1980 French Open
The 1980 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament ran from 26 May until 8 June. It was the 84th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1980.
|1980 French Open|
|Date||26 May – 8 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 32X|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Victor Amaya / Hank Pfister|
|Kathy Jordan / Anne Smith|
|Anne Smith / Billy Martin|
- It was Borg's 9th career Grand Slam title, and his 5th French Open title.
- It was Evert's 10th career Grand Slam title, and her 4th French Open title.
- "ATP – 1980 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1980 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-24. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "ATP – 1980 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
1979 Australian Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by|
1980 Wimbledon Championships