2019 Copa América Final
|Event||2019 Copa América|
|Date||7 July 2019|
|Venue||Estádio do Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro|
|Man of the Match||Everton (Brazil)|
|Referee||Roberto Tobar (Chile)|
This edition was the fifth hosted by the Brazil. This match marks the third time Peru reached the final of which two times have been winners. Their last championship (including worldwide tournaments) was won in 1975. Meanwhile, it is Brazil's nineteenth final, of which eight times have been winners. The last final that Brazil won was in the 2007 hosted in Venezuela, after defeating Argentina by 3 goals to 0.
Route to the finalEdit
|Group A winners
|Final standings||Group A third place
|Paraguay||0–0 (4–3 p)||Quarter-finals||Uruguay||0–0 (5–4 p)|
Everton opened the scoring for Brazil after 15 minutes with a low right footed volley from eight yards out after a Gabriel Jesus cross from the right. Peru were awarded a penalty after 44 minutes when the ball struck the hand of Thiago Silva, with Paolo Guerrero scoring with a low shot to the right corner of the net. Brazil went back in front a minute later with a shot to the left corner of the net from inside the penalty area from Gabriel Jesus. Gabriel Jesus was shown a red card after 70 minutes after picking up a second yellow for jumping into the back of Carlos Zambrano. Substitute Richarlison made it 3–1 in the 90th minute with a penalty, shooting low to the left corner after Everton was fouled by Carlos Zambrano.
|Shots on target||3||2|
- "Man of the Match". copaamerica.com. CONMEBOL. Retrieved 29 June 2019.
- "Brazil end Copa América drought with victory over Peru in final". theguardian.com. Guardian News & Media Limited. 7 July 2019. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "En 2007, Brasil le ganó a Argentina la Copa América. | Goal.com". www.goal.com (in Spanish). 2007.
- Comunicaciones, Compañia Chilena de (15 July 2007). "Brasil destrozó el favoritismo argentino y se coronó bicampeón de América". alairelibre.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 July 2007.
- "CONMEBOL y Comité Organizador Local definen calendario de la CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019" [CONMEBOL and Local Organizing Committee define the calendar of the CONMEBOL Copa América Brazil 2019] (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Firmino and Jesus strike as Brazil sink Argentina in Copa América semi-final". Guardian. 2 July 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Peru set up Brazil clash in Copa América final after resounding win over Chile". Guardian. 4 July 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- Peru.com (3 February 2016). "Perú, campeón de la Copa América 1975". Perú.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Elcomercio.pe, Redacción (10 October 2015). "Copa América 1975: el gol de Sotil que le dio título a Perú". El Comercio (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Brazil 3 Peru 1: as it happened". Guardian. 7 July 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Brazil 3 Peru 1". BBC Sport. 7 July 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Designación de árbitros" (PDF) (in Spanish).
- "CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019: Reglamento" [CONMEBOL Copa América Brazil 2019: Regulations] (PDF) (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 26 April 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Brazil vs Peru - Football Match Stats - July 7, 2019 - ESPN".