Atithi Devo Bhava (transl. Guests are our God) is a 2022 Indian Telugu-language romantic action film directed by debutant Polimera Nageshawar and produced by Srinivasa Cine Creations. The film stars Aadi and Nuveksha with music composed by Shekar Chandra. The plot follows Abhay who has monophobia and his life takes a dramatic turn after meets his love interest. The film is released theatrically on 7 January 2022.
|Atithi Devo Bhava|
|Directed by||Polimera Nageshawar|
|Screenplay by||Rajani Rajababu|
|Story by||K. Venugopal Reddy|
|Produced by||Raja Babu Miryala|
Ashok Reddy Miryala
|Edited by||Karthika Srinivas|
|Music by||Shekar Chandra|
Srinivasa Cine Creations
This section needs an improved plot summary. (April 2022)
Abhi suffers from a problem called Mono Phobia. Because of this, he cannot survive alone and always expects someone to be on his side. In this process, he falls in love with Vaishnavi. When everything seems to be going fine, Abhi’s phobia creates new misunderstandings in his love story.
Production and releaseEdit
The film marks the directorial debut of Polimera Nageshawar. Filming primarily took place around Hyderabad while the songs were shot in Darjeeling. Shekar Chandra composed the music while Karthika Srinivas and Amarnath Reddy performed the editing and cinematography respectively. Atithi Devo Bhava was released on 7 January 2022 ahead of the festival of Sankranti, following the postponement of major Telugu productions like RRR and Radhe Shyam.
|1.||"Baguntundhi Nuvvu Navvithe"||Bhaskarabhatla||Sid Sriram, Nutana Mohan||3:43|
|2.||"Ninnu Chudagane"||Bhaskarabhatla||Anurag Kulkarni||3:25|
|3.||"Gaaju Bomma Teeruna"||Krishna Kanth||Hrithika Aanandhi, Ritesh G Rao||3:41|
|4.||"Chinni Gunde"||Geetha Krishna||Sri Kavya Chandana, Ritesh G Rao||2:15|
A reviewer from The Hans India rated the film 1+1⁄2 stars of 5 and wrote, "Atithi Devo Bhava is a regular and outdated romantic family entertainer that lacks impactful narration and convincing screenplay. Though the lead actors gave a decent performance, the film struggles with loopholes like uneven narration and outdated treatment." Anji Shetty of Sakshi, who also rated the same, opined that the director had failed in execution despite having a novel idea.
A reviewer from Eenadu appreciated the storyline and score but criticized the screenplay. Asianet News' Surya Prakash felt the film lacked a thriller element which could keep the audience hooked to the story while the comedy and action sequences where poorly handled.
- "Atithi Devo Bhava Review". Indiaglitz. 7 January 2022.
- "'Atithi Devo Bhava' will give Aadi Saikumar a good break: Director". Telangana Today. 4 January 2022. Archived from the original on 4 January 2022.
- "Aadi Sai Kumar's next titled 'Atithi Devobhava,' first look poster out". The Times of India. 7 September 2021. Archived from the original on 1 September 2021.
- "Nagarjuna, Naga Chaitanya's 'Bangarraju' joins Sankranti race". The Hindu. 6 January 2022.
- "Atithi Devobhava (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Youtube Music. Retrieved 12 January 2022.
- "Atithi Devo Bhava Movie Review: Outdated family entertainer". The Hans India. 9 January 2022. Archived from the original on 11 January 2022.
- Shetty, Anji (7 January 2022). "'అతిథి దేవో భవ' మూవీ రివ్యూ". Sakshi (in Telugu). Archived from the original on 7 January 2022.
- "Atithi DevoBhava Review: రివ్యూ అతిథి దేవోభవ". Eenadu (in Telugu). 7 January 2022. Archived from the original on 7 January 2022.
- Prakash, Surya (7 January 2022). "Review: ఆది 'అతిథి దేవో భవ' మూవీ రివ్యూ". Asianet News Network (in Telugu). Archived from the original on 7 January 2022.