1702 in music
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The year 1702 in music involved some significant events.
- Johann Sebastian Bach leaves Lüneburg.
- Georg Philipp Telemann becomes director of Leipzig opera, and founds Leipzig Collegium Musicum.
- 17-year-old George Frideric Handel succeeds his teacher Friedrich Wilhelm Zachow as organist at Halle.
- Alessandro Scarlatti leaves Naples and seeks the patronage of Prince Ferdinando de' Medici.
Published popular musicEdit
- Giovanni Henrico Albicastro – Sonate a violino solo col basso continuo
- Tomaso Albinoni
- Lontananza crudel, mi squarci il core, T.204.04 (Op. 4)
- Poiché al vago seren di due pupille, T.205
- Friedrich Nicolaus Brauns – St John Passion (formerly attributed to Reinhard Keiser)
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier
- Extremum Dei judicium, H.401
- Judicium Salomonis, performed for the opening of the French parliament
- François Couperin
- Quatre versets d'un motet composé et chanté par ordre du roy
- Qui dat nivem sicut lanam
- Johann Caspar Ferdinand Fischer
- Ariadne musica
- Louis Marchand – Pièces de clavecin, Livre 1
- James Paisible – 6 Sonatas of Two Parts
- Alessandro Scarlatti – Mottetti sacri ad una, due, trè, e quattro voci con violini
- Francesco Scarlatti – Dixit dominus (Psalm 110)
- Johannes Schenck – Le nymphe di Rheno, 12 sonatas and suites for 2 violas da gamba, Op. 8 (Amsterdam)
- Johann Speth – Ars Magna Consoni et Dissoni
- Francisco Valls – Missa Scala Aretina
- Friedrich Wilhelm Zachow – Danksaget dem Vater
- January 6 – José de Nebra, composer (died 1768)
- February 7 – Carl August Thielo, composer (died 1763)
- February 27 – Johann Valentin Görner, composer (died 1762)
- March 5 – Michael Mietke II, German harpsichord maker (died 1754)
- March 13 – Burkat Shudi, Swiss-born harpsichord maker (died 1773)
- March 27 – Johann Ernst Eberlin, composer (died 1762)
- July 22 – Alessandro Besozzi, oboist and composer (died 1793)
- date unknown – Antoine Gilis, composer (died 1781)