This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 275 (CCLXXV) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Aurelianus and Marcellinus (or, less frequently, year 1028 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 275 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||1028|
|Balinese saka calendar||196–197|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)|
2971 or 2911
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
2972 or 2912
|Coptic calendar||−9 – −8|
|- Vikram Samvat||331–332|
|- Shaka Samvat||196–197|
|- Kali Yuga||3375–3376|
|Iranian calendar||347 BP – 346 BP|
|Islamic calendar||358 BH – 357 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1637 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||586/587 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||817–818|
401 or 20 or −752
— to —
402 or 21 or −751
- Emperor Aurelian prepares a campaign against the Sassanids in Asia Minor. In Thrace, while waiting to cross the Bosphorus with his army, he hands out severe punishments to corrupt soldiers and makes a list of high-ranking officers marked for execution.
- September – Aurelian falls victim to a conspiracy of the Praetorian Guard and is murdered near Byzantium (Turkey).
- September 25 – Marcus Claudius Tacitus is proclaimed Emperor by the Senate, his half brother Marcus Annius Florianus becomes Praetorian prefect.
- Gaul is pillaged by the Franks and the Alemanni.
- The Pallava dynasty begins in Southern India.
- "Aurelian | Roman emperor". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved May 27, 2019.
- Cruz, Juana Inés de la (2016). Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz: Selected Works (International Student Edition) (Norton Critical Editions). W. W. Norton & Company. p. 112. ISBN 9780393623406.