Dann Lee Huff (born November 15, 1960) is an American musician, songwriter and record producer. For his work as a producer in the country music genre he has won several awards including the Musician of the Year award in 2001, 2004, and 2016 at the Country Music Association Awards and the Producer of the Year award in 2006 and 2009 at the Academy of Country Music. He is the father of American singer and songwriter Ashlyne Huff and brother of Giant and White Heart drummer David Huff.
|Birth name||Dann Lee Huff|
|Born||November 15, 1960|
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
Huff grew up in Nashville and attended Brentwood Academy. His father, Ronn Huff, was an arranger, composer and conductor who wrote orchestrations for film and television and was the pops conductor for the Nashville Symphony. Huff began his career as part of the original Christian rock band White Heart in which he played with his brother David Huff, and later in the melodic hard rock band Giant. He has since then been active as a session guitarist and producer in both rock music and country music with his first guitar recording debut for Ron Haffkine and Kyle Lehning. In the 1980s, Huff played guitar on albums for Michael Jackson, Amy Grant, Scritti Politti, Whitesnake, Roger Hodgson, Steven Curtis Chapman, Doro Pesch, Juice Newton, Michael W. Smith, George Benson, Whitney Houston's debut album Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rogers and more. Since the 1990s, Huff has been working as a producer for various bands and artists,Touring with Hank Williams, Jr, some of which include Faith Hill, Megadeth, Rebecca St. James, Rascal Flatts and Lonestar.
- Dillon, Charlotte. "Dann Huff biography". Allmusic. Retrieved July 25, 2011.
- "Producer Profile: Dann Huff". Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "Winner". Academy of Country Music. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
Enter Dann Huff in the search field.
- "Eagles" Brentwood Academy Yearbook. Nashville: Brentwood Academy. 1978.
- Bostick, Alan (January 23, 2000). "Manchester at ease with orchestra". Tennessean. p. 10F. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Oermann, Rober K. (May 25, 1983). "Tree signs Ronn Huff To Key Post". Tennessean. p. 1D. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Rosenthal, Traja (March 14, 1987). "White Heart Beats". Lodi News-Sentinel. Lodi, California , USA. p. 5. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- Cusic, Don (2009). Encyclopedia of contemporary Christian music: pop, rock, and worship. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 461. ISBN 978-0-313-34425-1.
- "20 20 by George Benson @ARTISTdirect". ARTISTdirect. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "Emotion by Barbra Streisand @ARTISTdirect". ARTISTdirect. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "What About Me by Kenny Rogers @ARTISTdirect". ARTISTdirect. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- Songs and Albums on which Dann Huff played on
- Biography of Giant/Dan Huff on Allmusic.com
- Tucker, Ken (April 15, 2006). "Hitting the high notes". Billboard Magazine. e5 Global Media. p. 38. Retrieved September 4, 2010.
- "Lonely Grill - Lonestar - Credits - AllMusic". Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Prown, Pete; Newquist, HP. Legends of rock guitar: The essential reference of rock's greatest guitarists. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 211. ISBN 0-7935-4042-9.
- "1990 album: Go West Young Man". Artist Direct. Retrieved October 10, 2009.
- "Red - Taylor Swift | Credits". AllMusic.