2019 Stadium Super Trucks season
|2019 Stadium Super Trucks season|
The 2019 Speed Energy Stadium Super Trucks season is the seventh season of the Stadium Super Trucks series.
|9||E. J. Chiba||5–6|
|22||Zach Van Matre||5–6|
Schedule and resultsEdit
|Rnd||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Winning driver||Supporting|
|1||Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas||March 23||Travis Pecoy||Blade Hildebrand||IndyCar Classic|
|2||March 24||Gavin Harlien||Matthew Brabham|
|3||Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas||March 31||Bill Hynes||Sheldon Creed||O'Reilly Auto Parts 500|
|4||Robby Gordon||Sheldon Creed|
|5||Streets of Long Beach, Long Beach, California||April 13||E. J. Chiba||Matthew Brabham||Grand Prix of Long Beach|
|6||April 14||Blade Hildebrand||Robby Gordon|
|7||Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ontario||July 13||Casey Mears||Cole Potts||Honda Indy Toronto|
|8||July 14||Ryan Eversley||Gavin Harlien|
|9||Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio||July 27||Honda Indy 200|
|TBA||Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin||August 23||CTECH Manufacturing 180|
|TBA||Portland International Raceway, Portland, Oregon||August 30||Grand Prix of Portland|
The 2019 season began at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, running as a support event to the IndyCar Series' IndyCar Classic. Continental AG's Continental Tire brand made its SST debut during the weekend, providing the TerrainContact A/T tire for four drivers and fielding a truck for Ryan Beat; Sheldon Creed and Greg Biffle also drove the truck during the season. Blade Hildebrand and Matthew Brabham won the weekend's races, the former recording his first career SST victory.
A week later, the series remained in Texas to join the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series' O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 weekend at Texas Motor Speedway; it was SST's first weekend as an undercard to strictly NASCAR events, and the third consecutive season it raced at the track. SST's racing, dubbed the Outdoor Powersports Offroad Rumble, saw Creed win both races. In the first event, Brabham, Robby Gordon, and Jeff Hoffman were involved in a wreck that saw the trio roll over on the ramp. The following race featured Bill Hynes rolling onto a barrier for a red flag; shortly after the event was halted, Gordon nearly collided with a safety vehicle attending to Hynes' truck, but braked on time; Gordon explained his radio with race officials had failed.
At Long Beach, Baja 1000 racer and SST test driver Zach Van Matre made his series debut, while Japanese driver E. J. Chiba returned to SST for the first time since Texas in 2018. In the first race, Brabham battled with Creed for the win, with the former securing the position with two laps left and holding on to the win. Gordon won the second round.
In July, the series returned to Honda Indy Toronto for the first time since 2016. NASCAR veteran Casey Mears and Canadian driver Russell Boyle ran their first race of the year, while sports car driver Ryan Eversley made his SST debut. Cole Potts won the first round after it was shortened due to weather, while Gavin Harlien won the second; with two second-place finishes, Brabham claimed the overall weekend victory.
- Neubaum, Tierra (March 23, 2019). "IndyCar makes Austin debut at Circuit of the Americas". KTBC. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "Continental to compete in SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks series". Tire Business. March 22, 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- Bils, Chris (March 23, 2019). "Support races provide thrills on IndyCar Saturday at COTA". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Sinclair, Adam (March 26, 2019). "Blade Hildebrand Wins Stadium Super Trucks 2019 Opener in Austin, Texas". Speedway Digest. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- "Stadium Super Trucks added to 2019 O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 NASCAR tripleheader spring weekend". Texas Motor Speedway. December 5, 2018. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "Brendan Fraser to drive pace car prior to Sunday's race at Texas". NASCAR. March 27, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Nguyen, Justin (April 1, 2019). "Sheldon Creed dominates, sweeps Texas races". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Herrero, Daniel (April 1, 2019). "VIDEO: Tow truck near miss, wild triple rollover in SST". Speedcafe. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Jordan, Jerry (April 1, 2019). "Stadium Super Trucks wow fans after NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway". Kickin' the Tires. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- "Zach Van Matre to make First SST Start in HD Supply White Cap Backed Entry at Grand Prix of Long Beach". Stadium Super Trucks. April 12, 2019. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Nguyen, Justin (April 13, 2019). "Sheldon Creed leads Long Beach qualifying". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Dottore, Damian (April 13, 2019). "Grand Prix notes: Driving for a big-time owner brings share of challenges". Press-Telegram. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Coch, Mat; Herrero, Dan (April 15, 2019). "WORLD WRAP: Aussie James Allen wins ELMS opener". Speedcafe. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Single Day Tickets Go On Sale Tomorrow for the 2019 Honda Indy Toronto". Honda Indy Toronto. May 29, 2019. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- Nguyen, Justin (July 9, 2019). "Russell Boyle returning to SST at Toronto". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Nguyen, Justin (July 10, 2019). "Ryan Eversley, Casey Mears join SST grid at Toronto". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- McCubbin, Ashley (July 17, 2019). "Stadium Super Trucks Experience Successful, Exciting Return to Toronto". Popular Speed. Retrieved July 19, 2019.