AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (born 5 February 1960) is a Nigerian politician, who has served as governor of Kwara State since 2019.
|Governor of Kwara State|
|Assumed office |
29 May 2019
|Preceded by||Abdulfatah Ahmed|
|Born||5 February 1960|
Zaria, Northern Region, British Nigeria (now in Kaduna State, Nigeria)
|Political party||All Progressives Congress (APC)|
He was previously the CEO of First Fuels Limited. He contested unsuccessfully for the governor of Kwara State in 2003, 2007 and 2011 respectively under the Congress for Progressive Change political party and was successively defeated by Abubakar Bukola Saraki in 2003 and 2007, and by Abdulfatah Ahmed in 2011. However in 2019, he contested again under the ruling political party in Nigeria, the All Progressive Congress, and emerged as the governor of Kwara State, after he won the 2019 governorship election in the state. In 2021 he introduces KwaraLEARN in basic education to empower teachers.
He was born in Ilorin West Local Government. AbdulRahman is the son of Alh. A. G. F. AbdulRazaq SAN., the first northern lawyer in Nigeria.
He attended Capital School, Kaduna between 1966 and 1968; Bishop Smith Memorial School Ilorin between 1970 and 1971; and Government College Kaduna where he is said to have earned his West African Senior School Certificate Examination in 1976 (WASSCE).
He joined politics in 1999 when Nigeria returned to democracy. In 2011, he unsuccessfully contested for the governorship election in Kwara State on the platform of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and again contested unsuccessfully for Kwara Central Senatorial District on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in both 2011 and 2015. He won the gubernatorial primary election of the All Progressive Congress for Kwara State in October 2018.
He was elected as governor of Kwara State at the 2019 governorship election held on 9 March 2019 and sworn in on 29 May 2019.
He is married to Olufolake Molawa Davies Abdulrazaq and the couple have three sons.
- ^ "AbdulRazaq bags Governor of the year award - The Nation Newspaper". thenationonlineng.net. Retrieved 5 March 2022.
- ^ "Hope rising for oil mandate, AbdualRahman AbdulRazak".
- ^ a b c d "Support AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for Governor of Kwara". voteabdulrahman.com.
- ^ "APC's Abdulrahman wins Kwara Governorship election". Vanguard News. 10 March 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- ^ "AbdulRazaq Introduces KwaraLEARN to Revolutionise Basic Education". THISDAYLIVE. 4 November 2021. Retrieved 19 November 2021.
- ^ "Brief History About Kwara State APC Gubernatorial Candidate".
- ^ "Certificate scandal: School mates clarify AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq". Businessday NG. 8 March 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- ^ a b admin. "Real reasons Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq emerged Kwara APC guber candidate | National Pilot Newspaper". Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- ^ "ABDULRAZAQ ABDULRAHAMAN -The new man on the block in Kwara". Vanguard News Nigeria. 13 October 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- ^ "Supporters jubilate AbdulRahman Abdulrazak's early lead". The Informant247 News. 7 October 2018. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- ^ "INEC Announces APC's Abdulrahaman Abdulrazaq the winner of Kwara Guber' Poll". The Informant247 News. 10 March 2019. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- ^ "ICPC summons Kwara govs wife Olufolake 8 others over corruption allegations". News Diary. 5 February 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2020.