14th Venice International Film Festival
The 14th annual Venice International Film Festival was held from 20 August to 4 September 1953. The Golden Lion of Saint Mark was not awarded this year. The jury, having examined the films in competition and noting the considerable average high level of the motion pictures presented, found that no work prevailed in terms of absolute value. In accordance with article 20 of the 1953 regulation, the jury requested the president of the festival the authorization not to award the Grand Prix, which was finally granted. Instead, the jury decided to award the Silver Lion to six films.
|Festival date||20 August – 4 September 1953|
- Silver Lion
- Volpi Cup
- Bronze Lion
- OCIC Award
- Pasinetti Award
- "The 1950s". Retrieved October 8, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "14. Mostra Internazionale d'Arte Cinematografica di Venezia". La Biennale di Venezia (in Italian). Archivio Storico delle Arti Contemporanee. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- Zacharek, Stephanie (September 5, 2013). "Venice update: Kelly Reichardt's Night Moves, James Franco's Child of God, and more". LA Weekly. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Lane, Anthony (September 8, 2013). "The Venice Film Festival". The New Yorker. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- "Juries for the 1950s". Retrieved October 8, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)