This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Landau (born June 1, 1958) is an American musician, engineer, and record producer. He is a prolific session musician and guitarist who has played on a large number of albums since the early 1980s with artists as varied as Boz Scaggs, Minoru Niihara, Joni Mitchell, Seal, Michael Jackson, James Taylor, Helen Watson, Richard Marx, Steve Perry, Pink Floyd, Roger Daltrey, Stevie Nicks, Glenn Frey, and Miles Davis. Landau, along with fellow session guitarists Dean Parks, Steve Lukather, Michael Thompson and Dann Huff, played on many of the major label releases recorded in Los Angeles from the 1980s–1990s. He has released music with several record labels including Ulftone Music and Tone Center Records, a member of the California-based Shrapnel Label Group.
Landau in 2015
|Birth name||Michael Christopher Landau|
|Born||June 1, 1958|
Los Angeles, United States
|Genres||Rock, blues, hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Engineer, Producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, sitar, mandolin, synthesizer, chitarrone|
In addition to his session work, Landau has also fronted several bands including Raging Honkies and Burning Water. In the early 1980s, he was also in the band Maxus that featured fellow future Los Angeles session musicians Robbie Buchanan, Jay Gruska, and Doane Perry.
Landau has a signature Single coil guitar pickup with Suhr Guitars called the 'ML.' In 2013, Fender announced that they would be collaborating with Landau on a signature stratocaster. In 2015, Fender released the 'Michael Landau Signature' amplifier, a modified version of Hot Rod DeVille III 
Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Landau used a rack switching system made by Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics. Other notable users of such systems were Steve Lukather and Eddie Van Halen among others.
- Tales from the Bulge (1990)
- The Star Spangled Banner (2001)
- Michael Landau Live 2000 (2001)
- The Michael Landau Group-Live (2006)
- Organic Instrumentals (2012)
- Rock Bottom (2018)
With Renegade Creation
- Renegade Creation (2010)
- Bullet (2012)
With Hazey Jane
- Holy Ghost (2009)
With Stolen Fish
- Give Me A Ride (1999)
- Like I Said (2001)
With The Raging Honkies
- We Are The Best Band (1994)
- Boner (1996)
With Burning Water
- Burning Water (1991)
- Mood Elevator (1992)
- Live And Lit (1993)
- Abbandonato (1994)
With Rita Lee
- Bom Bom (1983)
- "Inside the Mind of Pink Floyd: David Gilmour". Guitar. September 1995. Archived from the original on December 18, 2012. Retrieved July 29, 2010.
- "The Michael Landau Group". Mikelandau.com. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- "ML Single Coil Pickups". www.suhr.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Fender Custom Shop Announces Michael Landau Signature". www.iguitarmag.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "Fender Announces Michael Landau Signature Amplifier". www.premierguitar.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "An Interview With Bob Bradshaw". www.customaudioelectronics.com. Retrieved April 27, 2016.