1981 French Open
The 1981 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament ran from 25 May until 7 June. It was the 85th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1981.
|1981 French Open|
|Date||25 May – 7 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 32X|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Heinz Günthardt / Balázs Taróczy|
|Rosalyn Fairbank Nideffer / Tanya Harford|
|Andrea Jaeger / James Arias|
- It was Borg's 1st title of the year, and his 61st overall. It was his 11th (and last) career Grand Slam title, and his 6th French Open title (at that time, an Open Era record).
- It was Mandlíková's 2nd title of the year, and her 13th overall. It was her 2nd career Grand Slam title, and her 1st French Open title.
Total prize money for the event was FF3,365,445.
- "ATP – 1981 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1981 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1981 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1983). World of Tennis 1982. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 35. ISBN 978-0356085968.