Events in the year 1988 in Pakistan.
|See also:||Other events of 1988|
List of years in Pakistan
- President: Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (until 17 August), Ghulam Ishaq Khan (starting 17 August)
- Prime Minister: Muhammad Khan Junejo (until 29 May), Benazir Bhutto (starting 2 December)
- Chief Justice: Mohammad Haleem
- Governor of Balochistan – Musa Khan
- Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa – Fida Mohammad Khan (until 16 June); Amir Gulistan Janjua (starting 16 June)
- Governor of Punjab – Sajjad Hussain Qureshi (until 9 December); Tikka Khan (starting 9 December)
- Governor of Sindh –
- April – Ojhri Camp, The ammunition Depot located at ojhri camp Rawalpindi mysteriously exploded on 10 April 1988 at 1000 hrs. Rockets fired randomly in every direction, killing many people and destroying many houses the city of Rawalpindi.
- May _ General Zia, attacked Shia Muslims of Gilgit Baltistan with support of terrorists.
- August – General Zia, the U.S. ambassador and top Pakistan army officials die in mysterious air crash on 17 August. General Zia's death in 1988 ends an 11-year military rule.
- November – Benazir Bhutto's PPP wins the general election.
- Moonis Ahmar (2005). Violence and Terrorism in South Asia: Chronology and Profiles, 1971-2004. Bureau of Composition, Compilation & Translation, University of Karachi. p. 778.
- "Profile of Molana Abdul Haq (R.A)". Darul Uloom Haqqania website. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2019.