Events from the year 1748 in Sweden
|Years in Sweden:||1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s|
|Years:||1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751|
- - The King is no longer able to participate in politics because of health reasons, and a stamp with his signature is manufactured and used by the government of the Riksdag of the Estates.
- - The Royal Order of the Seraphim, Order of the Sword and Order of the Polar Star is created.
- - A new law disbands the privileges of all factories who cannot support themselves with the exception of private home manufacture.
- - The Romani are formally allowed to live in Sweden. The condition is however that they settle permanently and abandon their nomadic life style.
- - Eva Ekeblad is inducted to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. She is the first female member there.
- - A fund and a home is established for the support of widows and orphans of sailors.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2015)
- Hadenius, Stig, Nilsson, Torbjörn & Åselius, Gunnar, Sveriges historia: vad varje svensk bör veta, Bonnier Alba, Stockholm, 1996
- Du Rietz, Anita, Kvinnors entreprenörskap: under 400 år, 1. uppl., Dialogos, Stockholm, 2013
Media related to 1748 in Sweden at Wikimedia Commons