1100 Bel Air Place
1100 Bel Air Place is an album of love songs performed by Julio Iglesias, and released by Columbia Records in 1984. It was the first of Iglesias' albums to be performed largely in English, and it is generally considered his breakthrough album in English speaking markets.
|1100 Bel Air Place|
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Richard Perry, Ramon Arcusa|
|Julio Iglesias chronology|
The album features Julio's only US Top 40 hits, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before", with Willie Nelson, and "All of You" with Diana Ross. The Beach Boys sang back-up on "The Air That I Breathe", a tune from Albert Hammond's 1972 album It Never Rains in Southern California, which was also a major hit for the British band The Hollies in 1974.
|1.||"All of You" (with Diana Ross)||Cynthia Weil, Julio Iglesias, Tony Renis||3:57|
|2.||"Two Lovers"||Paul Jabara, Jay Asher||4:23|
Il Tape sur des Bambous
|"Il Tape sur des Bambous": Didier Barbelivien, Phillipe Lavil & Michael Heron|
"Jamaica": Julio Iglesias, Michel Colombier & Albert Hammond
|4.||"The Air That I Breathe" (with The Beach Boys)||Hammond, Michael Hazelwood||4:16|
|5.||"The Last Time"||Iglesias, Panzer, Manuel De La Calva, Ramon Arcusa||3:36|
|6.||"Moonlight Lady"||Hammond, Carole Bayer Sager||4:10|
|7.||"When I Fall in Love"||Edward Heyman, Victor Young||3:27|
|8.||"Me Va, Me Va"||Ricardo Ceratto; English Lyrics By Albert Hammond||6:03|
|9.||"If (E Poi)"||David Gates; Italian Lyrics By Testa||3:09|
|10.||"To All the Girls I've Loved Before" (with Willie Nelson)||Hammond, Hal David||3:30|
|11.||"I Don't Want to Wake You" (bonus track on 2006 version)|
- Julio Iglesias – main artist, vocals
- Mike Landau, David Williams – guitars
- John Barnes, Michael Boddicker, Robbie Buchanan, Michel Colombier, Rafael Ferro, David Foster, Nicky Hopkins, James Newton Howard, Randy Kerber, Steve Mitchell, Greg Phillinganes, John Van Tongeren – keyboards
- Arnold Belnick, Isabelle Daskoff, Assa Drori, Henry Ferver, Joe Goodman, Reg Hill, Bill Hymanson, Kathy Lenski, Bill Nuttycombe, Stanley Plummer, Bob and Sheldon Sanov, Haim Shtrum, Marshall Sosson, Bob Sushel, Mary Tsumura, Gerald Vinci, Shari Zippert – violin
- Stan Ackerman, Marilyn Baker, Myer Bello, Pamela Goldsmith, Allan Harshman, Virginia Majewski, Garey Nuttycombe, Dave Schwartz – viola
- Ron Cooper, Larry Corbett, Douglas Davis, Ray Kelley, Jacqueline Lustgarten, Fred Seydora, David Speltz – cello
- Charles Davis, Chuck Findley, Gary Grant, Larry Hall, Jerry Hey – brass
- Erich Bulling – horns
- Richard Todd, Brad Warnaar – French horn
- Les Benedict, Dick Hyde, Charles Loper, Lew McCreary, Dick Nash, Bill Reichenbach – trombone
- Alexandra Brown, Kenny Cetera, Steven George, Tom Kelly, Richard Marx, Richard Page, Stephanie Spruill, Julia and Maxine Waters – backing vocals
- Abraham Laboriel, Nathan East, Neil Stubenhaus, Mike Porcaro – bass
- Carlos Vega – drums
- Stan Getz - Saxophone
- Luis Conte, Michael Fisher, Paulinho da Costa – percussion
- Lillian Glass - Dialect Coach
- Track 1 arranged by Tony Renis and John Barnes; tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 arranged by Michel Colombier; track 4 arranged by Robbie Buchanan and Ramon Arcusa, with Beach Boys' vocals arranged by Brian Wilson; tracks 8 and 9 arranged by Randy Kerber, with percussion arrangements on track 8 by Paulinho da Costa; track 10 arranged by Nicky Hopkins
- Produced by Richard Perry and Ramon Arcusa, with Albert Hammond as associate producer
- Engineered by Humberto Gatica and Terry Christian
- Mixed by Humberto Gatica
|Canada (Music Canada)||5× Platinum||500,000^|
|Spain (PROMUSICAE)||2× Platinum||200,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||4× Platinum||4,000,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "1100 Bel Air Place". Allmusic. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Quincy Jones moves from 1100 Bel Air Place". Jet. 2005. Archived from the original on 26 August 2007. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Canadian album certifications – Julio Iglesias – 1100 Bel Air Place". Music Canada.
- Julio Iglesias 30th Anniversary. Billboard magazine. 2000-05-27. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- Sólo Éxitos 1959–2002 Año A Año: Certificados 1979–1990 (in Spanish), Iberautor Promociones Culturales, ISBN 8480486392, retrieved 25 April 2018
- "Spanish album certifications – Julio Iglesias – 1100 Bel Air Place" (PDF) (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. Select Albums under "Chart", enter 1984 in the field "Year". Select the certification week in the field "Semana". Click on "Search Charts".
- "American album certifications – Julio Iglesias – 1100 Bel Air Place". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.