2025 (MMXXV) will be a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2025th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 25th year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2020s decade.
|Ab urbe condita||2778|
|Balinese saka calendar||1946–1947|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)|
4721 or 4661
— to —
乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
4722 or 4662
|- Vikram Samvat||2081–2082|
|- Shaka Samvat||1946–1947|
|- Kali Yuga||5125–5126|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 7|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 114|
|Thai solar calendar||2568|
2151 or 1770 or 998
— to —
2152 or 1771 or 999
|Unix time||1735689600 – 1767225599|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- January 1
- January 8–February 2 – The 2025 World Men's Handball Championship will be held in Croatia, Denmark and Norway.
- January 20 – The president-elect of the 2024 United States presidential election is scheduled to be inaugurated.
- January 24 – The next UK general election will be held no later than this date.
- May 12 – The 2025 general election is scheduled to take place in the Philippines.
- May–November 23 – Expo 2025 will be held in Osaka, Japan.
- October 14 – Microsoft has set the retirement (end-of-life) date for its Windows 10 operating system on this date.
- October 20 – The 45th Canadian federal election will be held no later than this date.
- October–November – The 2025 Rugby League World Cup will be held in France.
- October 26– Germany will hold its next federal election.
- The Parker Solar Probe's mission comes to an end.
- Both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 space probes have sufficient electrical power to operate their radio transmitters until at least this year.
- The 2025 Polish presidential election is scheduled to be held.
- Toyota plans to launch its first fully electric vehicles.
- NASA will land the first female astronaut and the first African American male astronaut on the surface of the Moon through Artemis 3.
- Boeing is set to deliver the Boeing 777X to the market.
- Planned ecumenical meeting of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches at Nicaea (İznik, Turkey) to mark the 1,700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea.
- The ESA plans to begin mining the moon for natural resources by this date.
- Norway plans to ban the sale of all new diesel and petrol cars by this year.
- Pakistan will host 2025 ICC Champions Trophy.
- ITER's first plasma will occur.
- Kazakhstan will gradually transition to the Latin alphabet.
- Moore's law is forecast to end by this year.
- The Caribbean guilder is to replace the Netherlands Antillean guilder as the currency for Curaçao and Sint Maarten.
- Gugliotta, Guy (November 17, 2009). "An Air-Traffic Upgrade to Improve Travel by Plane". The New York Times.
- "Osaka Is World Expo 2025 Host | JAPAN Forward". Japan Forward. November 23, 2018. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Windows 10 Home and Pro Lifecycle". docs.microsoft.com. Retrieved June 27, 2021.
- "Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Lifecycle". docs.microsoft.com. Retrieved June 27, 2021.
- NASA. "Parker Solar Probe: The Mission". Parker Solar Probe. NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Retrieved June 29, 2021.
- "Voyager – Spacecraft – Spacecraft Lifetime". NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. January 14, 2003. Archived from the original on October 27, 2007. Retrieved November 4, 2007.
- Alexander Stoklosa (June 10, 2019). "Toyota Details Six New EV Models Launching for 2020–2025". Car and Driver. Retrieved November 15, 2020.
- Peppard, Michael (May 30, 2014). "Nicea III in 2025?". Commonweal Magazine. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Kent, Lauren (January 22, 2019). "The European Space Agency plans to start mining for natural resources on the moon". CNN. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- Coren, Michael J. (August 7, 2018). "Nine countries say they'll ban internal combustion engines. So far, it's just words". Quartz. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- "Norway is electric". Government.no. Government of Norway. November 29, 2019. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- "First Plasma: 2025". ITER. August 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- "Kazakhstan spells out plans for alphabet swap". Deutsche Welle. January 4, 2017. Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- Kumar, Suhas (2012). "Fundamental Limits to Moore's Law". arXiv:1511.05956 [cond-mat.mes-hall].
- Waldrop, M. Mitchell (February 9, 2016). "The chips are down for Moore's law". Nature. 530 (7589): 144–147. Bibcode:2016Natur.530..144W. doi:10.1038/530144a. ISSN 0028-0836. PMID 26863965.
- Smaller, Faster, Cheaper, Over: The Future of Computer Chips NY Times, September 2015
- "CBCS wants to have the Caribbean guilder introduced by 2025". Curaçao Chronicle. March 6, 2022. Retrieved August 6, 2022.