Aditya Pudipeddi (born 23 December 1989), better known as Aadi, is an Indian actor who works in Telugu films. Born to veteran actor Sai Kumar, Aadi made his debut with Prema Kavali (2011). He won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South and SIIMA Award for Best Male Debut (Telugu) for the film. He went on to be starred in successful films such as Lovely (2012) and Sukumarudu (2013).
23 December 1989
|Other names||Aadi Saikumar|
|Alma mater||Bhavan's Vivekananda College|
|Relatives||P. Ravi Shankar (uncle)|
P. J. Sarma (grandfather)
Aditya Pudipeddi was born on 23 December 1989 in Amudalavalasa, Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh. Son of actor Sai Kumar, Aadi was schooled in Chennai in Padma Sheshadri till 7th standard and then moved to St. Andrews School in Hyderabad, followed by St Johns for Intermediate and completed his graduation from Bhavan's Vivekananda College. He excelled in studies, and had an inclination towards acting. He was an all-rounder in Cricket and he was selected for the under-19 Ranji Cricket Team. He played under the captaincy of Ambati Rayudu, and Pragyan Ojha, the Indian Team player was his roommate during their Sri Lanka trip.
Aadi debuted in 2011 with K. Vijaya Bhaskar's directorial Prema Kavali. In this love story, he played the role of Srinu, a NCC Cadet who sets out to find the one who tortures his lover, thus trying to regain her heart after a break-up. Oneindia Entertainment commented on his performance stating "Aadi has done his role with good ease and his in dialogue delivery is as good as his father. He is quite comfortable in emoting the love and emotional scenes and he is also good at dances and action scenes. However, he should further improve his body language, as he appeared a little rigid in some scenes. But for a debutant hero, such situations are unavoidable." Aadi has won the Hyderabad Times award 2011 for Promising Newcomer Male, CineMAA Awards (2012) for best Debut Actor of 2012 and Filmfare Awards South (2012) for Best Male Debut – South of 2011. The movie ran for 100 days.
His next release was B. Jaya's directorial Lovely (2012), was released on 30 March 2012. He played the role of Akash, a jovial person who hates father-daughter relationships, but starts respecting it after he meets with the father of the girl he loved. The film completed a hundred-day run on 7 July 2012 in 12 centres. In 2013, Aadi starred in Sukumarudu which was released on 4 May 2013 which was moderately successful. He then starred in Rough, directed by C. H. Subba Reddy.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- All films are in Telugu, unless otherwise noted.
|2014||Pyar Mein Padipoyane||Chandra|
|Operation Gold Fish||Arjun Pandit|
|Jungle||TBA||Tamil-Telugu bilingual; Filming|||
|2014||Pyaar Meine Padipoyane||"Chinna Pillalu"||Telugu|
- Best Male Debut – 2012
- Other Awards
- Pecheti, Prakash. "Aadi Saikumar happy to be back on track". Telangana Today. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "'Sashi' First Look: Aadi Saikumar sports a rugged bearded look in his new film - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- Sarma, G. V. Prasada (26 March 2011). "'Dialogue King' on a roll". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "I'm an all-rounder – Adi". raagalahari.com. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Interview with Sai Kumar". idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 26 February 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "When Aadi lifted Aruna and walked in the snow". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : 'Prema Kavali' release today". The Hindu. 25 February 2011. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Prema Kavali – Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Archived from the original on 31 August 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". The Times of India. 26 June 2012. Archived from the original on 18 July 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "The 59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2011(South)". The Times of Inia. 9 July 2012. Archived from the original on 5 April 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "'Prema Kavali' Celebrates 100 Days Function". IndiaGlitz. Archived from the original on 8 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Lovely completes 100 days in 12 centres". indiaglitz.com. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "'Sukumarudu' review: Emotionally cheerful". Zee News. Archived from the original on 14 June 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Aadi's next film titled 'Rough'". 123telugu.com. Archived from the original on 8 June 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Pranitha Subhash teams up with Aadi Pudipeddi in 'Chuttalabbayi'". The Indian Express. 2 August 2015. Archived from the original on 23 October 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Adivi, Sashidhar (24 December 2019). "Aadi Saikumar signs two films!". Deccan Chronicle. Archived from the original on 24 July 2020. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Vijay Antony releases first look of Vedhika's next - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 July 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Dookudu dazzles in Dubai – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 24 June 2012. Archived from the original on 27 June 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Vishnupriya Bhandaram (23 June 2012). "Arts / Cinema : When the stars descended". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 August 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 24 June 2012. Archived from the original on 15 May 2015. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Aadi coming as Galipattam". Tollywood10.com. 10 March 2014. Archived from the original on 11 March 2014.