenge.
Vidhaan faces Satya and a fight ensues. Vidhaan chooses to spare Saya's life who uses this as an advantage and shoots an unsuspecting Vidhaan. As Vedika witnesses Vidhaan dying, she shocks her father and kills herself by shooting herself in the chest.
A heartbroken Satya repents all the murders he committed as Machmach taunts him about his fate.
- Ayaz Ahmed as Raghu
- Nikita Sharma as Antara Kaul, Raghu's love interest
- Akshay Dogra as Satya, Daya Mayi's son who kills Raghu and Antara
- Kanwar Dhillon as Vidhaan, Raghu and Antara's son
- Shritama Mukherjee as Vedika, Satya and Manjari's daughter
- Kishori Shahane as Geeta Kaul, Antara's mother
- Jaskaran Gandhi as Machinder (Machmach)
- Kamya Panjabi / Shilpa Shinde / Pragati Mehra as Daya Mayi, Satya's mother and Raghu's godmother
- Farooq Sheikh as Ashok Kaul, Antara's father
- Latesh Sharma as Battery
- Vineet Kuma as Aman / Tareeq
- Jayshree T. as Aaji
- Vinny Arora as Rukhsana
- Sumit Kaul as Govind
- Resham Tipnis as Saroj
- Shubham as Ishaan Kaul
- Pawan Tiwari as Arshad
- Ridheema Tiwari as Rasika
- Kanishka Soni as Manjari Satya Nayak, Satya's wife
- Darpan Srivastav as Manohar
- Ritu Vashisht as Noor Aapa
- Reema Vohra
- "Nautanki Films production, Do Dil Ek Jaan successfully completes 100 episodes". Indian Television Dot Com. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- Maheshwri, Neha. "Do Dil...Ek Jaan wraps up in seven months". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Unnikrishnan, Chaya. "A 22-year leap in 'Do Dil Ek Jaan'". dnaindia.com. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Ayaz and Nikita to be replaced in Do Dil... Ek Jaan? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Akshay Dogra to enter Life OK's Do Dil Ek Jaan as a parallel lead". Tellychakkar. 23 September 2013.
- "Kanwar Dhillon and Shritama the new leads in 'Do Dil... Ek Jaan' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2019.