Ahmed Shehzad (Urdu: احمد شہزاد , born 23 November 1991 in Lahore) is a Pakistani cricketer. He is an opening batsman who made his One Day International and Twenty20 International debut for Pakistan in April 2009 against Australia.
|Full name||Ahmed Shehzad|
|Born||23 November 1991|
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Test debut (cap 216)||31 December 2013 v Sri Lanka|
|Last Test||3 July 2015 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI debut (cap 172)||24 April 2009 v Australia|
|Last ODI||16 October 2017 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI shirt no.||19|
|T20I debut (cap 26)||7 May 2009 v Australia|
|Last T20I||7 October 2019 v Sri Lanka|
|Domestic team information|
|2007–present||Habib Bank Limited|
|2013||Khulna Royal Bengal|
|2013||Pakistan A cricket team|
|2016–2017; 2019–present||Quetta Gladiators|
Source: ESPN Cricinfo, 7 October 2019
Shehzad was born on 23 November 1991 in the city of Lahore. He belongs to a Pashtun family and is fluent in Pashto. When Shehzad was two years old, his father died and he was raised by a single mother in Anarkali.
Shehzad’s wife had a baby boy on April 20, 2017 who he named Ali Ahmad Khan.
Domestic and T20 careerEdit
Ahmad Shehzad was the highest runs scorer in BPL 2011-12 and the best batsman of the tournament.
He is the title winner of BPL 2016 and PSL 2019 as champion in BPL he was playing in Comilla Victorians in 2016 and Quetta Gladiators. Shehzad was the leading run-scorer in the 2016–17 Departmental One Day Cup, with 653 runs, including a career-best score in List A cricket of 166 in the semi-final. He was also the captain of the team. During the tournament he scored three centuries and three half-centuries in nine matches.
He was the highest runs scorer and man of the tournament in 2016 Pakistan Cup. He scored 372 runs in only 5 matches with the help of 3 half centuries and a hundred.
In April 2018, he was named as the captain of Baluchistan's squad for the 2018 Pakistan Cup. He scored the most runs for Baluchistan during the tournament, with 251 runs in four matches. In March 2019, he was named in Federal Areas' squad for the 2019 Pakistan Cup.
In July 2019, he was selected to play for the Amsterdam Knights in the inaugural edition of the Euro T20 Slam cricket tournament. However, the following month the tournament was cancelled.
Shehzad made his Test debut against Sri Lanka in 2013 scoring 38 in the first innings and 55 in the second. Ahmed Shehzad was part of the Test squad against South Africa in UAE. However he wasn't selected in the playing XI in either of the 2 Tests against South Africa.
He has a 40+ test average for Pakistan Cricket Team with the help of 3 hundreds and 3 half hundreds. His test hundreds are against big teams like Sri Lanka 147 runs, Australia 136 runs and New Zealand 176 runs.
In his One Day International career he has scored 6 hundreds and14 half centuries.
In his Twenty20 International career, he has scored 1 hundred 07 fifties. He is the only Pakistani player who has scored centuries in all three forms of cricket.
During a Pakistan Super League group stage match vs Peshawar Zalmi, Shehzad had an exchange of words and physical conflict with bowler Wahab Riaz. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) imposed a fine on both players and issued an official warning to them.[dead link]
After Pakistan's exit from the 2016 World Twenty20 from losing 3 matches against New Zealand, India and Australia, Shehzad's poor performance led to a PCB committee suggesting a ban on him and player Umar Akmal.
Records and achievementsEdit
- Only Pakistani batsman to have scored centuries in all international formats of the game (i.e. Test, ODI and T20I).
- Most runs, most sixes in a T20 innings by a Pakistani.
- Highest runs in T20 internationals at Gaddafi Stadium
- Most runs (168) in a two–match T20I series by a Pakistani cricketer.
- Most centuries in T20 cricket from Pakistan.
- He is fastest 5000 runs scorer in T20 cricket from Pakistan
- He is 2nd highest centuries maker in T20 cricket from Asia after Rohit Sharma.
- Highest run scorer for the Lahore Lions.
- Second quickest batsman to score centuries in all three formats of international cricket (76 innings) just behind Lokesh Rahul.
- Highest run scorer for the Quetta Gladiators.
- Highest run scorer in the Pakistan Super League.
- First Pakistani batsman to hit three consecutive sixes in T20I.
- Holds the record for the most boundaries in a single T20 inning (20 fours)
- He is the first Pakistani who scored hundred against Cricket South Africa in South Africa
- He is youngest Pakistani player who scored 150+ runs in a test inning
- He has the record of fastest century in t20 Cricket from Pakistan just in 40 balls
- He has the record of highest t20i partnership for Pakistan along with Mohammad Hafeez 143*
- He has the record of Most catches in the field for Pakistan national under-19 cricket team
- He has the record of Most centuries from Pakistan in t20 Cricket 5 centuries
- He has the record of Most Half centuries for Quetta Gladiators in Pakistan Super League
- He has the record of Most centuries in knockout t20 matches 3 centuries
- He has the record of Most Half centuries in the finals of Pakistan Super League 2 half centuries in 3 finals
- "Ahmed Shehzad". ESPNCricinfo.
- "Ahmed Shahzad eyes ODI recall | The Express Tribune". tribune.com.pk. 28 December 2016.
- "New central contracts guarantee earnings boost for Pakistan players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- aPakistani. "Ahmad shehzad speaking pashtu – Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Ahmed Shehzad interview with Sanam Baloch. "Ahmad shehzad speaking pashtu – ARY news interview". Dailymotion. Archived from the original on 7 August 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "The Morning Show With (Exclusive Ahmad Shehzad) Sanam Baloch – ARY News – 4th September 2015". YouTube. Morning Show. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Ahmad Shahzad celebrates first marriage anniversary with Sana". ARYNEWS. 19 September 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Who'll dress cricketer Ahmed Shahzad on his wedding day? Faraz Manan!". Dawn. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- Pellokila, Selfi (13 March 2020). "Formasi Rohani". doi:10.31220/osf.io/j63rf. Cite journal requires
- "Ahmad Shahzad becomes father of baby boy". Dunya News. Dunya News. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Departmental One Day Cup, 2016/17: Most runs". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Departmental One Day Cup, 1st Semi-final: Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited v Habib Bank Limited at Karachi, Dec 31, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Shehzad hits 68 as Habib Bank take title". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Pakistan Cup one-day tournament to begin in Faisalabad next week". Geo TV. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Pakistan Cup Cricket from 25th". The News International. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Pakistan Cup 2018, Balochistan: Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Federal Areas aim to complete hat-trick of Pakistan Cup titles". Pakistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Pakistan Cup one-day cricket from April 2". The International News. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Eoin Morgan to represent Dublin franchise in inaugural Euro T20 Slam". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Euro T20 Slam Player Draft completed". Cricket Europe. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Inaugural Euro T20 Slam cancelled at two weeks' notice". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "PCB announces squads for 2019-20 domestic season". Pakistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "Sarfaraz Ahmed and Babar Azam to take charge of Pakistan domestic sides". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- administrator (30 May 2012). "Ahmed Shehzad (Pakistan) – Player Profile, News, Stats, Wiki, Photos & Videos".
- "Pakistani youngster impresses Ahmed Shehzad". 7 June 2018.
- "Debut Match score card". Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- "Ahmed Shehzad handed one-match ban". Cricinfo. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Farooq, Umar. "SL play down Shehzad-Dilshan incident". espncricinfo. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- =http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/watch-pakistan-team-mates-wahab-riaz-ahmed-shehzad-involved-in-physical-fight-during-psl/%7CTitle=Wahab Riaz, Ahmed Shehzad involved in ugly fight during PSL; fined heavily by PCB.
- "PCB committee recommends ban on Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Shoaib Malik & Ahmed Shehzad". arynews.tv. April 2016. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "[Records] Ahmed Shehzad becomes first Pakistani to score 0 in his first 3 matches – CricNama". Archived from the original on 21 May 2015. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Ahmed Shehzad – Pakistan's Greatest Opener Ever?".
- "Dreamt of becoming first Pakistani player to score a century in all three formats, says Ahmed Shehzad". The Indian Express. 30 March 2014.
- "[Records] Ahmed Shehzad: most runs, most sixes in T20 by a Pakistani – CricNama". Archived from the original on 21 May 2015. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Statistics / Batting / Most runs in two–match T20I series". Howstat. Retrieved 27 August 2013.