Ahmad Lai Bujang
Haji Ahmad Lai bin Bujang (26 November 1949 – 9 August 2019) was a Malaysian politician. He was the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Sibuti constituency in Sarawak, representing the Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) in the governing Barisan Nasional coalition.
Ahmad Lai Bujang
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Sibuti, Sarawak
|Preceded by||Constituency established|
|Born||26 November 1949|
Crown Colony of Sarawak
|Died||9 August 2019 (aged 69)|
Institut Jantung Negara,Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
|Political party||PBB—Barisan Nasional|
Ahmad was elected to Parliament in the 2008 election, defeating Michael Teo Yu Keng of the People's Justice Party. Before his election, he was a staffer for Chief Minister of Sarawak Abdul Taib Mahmud. He was re-elected in 2013 and declined for health reasons to contest the 2018 election. He died on 9 August 2019, aged 69.
|2008||Ahmad Lai Bujang (PBB)||8,238||64%||Michael Teo Yu Keng (PKR)||4,590||36%|
|2013||Ahmad Lai Bujang (PBB)||13,348||65%||Muhammad Zaid Tandang (PAS)||7,282||35%|
- "Ahmad Lai bin Bujang, Y.B. Tuan Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 April 2010.
- Hamdan Ismail (10 March 2008). "BN Does Well in Northern Sarawak". Berita Wilayah Sarawak. Bernama. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2010.
- Wong, Jack; Ling, Sharon (22 February 2008). "Taib will not defend Kota Samarahan seat". The Star. Star Publications (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2010.
- Mohd Roji Kawi (9 August 2019). "Former Sibuti MP Ahmad Lai Bujang dies aged 70". New Straits Times. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout (including votes for third parties).