Yennamo Yedho (lit. Something random...) is a 2014 Indian Tamil romantic comedy film directed by Ravi Thyagarajan starring Gautham Karthik with Nikesha Patel reprising the role portrayed by Sneha Ullal and Rakul Preet Singh reprising the role portrayed by Nithya Menon. A remake of the Telugu film Ala Modalaindi, the film was produced by Ravi Prasad Productions and has music by D. Imman. Gopi Jagadeeswaran was the cinematographer and Lalgudi N Illayaraja, of Vishwaroopam fame, was the art director. The film released on 25 April 2014 to mixed reviews.
|Directed by||Ravi Tyagarajan|
|Produced by||P. Ravikumar|
P. V. Prasad
|Written by||Nandini Reddy|
Rakul Preet Singh
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||I J Alen|
Ravi Prasad Productions
- Gautham Karthik as Gautham
- Prabhu Ganesan as Chakravarthi
- Rakul Preet Singh as Nithya
- Nikesha Patel as Kavya
- Anupama Kumar as Lakshmi, Gautham's mother
- Azhagam Perumal as Narayanan, Nithya's father
- Surekha Vani as Nithya's mother
- Sai Prashanth as Gautham's brother-in-law
- Madhan Bob as Madhan, Nithya's uncle
- Shakeela as Kujli Plus TV Anchor
- Manobala as Guruji
- Lollu Sabha Manohar
- Yogi Babu
- Snigdha as Gautham's sister
- Sadhana as Anu's aunt
- Ravi Raj as Dr. Ravishankar
- Satheesh Natrajan
Ravi Prasad Outdoor Unit, pioneers in the south for film shooting equipment bought the remake rights of Ala Modalaindi and ventured into film production with this film under the banner of Raviprasad Productions. Ravi Thyagarajan, son of fight master Thyagarajan and a former assistant to the director Priyadarshan, was selected to direct the film and make his directorial debut.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|D. Imman chronology|
The satellite rights of the film were sold to Jaya TV.
The film received negative reviews from critics. The Times of India gave the film 2 stars out of 5 and wrote, "It is a convoluted plot that just feels inane on paper but one that could pass off as a comedy of the absurd on screen. But, because of its uneven tone, the film comes across as something that is severely disjointed and unfocussed. The Hindu wrote, "there’s no end to the tiresome sequence of romance and break-ups in Yennamo Yedho. It has everything going wrong for it. A convoluted plot, unimpresive performances and unfunny comedy". Sify wrote "the plot is hackneyed, romance is half baked and lead pair is unimpressive", calling the film "a pale version of the original" and describing it as "heartbreakingly disappointing". Deccan Chronicle wrote, "Despite being the remake of Ala Modalaindi, which was a hit in Telugu, Yennamo Yedho fails to impress". Behindwoods.com gave 1.75 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Yennamo Yedho has very few gripping scenes and doesn’t make the connect with the viewer. Its pace is laborious and the romance that is portrayed is nothing new to the viewer. The so-called twists are also predictable and artificial. In spite of the refreshing lead pair, the movie leaves you weary".
The New Indian Express wrote, "The film may not be the best of romantic comedies. But it’s a fairly enjoyable watch". Indiaglitz stated, "A little bit of action, a lot of comedy - mostly situational and full of romance, Yennamo Yedho is a fairly clean entertainer and a lighthearted movie experience to chill out on, with friends and family". Oneindia.in called it "an enjoyable movie".
- "Gautam Karthik to act in Ala Modalaindi Tamil remake". The Times of India. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Gautham Karthik kickstarts his third". The Times of India. TNN. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- Nikhil Raghavan (30 March 2013). "Etcetera". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Gautham Karthik as city slicker". Deccan Chronicle. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Camera rolls for 'Ala Modalaindi' Tamil remake". Sify. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Ala Modalaindi remake second schedule begins". The Times of India. TNN. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Yennamo Yedho Lyrics". Song2lyrics. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "Yennamo Yedho movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- K. Jeshi. "Yennamo Yedho: Neither romance, nor comedy". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Movie review 'Yennamo Yetho': The 'Ala Modalaindi' remake fails to impress". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Yennamo Yedho (aka) Ennamo Edho review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Mannath, Malini. "The Highs and Lows of Love". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Yennamo Yedho Tamil Movie Review". Indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Ramchander. "Yennamo Yedho Review - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 27 April 2014.