This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pro-Música Brasil (PMB), previously Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD) (English: Brazilian Association of Record Producers), is an official representative body of the record labels in the Brazilian phonographic market.
|Purpose||Trade organization protecting music production companies' interests|
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro|
The Brazilian Association of Record Producers, ABPD, was set up in April 1958 and represents the largest phonogram producers established in Brazil. The priorities of the ABPD are to develop conditions to assist the industry in preserving the music market and developing new markets and music marketing technologies, as well as fighting online piracy and promoting appropriate legislation in the areas of copyright and neighboring right, in addition to promoting awareness of music as a cultural and economic value. Furthermore, the ABPD is engaged in conciliating the interests of the companies it represents with those of other title-holders in the area of copyright, as well as gathering statistical data and conducting market research and surveys. The ABPD is affiliated to the umbrella association, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), with over 1,400 member companies in 66 countries.
The ABPD is also responsible for the issuance of certification awards authorized by recording companies, in recognition of the work of performers, through the awarding of "special discs", i.e. Gold, Platinum and Diamond Discs, for units sold. In the anti-piracy area, the ABPD established the "Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property Rights of the Phonographic Industry", APDIF, in 1995, and this body is involved since then in the fight against music piracy in their operational, logistic and legal aspects.
In 2016, the ABPD was renamed Pro-Música Brasil.
All companies associated with Pro-Música Brasil:
Before 1990, there were no music certification award in Brazil. Following that, the certification levels were:
Brazilian (domestic) artistsEdit
Digital media certificationEdit
- Gold: 50,000
- Platinum: 100,000
- Diamond: 500,000
- Gold: 30,000
- Platinum: 60,000
- Diamond: 250,000
Digital certifications were active for both albums (digital álbum, or DAL) and singles (digital música or DMS), using the same certification levels. Physical CD sales continued to be certified separately. The last digital certification for singles was awarded by APBD in 2013 while the last digital album was thus certified in 2015.
Starting in 2017, the certifications for digital sales were united with those of actual sales with the following rules. For the sake of album certifications, paid digital downloads of full albums are equal to a physical album sale. Paid digital downloads of singles from the album are also counted for album certification, where ten singles downloads are equivalent to one album sale. For audio and video streams of one or more tracks in the album, 5,000 streams are equivalent to one album. Single certifications are based on digital download. For audio and video streaming, 500 streams are equal to one download. The thresholds for both album and single certifications are the ones previously assigned to CDs.
List of Diamond certified albumsEdit
The following is a list of albums that have been certified Diamond or more by Pro-Música Brasil (and previously Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos).
- Acústico - Ao Vivo (Bruno & Marrone)
- Acústico MTV (Cássia Eller)
- Acustico MTV (Kid Abelha)
- Acústico MTV (Legião Urbana)
- Acústico MTV (Roberto Carlos)
- Acústico MTV (Titãs)
- Ágape Amor Divino
- Águas Purificadoras
- Amor sem Limite
- As Super Novas
- Back to Black
- Banda Eva Ao Vivo
- Brincadeira de Criança
- Bruno & Marrone Ao Vivo
- Clássicos Sertanejos
- O Canto da Cidade
- O Céu Explica Tudo
- O Clone Internacional
- Como. Sempre Feito. Nunca
- Deixa Entrar
- É o Tchan no Hawaí
- O Embaixador (Ao Vivo)
- Equilíbrio Distante
- Galinha Pintadinha 4
- Laços de Família Internacional'
- Leandro & Leonardo Vol. 7
- O Maior Troféu
- Mamonas Assassinas
- Memórias, Crônicas, e Declarações de Amor
- Meu Presente é Você
- MTV ao Vivo (Ivete Sangalo)
- My Worlds
- Preciso de Ti
- Prenda Minha
- O Samba Poconé
- Quatro Estações Ao Vivo
- Que País É Este
- Roberto Carlos (1995)
- Roberto Carlos (1996)
- Sexto Sentido
- Som de Adoradores
- Tá Delicia Tá Gostoso
- Thank U, Next
- Toca Lulu
- Torre de Babel Internacional
- Um Presente Para Jesus
- Um Sonhador
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1993
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1994
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1995
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1996
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1997
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1998
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 1999
- Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano 2000
- Adele: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
- As Quatro Estações
- É o Tchan do Brasil
- Extraordinário Amor de Deus
- I Am... Sasha Fierce
- Marília Mendonça - Ao Vivo
- Minha Benção
- Na Cabeça e na Cintura
- O que é que eu sou sem Jesus?
- Paula Fernandes ao Vivo
- Todos os Cantos Vol. 1 (Marília Mendonça)
- "Sobre a ABPD: Apresentação" [About the ABPD] (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 31 March 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- "SOBRE NÓS – Pro-Música Brasil". pro-musicabr.org.br. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- "Sobre a ABPD: Lista de Associados" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 4 April 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2009.
- Sobre a ABPD: Record Produções e Gravações. Ltda Archived August 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine (in Portuguese).
- Sobre a ABPD: Line Records Archived 2008-09-27 at the Wayback Machine (in Portuguese).
- "Níveis de Certificação". abpd.org.br. Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Certification, Award Levels: Digital Download Singles" (PDF). IFPI. 2009. p. 2. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "CERTIFICADOS – Pro-Música Brasil - DIGITAL (MÚSICA)". pro-musicabr.org.br. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "CERTIFICADOS – Pro-Música Brasil - DIGITAL (ÁLBUM)". pro-musicabr.org.br. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Tabela de Níveis de Certificação Pro-Música". Pro-Música Brasil. Archived from the original on 21 June 2018. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- "Diamante". pro-musicabr.org.br. Pro-Música Brasil. Retrieved 19 October 2019.
- "Diamante Duplo". pro-musicabr.org.br. Pro-Música Brasil. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- "Diamante Triplo". pro-musicabr.org.br. Pro-Música Brasil. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Diamante Quádruplo". pro-musicabr.org.br. Pro-Música Brasil. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- Official website (in Portuguese)