This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Year 214 (CCXIV) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Messalla and Suetrius (or, less frequently, year 967 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 214 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
|Ab urbe condita||967|
|Balinese saka calendar||135–136|
|Chinese calendar||癸巳年 (Water Snake)|
2910 or 2850
— to —
甲午年 (Wood Horse)
2911 or 2851
|Coptic calendar||−70 – −69|
|- Vikram Samvat||270–271|
|- Shaka Samvat||135–136|
|- Kali Yuga||3314–3315|
|Iranian calendar||408 BP – 407 BP|
|Islamic calendar||421 BH – 420 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1698 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||525/526 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||756–757|
340 or −41 or −813
— to —
341 or −40 or −812
- The kingdom of Osroene becomes a province of the Roman Empire.
- Caracalla's victories in Germany ensure his popularity within the Roman army.
- The defences of Rhaetia are reinforced, in the form of an uninterrupted stone wall.
- Battle of Xiaoyao Ford: Zhang Liao under the command of Cao Cao beats back Sun Quan at Hefei.
- Liu Bei takes Yi Province from his clansman Liu Zhang, forming the later basis for Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms period.
- Pang Tong dies in the hands of the enemy in an ambush at the Valley of the Fallen Phoenix.