Zee TV is a Hindi-language general entertainment pay television channel based in India, owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises, a subsidiary of the Essel Group. It is associated with several other sister channels which provide services in other Indian regional languages.
|Slogan||Yeh Hai Zee TV (1992–2005)|
Har Pal Banaye Ek Naya Rishta (2008–2011)
Umeed Se Saje Zindagi (2011–2014)
Har Lamha Nayi Umeed (2014–2017)
Aaj Likhenge Kal (2017–present)
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Sister channels||See list of channels owned by ZEEL|
|Launched||2 October 1992|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 514 (SD)|
Channel 854 (HD)
|Kerala Vision Digital TV (Kerala)||Channel 204 (SD)|
Channel 828 (HD)
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 108(SD)|
Channel 109 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 143 (SD) |
Channel 141 (HD)
Channel 142 (HD+)
|Dish TV||Channel 118 (SD)|
Channel 110 (HD)
|d2h||Channel 103 (SD)|
Channel 903 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 308 (SD)|
Channel 876 (HD)
The chairman of the group is Subhash Chandra, who is a BJP-backed member of the Rajya Sabha. It was launched on October 2, 1992 as the flagship channel of Zee Telefilms Ltd (now Zee Entertainment Enterprises). It is India's oldest Hindi-language pay television channel.
In 1982, Essel Group's Empire Holding Ltd. was renamed to Zee Telefilms Ltd, as part of the Essel Group venture into mass media and entertainment. Zee TV was launched on October 2, 1992, as the flagship channel of the company. It began full-day broadcasts in 1993. Zee Telefilms Ltd was renamed into the Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd on January 10, 2007, which continues to operate the entertainment channels of the Zee Network. In 2013, Zee TV, along with its sister channels, went over a branding overhaul. On 15 October 2017, coinciding Zee's twenty-five year silver jubilee, all of its channels rebranded. On 30 May 2021, Zee TV planned to revamp its look and air four new television series, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was postponed.
The Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd is the mass media company which operates the Zee Network, most of which are subscription based with some exceptions. Zee TV is the flagship channel of the company. The Zee Network consists of a number channels in the genres of general entertainment, movies, lifestyle and travel. The Zee Entertainment Enterprises also operates a number of channels under sister brands such as "&", "Big".
|Zee TV||Hindi||General Entertainment||SD+HD|
|Zindagi TV||Broadcast through ott ZEE5 Only. Satellite Channel is shut down by Essel Group|
|Big Magic||SD||Rebranded as Zee Josh soon |
|Zing||Music||Formerly Zee Music |
Rebranded as Zee Jashan soon
|Zee Anmol Cinema||SD|
|Zee Café||English||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Formerly Zee English|
|&flix||Movies||Formerly Zee Studio|
|Zee Zest||Hindi, English||Lifestyle||SD+HD||Replaced Living Foodz|
|Zee Marathi||Marathi||General Entertainment||Formely Alpha TV Marathi|
|Zee Tamil||Tamil||General Entertainment||SD+HD|
|Zee Thirai||Movies||SD||HD version coming soon|
|Zee Telugu||Telugu||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Formely Alpha TV Telugu|
|Zee Keralam||Malayalam||General Entertainment|
|Zee Picchar||Movies||SD||HD version coming soon|
|Zee Bangla||Bengali||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Formerly Alpha TV Bangla|
|Zee Bangla Cinema||Movies||SD|
|Zee Sarthak||Odia||General Entertainment||Formerly Sarthak TV|
|Zee Punjabi||Punjabi||Formerly Alpha TV Punjabi|
|Big Ganga||Bhojpuri||Rebranded as Zee Ganga soon|
|Zee 24 Ghanta||Bengali|
|Zee 24 Taas||Marathi|
|Zee 24 Kalak||Gujarati|
|Zee Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand|
|Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh|
|Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal|
|Zee Bihar Jharkhand|
|Zee World||English||General Entertainment|
|Zee Bollynova||General Entertainment|
|Zee Magic||French||General Entertainment|
|Zee Alwan||Arabic||General Entertainment|
|Zee Bing||Thai||General Entertainment|
|Zee Next||Hindi||General Entertainment||SD|
|Zee Smile||Formerly known as Smile TV|
|Zee Premier||Movies||Formerly known as Premier Cinema|
|Zee ETC Bollywood||Music||Formerly known as ETC, then ETC Bollywood|
|Zee Khana Khazana||Lifestyle||Replaced with Living Foodz|
|Zee Studio||English||Movies||Formerly known as Zee MGM, then Zee Movie Zone|
|Zee Select||Formerly known as MX|
|Zee Trendz||Lifestyle||Formerly known as Trendz TV|
|Zee Gujarati||Gujarati||General Entertainment||Formerly known as Alpha TV Gujarati|
|Living Foodz||English, Hindi||Lifestyle||SD+HD||Replaced with Zee Zest|
|Zee ETC Punjabi||Punjabi||General Entertainment||Formerly known as ETC Punjabi|
|Zee 24 Gantalu||Telugu||News|
|9X||Hindi||General Entertainment||Acquired from 9X Media|
The channel mostly airs content intended for family and coming-of-age generations ranging from comedy to drama. It has also aired reality shows such as Shabaash India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I Can Do That, India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj, and Dance India Dance.
Zee TV launched a Nickelodeon-branded programming block in 1999 as part of a distribution deal between Viacom International and Zee Entertainment Enterprises. It was replaced by a new Cartoon Network block in 2002.
Zee Rishtey AwardsEdit
Since 2007, the channel has presented an annual award show, the Zee Rishtey Awards, to performers on its show based on their popularity. Nominations for the awards are declared by the channel. The winners are selected through voting that is made online and through SMS.
- "Zee Entertainment Enterprises History". The Economic Times. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Mohan, Archis (1 June 2016). "Subhash Chandra bets on BJP support for Rajya Sabha entry". Business Standard India. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- "Zee TV completes 23 years". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 6 October 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Singh, Suhani (21 August 2017). "Entertainment Inc.: The story of Zee, one of India's first Hindi satelite [sic] channels". India Today. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Bansal, Shuchi; Sheikh, Aminah (29 September 2012). "There and back again: Subhash Chandra and the Zee TV story". Livemint. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "Zee channels to sport new logos". Business Standard. 28 March 2005. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- "ZEE TV to go under revamp on 30th May; 6 new shows to be launched".
- "Zee Entertainment Enterprises". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "ZEE Entertainment Corporate Website – Extraordinary Together". ZEE Entertainment Corporate Website. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- List of sources:
- "Zee to launch movie channel under new brand '& pictures'". Business Line. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- "ZEE Entertainment launches new Hindi General Entertainment Channel '&TV' – Times of India". The Times of India. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Malvania, Urvi (3 September 2015). "Essel launches Living Foodz". Business Standard. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Hasan, Abid (23 November 2016). "ZEE Acquires Anil Ambani-led Regional Channels Big Magic, Big Ganga". Businessworld. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- "Breaking News - Big Magic is going to rebrand as Zee Josh". Entertainment News & Updates , DTH Forum, DTH Channel Updates ,News & TV Updates. Retrieved 22 May 2021.
- "17 New serials are to be launched". IT Team. indianrelevision.com. 9 March 2001. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Sapna, Nair (14 June 2006). "Action and adventure to rule Zee's prime slot". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Prachi, Shrivastava (18 December 2014). "Zee TV hikes ad rates for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs 5". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "After Oye! It's Friday, Farhan Akhtar is returning to TV". Hindustan Times. 27 August 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Zee launches star hunt 'India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj'". Indiantelevision.com. 21 April 2004.
- "DID Little Masters tops the flock; Zee slips back to No. 3". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "ZEE TV TO LAUNCH NICKELODEON". 11 October 1999. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Cartoon Network block replaces Nick on Zee TV". 14 August 2002. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Correspondent, After Hrs (15 March 2010). "'Zee TV' ratings soar this week". DNA India.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards celebrate 20 years of channel – Times of India". The Times of India.
- Srivastava, Priyanka (1 December 2014). "TV stars shine at Zee Rishtey Awards in Mumbai". India Today.
- Aamir, S. m (29 November 2013). "Celebrating relationships" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 May 2015. Retrieved 29 April 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "News18.com: CNN News18 Latest News, Breaking News India, Current News Headlines". Ibnlive.in.com. Archived from the original on 1 May 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "Sonu Nigam accuses music company of announcing ban on him". India Today. 29 April 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2018.