1830 in art
Events from the year 1830 in art.
- David Wilkie appointed Principal Painter in Ordinary to King William IV of the United Kingdom following the death of Sir Thomas Lawrence.
- Clarkson Stanfield's panorama The Military Pass of the Simplon is featured in a Christmas pantomime in London.
- Approximate beginning of the Barbizon school of painters.
- George Catlin – General William Clark
- Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot – Chartres Cathedral
- Eugène Delacroix – Liberty Leading the People
- William Etty — Candaules, King of Lydia, Shews his Wife by Stealth to Gyges, One of his Ministers, as She Goes to Bed
- Sarah Goodridge – Self-portrait
- Francesco Hayez – Venus Playing with Two Doves (Portrait of the Ballerina Carlotta Chabert)
- Carl Friedrich Lessing - A King and Queen in Mourning
- Georges Michel – L'Orage (approximate date)
- Luigi Mussini – Death of Atala
- Samuel Palmer – Coming from Evening Church
- William Strickland – Nathanael Greene Monument
- January 7 – Albert Bierstadt, landscape painter (died 1902)
- January 17 - Blaise Alexandre Desgoffe, French still-life painter (died 1901)
- April 9 – Eadweard Muybridge – photographer (died 1904)
- June 29 – John Quincy Adams Ward, sculptor (died 1910)
- July 9 – Henry Peach Robinson, photographer (died 1901)
- July 10 – Camille Pissarro, impressionist painter (died 1903)
- August 6 – Francis Bicknell Carpenter, American painter (died 1900)
- August 12 – John O'Connor, painter (died 1889)
- August 29 – John William Inchbold, pre-Raphaelite painter (died 1888)
- October 24 – Marianne North, English naturalist and flower painter (died 1890)
- December 3 – Frederic Leighton, 1st Baron Leighton, painter and sculptor (died 1896)
- date unknown – Nikolai Nevrev, Russian painter (died 1904)
- January 7 – Sir Thomas Lawrence – English portrait painter (born 1769)
- February 11 – Johann Baptist von Lampi the Elder, Austrian historical and portrait painter (born 1751)
- February 14 – Jean-Baptiste Giraud, French sculptor (born 1752)
- February 16 – Edme Quenedey des Ricets, French miniature painter and engraver (born 1756)
- February 23 – Jan Piotr Norblin, French-born Polish painter and engraver (born 1740)
- February 28 – Gaspare Landi, Italian Neoclassical painter (born 1756)
- April 10 – Johann Jakob Biedermann, Swiss painter and etcher (born 1763)
- May 11 – János Donát, Hungarian painter (born 1744)
- August – William Payne, English painter, inventor of Payne's grey (born 1760)
- August 22 – Jakob Wilhelm Roux, German draughtsman and painter (born 1771)
- September 15 – François Baillairgé, Canadian artist of woodworking, wood-carving, and architecture (born 1759)
- September 21 – Louis-Marie Autissier, French-born Belgian portrait miniature painter (born 1772)
- November 8 – Sylvester Shchedrin, Russian landscape painter (born 1791)
- November 17 – Petrus Johannes van Regemorter, Flemish landscape and genre painter (born 1755)
- December 7 – Joseph Stannard, English painter of the Norwich school (born 1797)
- December 15 – Moritz Kellerhoven, Austrian painter (born 1758)
- date unknown
- Arthur Tomson (1905). Jean-François Millet and the Barbizon School. G. Bell. p. 123.
- Edward Lear; Francesco Solinas; Rainer Willmann; Sophia Willmann (2009). Papageien, 1830-1832. Taschen. ISBN 978-3-8228-5274-3.
- Marilyn R. Brown (May 8, 2017). The Gamin de Paris in Nineteenth-Century Visual Culture: Delacroix, Hugo, and the French Social Imaginary. Taylor & Francis. p. 9. ISBN 978-1-315-31595-9.
- Jeffrey Weidman; Oberlin College. Library (2000). Artists in Ohio, 1787-1900: A Biographical Dictionary. Kent State University Press. p. 907. ISBN 978-0-87338-616-6.
- James Silk Buckingham; John Sterling; Frederick Denison Maurice (1830). The Athenæum: A Journal of Literature, Science, the Fine Arts, Music, and the Drama. J. Francis. p. 235.