Events in the year 1827 in Art.
- Sir Richard Westmacott becomes Professor of Sculpture at the Royal Academy.
- John James Audubon begins publication of The Birds of America in the United Kingdom. Much of the background botanical artwork is by Joseph Mason.
- English painter Benjamin Haydon is committed to debtors' prison in London; while there he witnesses the mock election in the King's Bench Prison and records it in the paintings The Mock Election and Chairing the Member.
- Charles Codman is discovered by art critic and patron John Neal.
- William Blake – The Wood of the Self-Murderers: The Harpies and the Suicides
- Karl Briullov – Italian Midday
- Thomas Campbell
- George Catlin – Bird's Eye View of Niagara Falls
- Thomas Cole – Autumn in the Catskills
- Eugène Delacroix
- Jean-François Garneray – The grand Dauphin visits a hut, led by the Duc de Montausier
- François Gérard - Coronation of Charles X of France
- Francisco Goya (attributed) – The Milkmaid of Bordeaux
- Hokusai – wood-block print series (1827–1830)
- A Tour of the Waterfalls of the Provinces
- Unusual Views of Celebrated Bridges in the Provinces
- Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres – The Apotheosis of Homer
- Orest Kiprensky – Portrait of Alexander Pushkin
- François Rude – Mercury fastening his sandals after having killed Argos (model for bronze casting)
- John Simpson – The Captive Slave
- February 13 – Frederick Daniel Hardy, English genre painter and member of the Cranbrook Colony (died 1911)
- April 2 – William Holman Hunt, English pre-Raphaelite painter (died 1910)
- May 1
- May 11 – Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux, French painter and sculptor (died 1875)
- June 21 – Vincenzo Cabianca, Italian painter (died 1902)
- October 19 – Charles Cordier, French sculptor (died 1905)
- Thomas Farrell, Irish sculptor (died 1900)
- Emma Schenson, Swedish photographer (died 1913)
- February 22 – Charles Willson Peale, American painter (born 1741)
- April 21 – Thomas Rowlandson, English artist and caricaturist (born 1757)
- May 6 – François-Frédéric Lemot, French sculptor (born 1772)
- August 12 – William Blake, English painter, poet and engraver (born 1757)
- December 23 – John Higton, English painter primarily of animals (born 1776)
- date unknown