Type of site
|Key people||Justin Murray (General Manager)|
|Launched||23 October 2009|
Speedcafe.com is primarily dedicated to Supercars Championship news and race reports, as well as other domestic series including Australian GT, SuperUtes Series and the Australian Carrera Cup Championship. The site also covers various international motorsport categories including Formula One, MotoGP, World Rally Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship and NASCAR.
Speedcafe.com has also expanded with its own classifieds section. In 2015, the site formed a partnership with V8X magazine. The website is also a major partner of the Australian Motor Sport Hall of Fame.
The Speedcafe.com team is led by senior editor and journalist Tom Howard. Mat Coch, Daniel Herrero and Mark Fogarty are also a part of the team along with occasional contributions from Australian motorsport historian Aaron Noonan and international correspondents Gordon Kirby and Stefan Johansson. The General Manager of Speedcafe.com is Justin Murray.
Former staff members include Grant Rowley, Stefan Bartholomaeus and Gordon Lomas.
Speedcafe.com was featured in a 2012 episode of Media Watch that investigated owner Brett 'Crusher' Murray for the conflict of interest between parent company BAM Media and his work as a columnist for the Gold Coast Bulletin.
- "Speedcafe.com celebrates its fifth birthday". Speedcafe. 20 October 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Speedcafe.com launches new-look website". Speedcafe. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "V8X Supercar Magazine teams up with Speedcafe.com!". V8X Magazine. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Speedcafe.com goes from strength to strength". Speedcafe. 2 March 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "Bully in the naughty corner". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 5 November 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2017.